Proposal: VAN / TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Pettersson or Boeser are no where near Matthews tier. Like not even close.

Matthews is a top 3 player in the league and best goal scorer.

Pettersson is the most overrated player in the NHL. Literally! His numbers back that up, and so does his play.
I will say Matthews is better, definitely. But to say that they are no where close is not being honest. Pettersson had more points in playoffs than Matthews and Boeser has a sniper. They way you compare them, makes me think you are comparing an AHLer to Matthews. 2 Years ago fans here were saying Petey was better than Matthews then all of a sudden he is not even close to Matthews. Its HFboards again with memory of goldfish. If Petersson had 10 goals this season, would you say he is way better than Matthews?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

Pettersson is the most overrated player in the NHL. Literally! His numbers back that up, and so does his play.

He is 3rd ahead of Drasaitl. Easily.

You have no sense of self awareness here at all, do you?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
By your username, I gather you're a Matthews fan?

How is Pettersson (top line C, recent all-star, signed to value bridge contract), Boeser (top line RW, recent all-star, signed to value bridge contract) and Hoglander (top-6 caliber, versatile, two-way winger who was top-10 in Calder voting) "spare parts"? That's like me calling Marner and Matthews spare parts after last season's Leafs playoffs.
Its Leafs fans lol...they assume all their players are worth gold while other players in the league are worth crap. Funny thing is that they havent advanced to 2nd round since my elementary school days. I am now a married man with 2 kids and a good career.

Reactions: blankall

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I will say Matthews is better, definitely. But to say that they are no where close is not being honest. Pettersson had more points in playoffs than Matthews and Boeser has a sniper. They way you compare them, makes me think you are comparing an AHLer to Matthews. 2 Years ago fans here were saying Petey was better than Matthews then all of a sudden he is not even close to Matthews. Its HFboards again with memory of goldfish. If Petersson had 10 goals this season, would you say he is way better than Matthews?

I agree, this isn't apples and oranges.

Hell, Pettersson, with a slow start, has 4 times Matthews point total this season. No one in their right mind would claim Matthews is 1/4 the player Pettersson is.

Reactions: PettersonHughes

Mar 26, 2010
Its Leafs fans lol...they assume all their players are worth gold while other players in the league are worth crap. Funny thing is that they havent advanced to 2nd round since my elementary school days. I am now a married man with 2 kids and a good career.
Rocket Richard winner….I will leave you with that. Thats all.

Take the blindfold off. I am done in this thread. Won’t be responding to any more BS here.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Mark of a good trade proposal is when fans of both teams say no. Good job OP!
Leafs GM will say yes in a heart beat. You must be out of your mind to not trade Matthews for 3 very good players, all being young and one of them having the ability to become a superstar. The only trade that happened in NHL like this, was the trade that Avs made to get Forsberg Ricci and multiple other players for Lindros on way to win multiple cups.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

Take the blindfold off. I am done in this thread. Won’t be responding to any more BS here.
I dont care if he is a rocket richard winner, if he is leaving in 2 years. Also look at the players the leafs get. You wont get that type of package from any team especially if Leafs had to trade Matthews. Dont be dilusional because it will never happen. Benning would get fired on spot if he made that trade.

Reactions: E40 and Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

If Rocket Richard trophies count for anything, then Matthews gets bumped by Ovechkin, Stamkos and Crosby, and Pasternak and Perry on in the same tier. All are active, all have a Rocket to their name. One other thing these guys all have too is a cup. That would make Matthews...6th? Without counting MacKinnon or McDavid, who don't have a Richard or a Stanley Cup at present. You're the only one blindfolded here.

Reactions: PettersonHughes

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017

LOL.

Let me know when Matthews wins a Hart+Ross+Lindsay, scores 50 goals or 100 points.

Matthews has played on a good team too, so that argument doesn't hold water.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cogburn

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020

The only thing that Petey and Boeser aren't in Matthews' tier is contract cap hit. AM has a career points/ game of 1.0, Petey is already at 0.9 and if you look at the playoffs, Petey (1.1) is ahead of Matthews (0.8). Boeser might not have the point totals that Matthews has but his shot is legit.
Also, the most overrated crown could very well be AM or McD's if they can't advance very far into the playoffs :sarcasm:.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Matthews isn't remotely close to a top 3 player. Petterson is much closer to Matthews than Matthews is to being top 3. Hell, even saying Matthews is a top 3 centre is laughable.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Leafs fan weighing in. AM is obviously better than EP and Boeser.....but BOTH of them? I dunno

Matthews for EP+ seems more fair. The plus would be a good piece, but not as good as Boeser

Reactions: Three On Zero

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

upload_2021-10-28_9-35-14.gif

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Wow that's all you have, won an award once, LOL doesn't show up when it really matters but, yah, he won an award, once. HAHAHAHA

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

Pettersson won the Calder...and has 18 points in 17 playoff games, which is considerably better than Matthews. Boeser is no slouch either.

Matthews is the best player in the deal, but Vancouver has included 2 very good players and one high end young player. I get why Leafs fans state that they don't want to move Matthews. However, if Matthews is being moved, you will not get a deal this good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad