Confirmed with Link: VAN/COL Poolman (20% retained) + 2025 4th for Erik Brannstrom(Waived)

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Wolanin Brannstrom Hirose Pettersson Kudryavtsev Brisebois?? pretty crowded down in Abby with left shot defenders

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Given the Canucks schedule, the Canucks can actually start with over 2m in capspace. First day of the regular season is on Tuesday. Canucks can leave Demko as active and start Silovs & Raty in the AHL. On Wednesday, place Demko on IR and recall Silovs and Raty. Send down Raty the next day. Recall him for Friday. Then send him down for the three day break before the road trip. Won't be able to play this game during the 8 day road trip but have a 10 day home stand immediately afterward where they can accrue extra space on 7 of those days. Follow that up with a 7 day road trip then a 15 day homestand with 9 off-days.

If the roster can remain healthy for this time they'll actually do pretty well on capspace accrual.
great post

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I thought Brannstrom was a way better fit on the bottom pair than Forbort lol.

Waive Juulsen.
excatly. i mentioned this during the summer. puck mover would be good fit for vancouver for free instead they signed forbort and colorado signed him near the end of july i think.

And he’s on waivers -

friedman needs to stop using "vcr" just say VAN. its annoying.

Last edited:

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
This move really helps open up space at the deadline for that top 4 dman everyone has been talking about. Very tidy piece of work, even if they don't end up making that acquisition you pay a 4th round pick to keep that option open every time when you're in a position to contend.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
My first fear is what do we give up at the deadline then?

It's not like our system is that great and while we had a promising season last year, it was unexpected and sometimes these things balance out a bit.

Sure if EP40 is playing like he can, I can why we would go all in on a deep run but for me this trade is just breathing room, if we need it, not a precursor.

Although after writing this it's not how this regime seems to think so sure maybe they are 100% in on another big deal next deadline.
expect a 2025 first to be included.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
This pretty much confirms 100% we’re making a significant deal at the deadline, so the real question is who might be available, let’s put our trading hats on and try to figure this out shall we!
alvin likes to make his "deadline deals early." i wouldnt be surprised if its in november or jan 2025:naughty::nod::cool:

Reactions: Canucks LB

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Just shows how bad JB’s moves were. The number of assets the team has used to get off Dickinson, Poolman, and such.
At some point the Canucks need to find some young guys who can add something to the middle of their lineup.

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
It's roughly 6m in cap at the TDL right? Could target someone like Shea Theodore (contract year, 5.2m cap hit, BC boy, can play both sides) if Vegas falls out of the playoff race.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Don't forget about OEL buyout penalty for the next few years!

stewie-gun.gif

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Big question mark on the health of Brisebois, and Kudryavtsev is apparently quite comfortable on the right side if necessary.
Oh for sure just hope that it doesn't cost EP2 and KK opportunity and it probably wont but also a little interested what they do with a couple of these guys

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Good move, lose next to nothing to have the capspace at the deadline. We get more upside from this than Colorado does but it makes sense for both teams

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
If they don't put Demko on IR they can do it.

There are two issues with this. The first is they’d still need to waive one of Aman, Friedman, or Juulsen. The second is that I seriously doubt they’ll only have one regular goalie and one emergency goalie at home practices.

Vector.... How the f*** you know all this....

My brain is broken in a very specific way that makes this stuff stick.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It’s so nice having a management that understands planning ahead.

“Patrik, plan ahead for the deadline, please.”

“Got it.”

(Proceeds to make roster moves to accrue cap space)

“Jim, plan ahead for the deadline pl—whyyyy do you have a Mr. Potato Head?”

“Well, y’know, I’ve got to plan what the head is going to look like. When’s this due again?”

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Got to hand it to Jimmy Rutherford. When he first hired Allvin as our GM, I know I was underwhelmed at the time, only because I didn't know much about him.

We seem to be blessed with more than competent management right now and it still feels a bit weird in a good way.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
There are two issues with this. The first is they’d still need to waive one of Aman, Friedman, or Juulsen. The second is that I seriously doubt they’ll only have one regular goalie and one emergency goalie at home practices.
Or they can just send down Bains and/or Raty. Given the prerogative to accrue space I’d be surprised if there isn’t at least one, potentially two, more cuts.

If they were just starting in LTIR anyway, it wouldn’t matter, but that’s changed.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Or they can just send down Bains and/or Raty. Given the prerogative to accrue space I’d be surprised if there isn’t at least one, potentially two, more cuts.

I detailed this in an earlier post but someone else has to get sent down or waived anyway. They’re projected to be at 24/23. Bains is the most obvious candidate given he had a higher cap hit and doesn’t need waivers.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I detailed this in an earlier post but someone else has to get sent down or waived anyway. They’re projected to be at 24/23. Bains is the most obvious candidate given he had a higher cap hit and doesn’t need waivers.

Yes we’d outlined this earlier. I’d also be surprised if one of Juulsen/Friedman doesn’t end up on waivers since it looks like nobody is getting claimed.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Theyll waive Bains, IR Joshua then recall Bains. Thus keeping 3 goalies, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad