Proposal: Vancouver - Toronto Trade.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Ew. Weaksauce. I know Lupul is always injured, but we aren't paying van city to take back the dumpster fire that is sbisa. Lupul only has 2 yrs left anyways, if he plays he can be productive, if he can't we get cap relief

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
so 1.65 in cap space is worth a good prospect and a 3rd?
hell no from the leafs

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Honestly Sbisa is a fine bottom paring dman his bad play is way overblown on here, he gets paid too much sure, but I'd rather just keep him, then take on Lupul's contract. So no from the Canucks end.

Sbisa is a borderline NHL defensemen.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Lupul could last pass for a top 6 in 2013/14 he's a black hole at the cap hit he has now.

yes he has 0 value. sbisa himself has very little value. we arent giving up lindberg and a 3rd to grab a guy that might not even make our top 6. 1.6 in cap saving that we dont really need doesnt justify it.
if the leafs were that desperate they would just buy lupul out...or even michalek/laich

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
I think there should be a ban on canucks-leafs proposal, none of these threads ends well. I think i will say pass to this proposal, leafs needs to add more.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
it's a bit rich for my likings. You'd probably have to remove Lindberg.

Lupul can still contribute (a very small amount) to an NHL team, while Sbisa hinders one.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Joffrey Lupul, Tobias Lindberg & Leafs 2017 third round pick for Luca Sbisa.

Vancouver takes on Lupul's (age 32) contract with 2 remaining years at $5,250,000 per year along with Lupul's major injury prone reputation.

Toronto takes on Sbisa's (age 26) contract with 2 remaining years at $3,600,000 per year along with Sbisa's reputation as a hard hitting but inconsistant defenseman.
Omg sorry but i would not even trade Sbisa for lupul.The guy is garbage.Dont no what the love is with this guy,but he is worse then David Booth.And i am willing to give Sbisa another chance,he was not the worst on this team last year.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Lupul is great in Toronto. The only problem is he takes up a roster spot. When he plays, he's a top 6 player usually. Thing is he's hurt a lot and that's fine with the Leafs as he gets LTIR'd.

I'm certainly not saying he has any value as he has none, but to the Leafs he is much more valuable than some other cap dump due to the fact that you can bank on him being out of the line up for 40 - 60 percent of the games.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
what another bad contract because it wouldn't be anything of value

Why would you add a worse contract to an already terrible one? If I wanted a player who only plays 40 games a year id call Colton Orr before I call Lupul. Least he doesn't cost 5.25 against the cap.

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
Why would you add a worse contract to an already terrible one? If I wanted a player who only plays 40 games a year id call Colton Orr before I call Lupul. Least he doesn't cost 5.25 against the cap.

I wouldn't do the trade in the first place, but the guy was saying leafs need to add. I can tell ya they wouldn't be adding anything with value its already bad for the leafs. Therefore I stated if the leafs were adding it would be another bad contract. Which equals negative value. Lupul isn't going to play anyway why give up assets to get rid of him.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Omg sorry but i would not even trade Sbisa for lupul.The guy is garbage.Dont no what the love is with this guy,but he is worse then David Booth.And i am willing to give Sbisa another chance,he was not the worst on this team last year.

Just because the Canucks had Bartkowski and Weber doesn't make Sbisa any better than he is. You kinda have to give him a chance since at this current hit he really isn't going anywhere.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I know posters will keep trying, but just don't see the Leafs-Canucks as being legitimate trading partners.....neither team in a position to give up younger players, and if the 'Nucks were to take on a 'bad contract', there's lots of other options out there far better than Lupul's....Hartnell for example.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Giving up a decent prospect and a pick to save less than $2 million for a team who's rebuilding and not in any real desperate need of cap space makes zero sense. We aren't Chicago.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Lupul could last pass for a top 6 in 2013/14 he's a black hole at the cap hit he has now.

Unlike Sbisa at least Lupul can only suck for a maximum of 40 games a year because that's all he can stay healthy for (you probably get more good games from Lupul's 40 than Sbisa's 80).

Nucknuck

Jan 20, 2015
I'm not sure where all this Sbisa hate is coming from. He was the only regular defenceman on the Canucks to finish as a plus (+5). This on a team that was one of the worst in the league defensively. And he played the majority of the season playing his off right side. With Hamhuis gone he can play the left side again and will be a decent #5 defenceman. Way more valuable than Lupul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad