Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] G Arturs Silovs re-signs with the Canucks (2 years, $850k AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Not everything is an angle. Silovs played extremely well for the Canucks in that series.

Hypotheticals are fun - but they work in both directions. For example, if Drai, McDavid, and Kane were healthy, the Oilers likely win in 4.
Canucks were also hurt

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
He had an 877sv% and couldn't stop a shot on the pk but I see the angle you're working lol.

I think he's gonna be a good one but anyone claiming he kept us in the series is living in a fantasy or coping with the fact that Demko likely wins that series rather easily.

Game 6 vs Edmonton probably skews his stats a bit. Plus like mentioned he was basically an AHL goalie so yes he will be scored on more than an NHL regular.

He was fantastic in Game 7 vs Edmonton and made many huge stops. Ditto Games 3 and 5. He was overall solid in all of his games, not to mention having a series clinching shutout.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Great deal for the Canucks, he was great in the playoffs and at this price if he doesn't have good year this year or next, its not a big deal and he has a great chance to outperform this contract.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Ian Clark (who for those who don't know is our Director of Goaltending and hands down has produced the best results as a goalie coach in the league) has been hyping Silovs since before even most Canuck fans, not to mention outside of market fans, had ever seen him play. Given his track record, that was something to get excited about! Then, when he was named IIHF World Championship MVP, that really turned some heads. What he did this post season in the NHL, that drew even more attention.

I guess what I'm saying is this guy doesn't seem to be an "out of nowhere" prospect who had a hot run, the above seems to suggest he's a legit player.

I thought he was going to get a 1 year 1mil deal, but getting 2 years at under 1mil? That's awesome..

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
no way, benning would have signed a washed up vet he doesn’t need to $3-6m AAV (miller, holtby, halak) and then lost silovs trying to pass him through waivers
Yep that was Benning's M.O. with young goalies. Even with probably the best goalie coach in the league he'd never fully trust anyone under 27 or so, and ended up needlessly overpaying for Miller, Holtby, and Halak.

For Silvos the low contract value is understandable when you look at the Canucks tight salary cap, like they can't afford to both pay him $1M and ice a 23 man roster. Good contract for Silvos as well to bet on himself as he can continue to work in an ideal environment with the Canucks and force a Markstrom/Demko like choice in 2 years. If he does well then he can either be good enough to let the Canucks move on from Demko or be too expensive to keep both and force a trade to be starter elsewhere.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Not everything is an angle. Silovs played extremely well for the Canucks in that series.

Hypotheticals are fun - but they work in both directions. For example, if Drai, McDavid, and Kane were healthy, the Oilers likely win in 4.
We still doing this?

Other Canuck fan as well. Even with Demko no one was winning that series easily.

Reactions: Loghander

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I am curious to see what numbers he puts up next season. He could put up star numbers and within 2 years the Canucks trade him while his value will never be higher.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
I am curious to see what numbers he puts up next season. He could put up star numbers and within 2 years the Canucks trade him while his value will never be higher.
I mean, if he put up star numbers, I don't think he'd be the one on the block lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad