Proposal: VAN & NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Hahahahahahaha.

I wouldn’t trade Fox, a Norris winner, straight up for Pettersson.

There would have to be a significant add to make that work.

Great, then stop trying to trade 4 pennies for a dime. Stop trying to justify 4 of the same 6 prospects that Rangers fans include in every proposal as though they have some intrinsic value for playing in New York for one of our, or any other teams, star players.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Strome is a pending UFA and honestly what’s Kravtsov returning pick wise? A 2nd rounder? Kakko still has high value but passing on Pettersson and Garland for that package in the OP is asinine.

Reactions: Cogburn

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Strome is a pending UFA and honestly what’s Kravtsov returning pick wise? A 2nd rounder? Kakko still has high value but passing on Pettersson and Garland for that package in the OP is asinine.

no ? Pettersson and Garland are attractive pieces,
but
NY better served keeping cheap depth, not adding structural cap and we MUST not give Krav away and instead find a roster spot on Rangers, play, up his value, take it from there.

IF IF IF IF
I could be certain I could flip Trouba after this season 2 yrs early before his full nmc expires,
THEN
I would do
Krav + Jones + Strome + Geo + Hajek + two 1sts for EP
knowing I could use Trouba's 8per going forward.
Even then, big contracts = structural cap, roster flexibility is tied up, and if someone gets injured you lack flexibility to make roster moves.

But I'd do that at that price,
howev
Trouba going after this season is iffy, very iffy.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Great, then stop trying to trade 4 pennies for a dime. Stop trying to justify 4 of the same 6 prospects that Rangers fans include in every proposal as though they have some intrinsic value for playing in New York for one of our, or any other teams, star players.

If you can point out where I made proposals or “tried to justify” anything, go right ahead and do so.

I’ll wait.

Until then, come back to reality. Pettersson wouldn’t get you Fox.

Reactions: bernmeister

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
"Vancouver should look to sign Strome for leadership experience"

Grade A level trolling

Guy has been an assistant captain for all of 5 games, I'm sure he is a wealth of knowledge in that department.

Reactions: Breakers

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
WHy are the Canucks sending Garland? That'S the kind of packages you'd need to trade for a guy of Eichel / EP's talent... ALONE, not paired with a guy like Garland. Strom holds zero value, similar to Buch (2nd + something small)

Kakko
Chytil
Kravtsov )another 2nd pick ala Filatov)
+ Strom (2nd pick)

Doesn't net you EP + Garland
I love how in the same sentence you can say that someone is worth zero value and then peg their value at a 2nd round pick +

Reactions: bernmeister

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I know there is already a Pettersson thread but this is an expanded trade.

The Rangers are off to a good start. They haven’t fully been playing lights out but still find ways to win. The Rangers also look like they are built for Playoff hockey.

The Rangers want to be competitive and might look for established young young to help for a playoff run.

The Canucks have not been playing as one would hope. If they continue to struggle. Would they look to rebuild? Go in a different direction with certain players?

How about this trade:

Van trade:

Pettersson
Garland

NYR trade:

Strome
Kakko
Chytil
Kravtsov

Why NYR do it? Pettersson and Zibby have an opportunity to be a great 1-2 punch. They are signed long term so you don’t risking losing a Center. Garland is only 25 and proven. He can score goals and that is one thing the Rangers need, goal scorers.

Vancouver should look to sign Strome for leadership experience. All 3 Rangers prospects have high upside potential. They need playing time opportunity which is tough to get on the Rangers. They are probably 1-2 years away from breaking out.

This trade only makes sense if Rangers want more established guys and VAN wants a slight rebuild.
What a joke of a proposal. Who would be our #1 center?????

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
NYR fans trying to get rid of the same garbage every proposal and claiming its worth everyones top player lmao :help:

Reactions: Cogburn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad