Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] D Filip Hronek signs extension with the Canucks (8 years, $7.25M AAV)

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Hefty deal but I think he'd be tougher to replace than most think. He didn't leave money on the table, so I applaud him for getting his bag.
Weren’t guys like Seravelli saying the coming Hronek deal would have an AAV starting with an 8? Hronek would have been a UFA come July 2025. He would be a 27 year old right shot top pairing D. Considering the rising cap he very likely gets over 8 per then.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
If that were true, he wouldn't have been trade for just a couple second rounders.

Yeah because post cap era Lou has been a great GM right? What kind of shit argument is this? Isles had no room for his next deal, gambled he wouldn't be as good as in the Isles system and subsequently lost on Toews trade when Nick Leddy was shipped out a year later. Good players get traded like that all the time for less than what they should.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Yeah because post cap era Lou has been a great GM right? What kind of shit argument is this? Isles had no room for his next deal, gambled he wouldn't be as good as in the Isles system and subsequently lost on Toews trade when Nick Leddy was shipped out a year later. Good players get traded like that all the time for less than what they should.
Nobody offered more than 2 2nds for a top 10 dman?

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
wow!! don't mind Rielly at 7.5 mil at all.

Hronek:
Corsi%: 53.7%
CorsiRel: 4.5
Fenwick%: 51.3%
FenRel: 1.0

Reilly:
Corsi%: 51.5%
CorsiRel: 0.7
Fenwick%: 51.3%
FenRel: 0.1

Points aside, looks like Hronek had a year that was equivalent to Reilly, at minimum.

Apparently Oiler fans can't have an opinion on contracts around the league, since there is some on their team..

Man, you guys are fragile :laugh:

Not that they can't have an opinion on contracts, but maybe their opinion isn't great because many spent a few years defending the Nurse contract.

Reactions: Wry n Ginger

pomx

May 15, 2014
That's about $1 million too much, but I guess it's better to have Hronek at $7.25 million over not having him at all.

I thought the fair deal with him was the same deal Weegar got in October 2022. Not terrible considering it's only $1 million a year more, but it's still a bit too much.
You’re dreaming if you think a number 2 RD is going to sign for 6M.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
He's probably overpaid but I think it is a decent signing. Happy for Hronek. I liked him with Hughes.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Premium price for a premium position. Solid youngish top 4 RHD are always in demand.

Is Hronek a premium player though? Not in my view. Very much doubt this ever looks like a steal.

Reactions: Waterbuf

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
All I see here is if you ignore the part where he played bad he was good
Sorry to hear about your lack of critical thinking.

He was injured and his play dipped. That's not us trying to use a horoscope to justify his play. It's literally cause and effect.

More proof Yzerman is the best GM in the league. He saw this disaster of a contract coming before anyone else did.
Oh look, the guy who shows his whole ass with bitter takes every time the Canucks come up. What did the whale do to you my man?

I'm thrilled with this deal and I say that as someone who, you know, actually watched the player play almost 100 times this season.

The one thing I will grant is that, with Seider, it didn't make sense for Detroit to pay a premium for two RDs, so it made sense for them to trade him in that sense. But acting like this is a terrible deal will just make you look like a fool down the road.

Last edited by a moderator:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Premium price for a premium position. Solid youngish top 4 RHD are always in demand.

Is Hronek a premium player though? Not in my view. Very much doubt this ever looks like a steal.
Not every deal will be either a steal or an overpay. It's right in the ballpark most figured with Hanifin signing as a comp. Both born in the same year, with Hanifin in Jan and Hronek with a late bday that pushed his draft back to 2016.

Toews contract begins in 24/25 for $7.75 mill and he's 30. So, he's better now, but his deal takes him to age 37, where the other 2 finish at age 35.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
8 years makes the deal better value cause the Cap will be close to 100M sometime after the CBA negotiation

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
fair contract given his recent performance but the contract makes me a little uncomfortable since it was a standout year for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad