Proposal: Van LA Blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
How is Doughty either a long term solution or upgrade over Hughes? Honestly Drew's probably past his peak whereas Quinn's what, 21? Adding Horvat to that is a joke, unless we get a blue chipper C like Byfield/ Turcotte/ Vilardi coming back. Vancouver's not going to go all-in for a 30+ player with lots of mileage and a heavy cap hit.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Hughes and Horvat is the type of package that keeps GMs on the phone for a long time, not that those two would necessarily return McDavid, but at least Benning would be trying to get the ball rolling with an earnest offer there if he did call Holland with that idea, you know what I mean? Those two would garner A LOT of interest league-wide if Benning was looking to solve some roster issues. All 30 other teams would offer something better than Doughty at his age & price.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Hughes and Horvat to LA
Doughty to Vancouver

Gets Vancouver a long term upgrade on Hughes.
LA gets younger and sheds salary.

upload_2021-9-27_20-25-49.gif

TheHelmet

Feb 10, 2021
Pat Laftonaines Trophy Room
The value is not bad like the poster above me said
it's absolutely atrocious for Vancouver

as for OP's bullet points
- LA doesnt shed salary, they gain salary
- Vancouver is worse off long term term as doughty isnt impactful anymore has a ton of games under his belt, well over 1000, and costs about 14% of the cap

D4ngleSZN

Sep 26, 2021
Hughes and Horvat is the type of package that keeps GMs on the phone for a long time, not that those two would necessarily return McDavid, but at least Benning would be trying to get the ball rolling with an earnest offer there if he did call Holland with that idea, you know what I mean? Those two would garner A LOT of interest league-wide if Benning was looking to solve some roster issues. All 30 other teams would offer something better than Doughty at his age & price.
Lmfao that's even worse than the original proposal.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020

Horvat only has 2 years left until UFA, so I disagree it would be an earnest offer for McDavid...

Offering Hughes + Pettersson would be an honest attempt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad