Post-Game Talk: Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers | Jan 11 | 4:00PM PST | SNET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
The thing is, Elias is not playing awful, but he’s not being paid to not play awful, he’s being paid to play and be a difference maker on this team.

And if he cannot be a difference maker on this team, we have to at least consider the notion of Making a change.

It’s not just the season, it’s been awhile now, The worst part is, I have absolutely no clue how to fix his problems.

Is it strength, is it confidence, is it physical or mental, I really don’t have a clue.

Let me ask the Canucks faithful right now.
Very simply, would you be OK with an Elias Pettersson trade.

Legitimately curious what you guys type
100% I would trade Petey.

But I would want a 3 part package in return: high-end prospect C, high-end prospect D + 1st rounder.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
The thing is, Elias is not playing awful, but he’s not being paid to not play awful, he’s being paid to play and be a difference maker on this team.

And if he cannot be a difference maker on this team, we have to at least consider the notion of Making a change.

It’s not just the season, it’s been awhile now, The worst part is, I have absolutely no clue how to fix his problems.

Is it strength, is it confidence, is it physical or mental, I really don’t have a clue.

No because his value is its absolute lowest, and whatever team he would go to, he would probably start dominating.

December5th

Feb 5, 2021
victoria
this game solidifies my stance that we need to trade miller and horvat for prospects. yes they are our best players and on the best contracts, which is why we should take advantage of that situation to help us get over the edge later. we wont be winning anything as is and little room to add in free agency

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
No because his value is its absolute lowest, and whatever team he would he would probably start dominating.
I don’t think his value is as low as people think, yes he is struggling, but this is also an opportunity for other teams to actually acquire a player that is usually unobtainable.

I’m pretty certain we could get a top D prospect, A good player, and multiple High picks for Petey.

Maybe even dump a contract in it as well.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
No because his value is its absolute lowest, and whatever team he would go to, he would probably start dominating.

His value is getting lower with every game he plays and does nothing. Its no where near its lowest, there are still teams out there that think of him highly.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
We were due for one like this tbh. Hopefully they can play solid in the third and have a better one next game.

After having a string of games where we had a lot bounce our way, this isnt super surprising. Its not like we are instantly a trash team or that there isnt a world where we could win games against top teams. Let's have a solid third

Reactions: bbud and Nomobo

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
People's reactions on here make me think like they expected to win this game.
It's Florida, and they were bound to have a stinker.

One game in two weeks open on road in Florida and honestly made a few mistakes but play has been decent id be happier if closer now lets see if NHL plays management to to make it closer like they would otherwise.

Reactions: Nomobo

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019

It’s not just this season, it’s been awhile now, The worst part is, I have absolutely no clue how to fix his problems.

I would not be surprised if EP is dealt if we're out of contention for a playoff spot. JR has no attachments to this player and the return could solve a few problems for us down the road. The question is, of course, is there a chance that he could rediscover his game and where would this leave us in terms of top6 center depth.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
What do you think a GM offers for a guy playing like he is now probably not enough .

They wont value him based only on the present season. They will put a lot value into his 3 previous season thinking he will turn it around. This is what everyone calls Asset Managment, selling an asset for more then its actually worth.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I don’t think his value is as low as people think, yes he is struggling, but this is also an opportunity for other teams to actually acquire a player that is usually unobtainable.

I’m pretty certain we could get a top D prospect, A good player, and multiple High picks for Petey.

Maybe even dump a contract in it as well.

At this point other GM might want a cap dump to take EPs 7 million

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
They wont value him based only on the present season. They will put a lot value into his 3 previous season thinking he will turn it around. This is what everyone calls Asset Managment, selling an asset for more then its actually worth.

Any good GM is going to grind his best deal at least any good one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad