Vancouver Sports Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
I think they are the best show going...by a long shot.
Pretty good show. The Simpsons references and the Moj “hand job” clip they play every damn day has literally morphed into dad jokes that are prob funny to Bro Jake now. That’s all I have for critique really ]. Their intro music after commercials deserves an award.. always takes me back.

member 290103

Pretty good show. The Simpsons references and the Moj “hand job” clip they play every damn day has literally morphed into dad jokes that are prob funny to Bro Jake now. That’s all I have for critique really ]. Their intro music after commercials deserves an award.. always takes me back.

Yup, sure, they could get to the point where it gets tired. Let's hope they recognize this and maybe change things up.

Reactions: The Drop

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I wonder if Halford and Brough is happy having to wake up so much earlier.

Will 650 make any changes?

Really though? I mean, the guy never had anything interesting to say? He never seemed like a guy that formed his own opinions to me. He was always a follower who would take the opinions of people he man crushed on and then pretend to be passionate about them. He was so over dramatic too......"Make no mistake!" "How good is that!"

Pratt, frankly, sucked.

Moj and Donny are also a waste of time. They put the show on for their own entertainment.

I was surprised to read that Pratt was dominating the ratings so I was even more surprised to see him let go.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Botch on the radio in small doses is quite good. When he co hosts an entire show it gets a little bit old.

Pratt was the worst, I dont know how much was schtick but it was not enjoyable at all ever.

Reactions: Hemty

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
650 would be smart to pick up Pratt. As bad as he is he is possibly better than any host on 650...and he would immediately be their most listened to show

RealityCheck22

Jul 13, 2018
650 would be smart to pick up Pratt. As bad as he is he is possibly better than any host on 650...and he would immediately be their most listened to show

I think you would likely be right. 650 is so bland with zero character. Other than Rintoul, their lack of sports knowledge is appalling.

RealityCheck22

Jul 13, 2018
I'm not really a Pratt fan. Too much shock jock shtick. He does know sports though. especially the behinds the scene stuff.

Media in general is sure ruthless. There had to be something else going on behind the scenes to delete Pratt like that. As if he never existed.

RealityCheck22

Jul 13, 2018
..and how Pratt lost his job and 'Donnie and the Moj' are still there? It's embarrassing listening to them ramble on.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm not really a Pratt fan. Too much shock jock shtick. He does know sports though. especially the behinds the scene stuff.

Media in general is sure ruthless. There had to be something else going on behind the scenes to delete Pratt like that. As if he never existed.

Ruthless? Pratt has been terrible for a decade.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany

Not sure if this is iMac finally stop being a puppet for once or this is Aqualini send a public warning to JB

Might be a bit of an pre-emptive strike from iMac - has has been somewhat critical of management lately (at least for his standards). He has seen how his Sportsnet comrade (and fellow shill) Spector has faired in the Chiarelli saga. Remember Spector deleted a lot of his tweets where he praised Chiarelli and then played it like he was criticizing him all along. Now if/when Benning is let go iMac has some tweets up to cover him.

RealityCheck22

Jul 13, 2018
Ruthless? Pratt has been terrible for a decade.

Ruthless as in you go to work in the morning, finish your shift, and then get the tap on the shoulder to pack your things. I feel bad for anyone, from any occupation, that has to deal with that.

He might not be great, but he is hella better than Taylor and Moj, and everyone at 650, as the ratings say.

I'm just curious about what metrics the suits used to bring out the ax. Like someone earlier said, maybe there was a conflict behind the scenes. That would be easy to believe with arrogant Pratt

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Ruthless as in you go to work in the morning, finish your shift, and then get the tap on the shoulder to pack your things. I feel bad for anyone, from any occupation, that has to deal with that.

He might not be great, but he is hella better than Taylor and Moj, and everyone at 650, as the ratings say.

I'm just curious about what metrics the suits used to bring out the ax. Like someone earlier said, maybe there was a conflict behind the scenes. That would be easy to believe with arrogant Pratt

Do you have a recent release of the ratings per show? Haven't seen one in awhile.

Pratt got bailed out for this long because of the brutal job 650 did in building a morning team so by comparison he was alright.

Lets be honest as well - the ratings for both stations aren't good.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
..and how Pratt lost his job and 'Donnie and the Moj' are still there? It's embarrassing listening to them ramble on.

Agreed, I used to like Don Taylor when he was on Sports Page, but now on his talk show they barely cover sports and there's no analysis at all. I wonder what their target demographic is that keeps the show going.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Don't mind the changes, but agree it's mind boggling that the Donnie and the Moj show sticks around. They must have some sort of fan base that likes dad jokes and stupid segments, or something.

Botch has a voice made for print, but I agree his opinions are typically pretty accurate. I just can't stand the shrieking and he's a total tool on the Patcast.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I wonder if Halford and Brough is happy having to wake up so much earlier.

Will 650 make any changes?

I was surprised to read that Pratt was dominating the ratings so I was even more surprised to see him let go.

Purely financial. Their top ratings getter was also their top paid employee making 500k per year.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

He deserves everything he got. Plagerized work for years and years. Littlerally copy and pasted someone else’s work as his own. Fired from the province. Fired from 1040, fired from 980, fired again from 1040...

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Don't mind the changes, but agree it's mind boggling that the Donnie and the Moj show sticks around. They must have some sort of fan base that likes dad jokes and stupid segments, or something.

It’s truly remarkable how a sports talk radio show could basically never make an insightful comment about sports, that’s not even mentioning the off topic nonsense.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
It’s truly remarkable how a sports talk radio show could basically never make an insightful comment about sports, that’s not even mentioning the off topic nonsense.
The achilles heel of sports content is that there's really barely anything definite or meaningful to talk about anyway. It's mostly speculation, and manufactured opinions salvaged from other manufactured opinions. Donnie and the Moj is basically performance art dedicated to elucidating this fact.

Reactions: skeena1 and Jyrki21

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The achilles heel of sports content is that there's really barely anything definite or meaningful to talk about anyway. It's mostly speculation, and manufactured opinions salvaged from other manufactured opinions. Donnie and the Moj is basically performance art dedicated to elucidating this fact.

Pretty much, especially since this is mainly a one sport town. The majority of people don't care about the CFL, Whitecaps, triple A baseball or whatever other local niche programming they've unsuccessfully tried to cram down our throats for years.

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
Contemporary Christian radio station KWPZ, out of Lynden, Washington, pulls in better ratings than TSN 1040 and Sportsnet 650 in the Vancouver market. Sports radio is all but dead.

Reactions: MikeK and m9

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Layoffs happen. Been there.

Pratt and these media personalities all have contracts. I recall he got a new deal in the summer or something with Bro Jake cutting back and only a weekend show. So he gets the remainder of the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad