Proposal: Vancouver - New Jersey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I didn't like the OP for either team, but calling Horvat a rental Severson a "maybe rental" is ridiculous. They are the same.

It's not though, the Devils would have zero interest in re-signing Horvat whereas if the Canucks are inexplicably trading for Severson, I would assume they'd at least try to sign him. Thus he may be a rental.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
It's not though, the Devils would have zero interest in re-signing Horvat whereas if the Canucks are inexplicably trading for Severson, I would assume they'd at least try to sign him. Thus he may be a rental.

I don't believe that, if they didn't they wouldn't trade for him.

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I don't believe that, if they didn't they wouldn't trade for him.
Fair enough, I personally can't see why they'd trade for him let alone try and sign him to a probably quite large contract to be a 3C.
Devils already have Nico and Hughes that would be playing ahead of him, Severson however plays a position Vancouver needs

In my opinion this offer was broken from the beginning as it doesn't make any sense for NJ at all, but I just can't stand the people here that go in to every trade proposal and make horrible counter offers to "prove a point" and then ghost the thread.

He is relying on his fellow Canuck fans to fight his battle while he sits it out.

NJDevilsFan21

Trade Everyone!!
Nov 10, 2006

Why not? With Horvat we have 3 scoring lines getting equally shifted. He would also significantly upgrade our PP2. That kind of center depth, arguably the most important position, wins cups. Severson is expendable with L. Hughes, Nemec, and maybe even Casey all coming up in next 1-3 years.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Why not? With Horvat we have 3 scoring lines getting equally shifted. He would also significantly upgrade our PP2. That kind of center depth, arguably the most important position, wins cups. Severson is expendable with L. Hughes, Nemec, and maybe even Casey all coming up in next 1-3 years.

He's likely to get a big pay raise, like upwards of 7+ a season, the Devils can't afford to drop that on a 3C for them. Great player, they just wouldn't be able to justify the contract.

Don't get it wrong though, I'd take the OP from the Devils perspective but I wouldn't expect him to sign.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Fair enough, I personally can't see why they'd trade for him let alone try and sign him to a probably quite large contract to be a 3C.
Devils already have Nico and Hughes that would be playing ahead of him, Severson however plays a position Vancouver needs

In my opinion this offer was broken from the beginning as it doesn't make any sense for NJ at all, but I just can't stand the people here that go in to every trade proposal and make horrible counter offers to "prove a point" and then ghost the thread.

He is relying on his fellow Canuck fans to fight his battle while he sits it out.
Totally agreed, can't see why the Devils would do this either.

Reactions: HugeInTheShire

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I didn't like the OP for either team, but calling Horvat a rental Severson a "maybe rental" is ridiculous. They are the same.
we can savely say, that severson would sign a team friendly contract to remain with vancouver.

who wouldn't do so to live in one of the most beautiful cities? especially when the player comes out of the swamp of new jersey. :sarcasm:

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
we can savely say, that severson would sign a team friendly contract to remain with vancouver.

who wouldn't do so to live in one of the most beautiful cities? especially when the player comes out of the swamp of new jersey. :sarcasm:

I guess he can afford it, but other than beauty this place is too expensive, full of hipster douche bags, and it rains too much LOL

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Friedman on Mareks show said Petey and Hughes - sacred cows for VanC( will not move ever ) and Demko is close to that .
Rightfully so .
But for the sake of discussion , what would it take from NJ to get Demko ?

Is there anything (short of these guys )that could ever work ?
Hughes brothers
Bratt
Nico
Mercer
Seigenthaler
Marino

I’m sure the Canucks would love Marino included but the guy has been way too valuable for us . At the beginning of the season I thought maybe if offered an amazingly big return , could trade Marino and keep Severson instead after all but … Marino has been amazing.

Last edited:

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Friedman on Mareks show said Petey and Hughes - sacred cows for VanC( will not move ever ) and Demko is close to that .
Rightfully so .
But for the sake of discussion , what would it take from NJ to get Demko ?

Is there anything (short of these guys )that could ever work ?
Hughes brothers
Bratt
Nico
Mercer
Seigenthaler
Marino

I’m sure the Canucks would love Marino included but the guy has been way too valuable for us . At the beginning of the season I thought maybe if offered an amazingly big return , could trade Marino and keep Severson instead after all but … Marino has been amazing.
How are TDs hips?

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
1667959119297.gif

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Is this before or after the Devils trade us Jack Hughes and Jon Marino for Luke Schenn, Tucker Poolman, and a 2027 4th round pick?
before and it's a 2037 4th round pick.

the rest looks fine, as we will have to move out salary in the summer 2036 to keep the dynasty going.

hail to the bottom feeders, who help us to stay cap complaient. :naughty:

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
excellent enough to play third most in the league last year posting elite advanced stats, and appear in every game hes supposed to this year, why?

excellent enough to play third most in the league last year posting elite advanced stats, and appear in every game hes supposed to this year, why?
Just checkin, we did the good goalie thing from you and then we broke that goalie

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Podkolzin isn’t exactly knocking the cover off the ball in Vancouver. 0 goals and -5 in 11 games. Just two points. He’s a draft year older than Holtz so he should be farther along. He’s not.

Bit of a change of scenery deal for two prospects that haven’t really clicked with the clubs that drafted them.

I’d rather have Holtz but he’s not crushing it for NJ either.

Agree you lose on the tradeoff with Horvat. You’d need Severson resigned to make this deal.

Your point about looking for another deal makes sense. This one isn’t great.

But I doubt NJ trades Holtz for Podkolzin straight up.

It’s not discussed much but Vancouver’s brass has got to be pretty disappointed with Hoglander and Podkolzin so far. They are both off to bad starts to this season.

Podkolzin has had a slow start to his sophomore season, but he's shown enough for management and fans to be very excited about him. The stats don't tell the whole story on this player, I think the intent would be to hang out to him even in any sort of re-build as the thought is he is on track to develop into a 1st line two-way player.

I just think it's better to leave him out of Vancouver proposals, as he likely won't garner the value from other teams that he holds here in Vancouver.

Reactions: Cogburn

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He's likely to get a big pay raise, like upwards of 7+ a season, the Devils can't afford to drop that on a 3C for them. Great player, they just wouldn't be able to justify the contract.

Don't get it wrong though, I'd take the OP from the Devils perspective but I wouldn't expect him to sign.
NJ is already paying over $7 mil to a 3C, why not just add another one?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Severson for Boeser right before Christmas break! Just a prediction...
Severson for Miller, and Severson for Garland too?

Just pulling your leg, it makes sense. Obviously we'd prefer someone like Marino who is a little more reliable in their own zone and is signed longer, but Severson's not a bad D.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Okay lets break this up

Would you trade
Horvat for Hischier?
Myers for Severson?
Podkolzin for Mercer?
Lekkerimaki for Holt?

Because I'd say no to all 4 as a Devil fan, and the top 3 aren't even in the same stratosphere
What ?? Are you suggesting that Horvat is not even in the same stratosphere as Hischier?

Cmon, really?

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad