Proposal: VAN & NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
I know there is already a Pettersson thread but this is an expanded trade.

The Rangers are off to a good start. They haven’t fully been playing lights out but still find ways to win. The Rangers also look like they are built for Playoff hockey.

The Rangers want to be competitive and might look for established young young to help for a playoff run.

The Canucks have not been playing as one would hope. If they continue to struggle. Would they look to rebuild? Go in a different direction with certain players?

How about this trade:

Van trade:

Pettersson
Garland

NYR trade:

Strome
Kakko
Chytil
Kravtsov

Why NYR do it? Pettersson and Zibby have an opportunity to be a great 1-2 punch. They are signed long term so you don’t risking losing a Center. Garland is only 25 and proven. He can score goals and that is one thing the Rangers need, goal scorers.

Vancouver should look to sign Strome for leadership experience. All 3 Rangers prospects have high upside potential. They need playing time opportunity which is tough to get on the Rangers. They are probably 1-2 years away from breaking out.

This trade only makes sense if Rangers want more established guys and VAN wants a slight rebuild.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

The Rangers are off to a good start. They haven’t fully been playing lights out but still find ways to win. The Rangers also look like they are built for Playoff hockey.

The Rangers want to be competitive and might look for established young young to help for a playoff run.

The Canucks have not been playing as one would hope. If they continue to struggle. Would they look to rebuild? Go in a different direction with certain players?

How about this trade:

Van trade:

Pettersson
Garland

NYR trade:

Strome
Kakko
Chytil
Kravtsov

Why NYR do it? Pettersson and Zibby have an opportunity to be a great 1-2 punch. They are signed long term so you don’t risking losing a Center. Garland is only 25 and proven. He can score goals and that is one thing the Rangers need, goal scorers.

Vancouver should look to sign Strome for leadership experience. All 3 Rangers prospects have high upside potential. They need playing time opportunity which is tough to get on the Rangers. They are probably 1-2 years away from breaking out.

This trade only makes sense if Rangers want more established guys and VAN wants a slight rebuild.

No from the Canucks, and I'm guessing no from the Rangers too.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

How about this trade:

Van trade:

Pettersson
Garland

NYR trade:

Strome
Kakko
Chytil
Kravtsov

WHy are the Canucks sending Garland? That'S the kind of packages you'd need to trade for a guy of Eichel / EP's talent... ALONE, not paired with a guy like Garland. Strom holds zero value, similar to Buch (2nd + something small)

Kakko
Chytil
Kravtsov )another 2nd pick ala Filatov)
+ Strom (2nd pick)

Doesn't net you EP + Garland

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
This is just bad. We're not trading two fan favorites for prospect, especially not with Benning's job in the balance this season, for largely futures. Fox or Zibanejad (with something to offset the age difference) would be pieces we could explore, but Vancouver doesn't have roster space for these pieces, and are a worse team for giving up Pettersson and Garland. Yes I know what I'm asking for is super valuable to Rangers fans, but we're not downgrading Pettersson to Strome for a prospect not wanting to follow team assignments and a forward that hasn't crested 25 points in 5 years, and a highly touted prospect that has taken 118 games to get 40 points. Plus Green will bench Kakko, by merit of being a high draft pick and nothing more. And before we hear about Petey's slow start, he has a point more then the four return forwards do combined. Garland brings that total up the three times the number total, not even bringing style of play or utility into the argument.

Reactions: JTmillerForA1stLOL

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Id do it if instead of Garland it is Pearson going the other way and the Rangers add a pick:

To Rangers: Pettersson, Pearson

To Vancity: Strome, Kakko, Chytil, Kravtsov, 1st round pick

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
This is just bad. We're not trading two fan favorites for prospect, especially not with Benning's job in the balance this season, for largely futures. Fox or Zibanejad (with something to offset the age difference) would be pieces we could explore, but Vancouver doesn't have roster space for these pieces, and are a worse team for giving up Pettersson and Garland. Yes I know what I'm asking for is super valuable to Rangers fans, but we're not downgrading Pettersson to Strome for a prospect not wanting to follow team assignments and a forward that hasn't crested 25 points in 5 years, and a highly touted prospect that has taken 118 games to get 40 points. Plus Green will bench Kakko, by merit of being a high draft pick and nothing more. And before we hear about Petey's slow start, he has a point more then the four return forwards do combined. Garland brings that total up the three times the number total, not even bringing style of play or utility into the argument.

This man said a package starting with Fox.

Lmao he ain't going anywhere. He's gonna build I nice big trophy rack and vault for all the moneybags he is getting.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Swap Kakoo for Lafreniere then?

I mean we win valuewise, but let's be real here: Benning is canned if we don't make the playoffs. Strome is a downgrade for Pettersson, and will require a new contract, Chytil and Lafrieniere/Kakko aren't likely to simply flip a switch and hit their potential as scorers this season, Kravtsov is proving to difficult when it comes to finding a role with the team he'd accept (think of how that would fly with Green as coach for at least the near future) and the first is nice for value, but once again does nothing for us short term, which is where nearly all of our focus over the last few seasons has been.

Valuewise, well why are the Rangers considering this? We're taking all kinds of good futures from them, even though they do nothing for us now. Your, and the OPs, proposed trade could end up being an absolute coup for the Canucks 3 years from now, or it could not work out at all, given our, um, stellar track record bringing in prospects and young players to be developed in the NHL. If any of these guys came pre-assembled, great, but Boeser, Horvat, Pettersson, Hughes, even Rathbone, most of these guys have been able to come in and take a spot, unquestionably, based on their strengths right away. Anyone else, has well...not. Once again, Green...

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
This man said a package starting with Fox.

Lmao he ain't going anywhere. He's gonna build I nice big trophy rack and vault for all the moneybags he is getting.

I actually I said the + would be with Zibby to offset the age. A year's difference isn't enough to worry about. But yes, Fox. Maybe Fox+C for Pettersson+D to offset the teams positionally, but how you value Fox is how we value Pettersson.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
As a Rangers fan I would take this package and run. I have faith in the success of Chytil and Kakko as players, but Strome is a pending UFA and Kravtsov’s value is kind of up in the air. The value is very good overall, but not for a package like Pettersson and Garland. No way Vancouver would entertain this.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
3way deal...

Vancouver out: Pettersson (50% retained), Myers
Vancouver in: Strome, Kravtsov, Chytil, Lundkvist, Schneider, 2022 1st

New York out: Strome, Kravtsov, Chytil, Lundkvist, Schneider, 2022 1st
New York in: Pettersson (50% retained), White, J. Brown, T.B,'s 2022 2nd

Ottawa out: White, J. Brown, T.B,'s 2022 2nd
Ottawa in: Myers

Vancouver get a nice haul of young assets, a 2022 1st, a veteran top 6 C/RW in Strome who's on an expiring contract, plus they dump the remaining 3 years of Myers' contract. Strome can be flipped at the deadline with 50% retention for an additional pick/prospect

New York add an elite 2C for under 4 million, a 3rd line C/RW in White who should be back for the playoffs when his salary won't count against their cap, Brown gives them a bottom pairing RD on an expiring contract, plus they add a late 2002 2nd

Ottawa shore up their D on the right side

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Canucks pass and Garland is untouchable for me not EP. I'm not suggesting trading EP either I might add. Those are some nice players for Rangers as well but they are not what Canucks need which is defense.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

Hahahahahahaha.

I wouldn’t trade Fox, a Norris winner, straight up for Pettersson.

There would have to be a significant add to make that work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad