Confirmed with Link: VAN/COL Poolman (20% retained) + 2025 4th for Erik Brannstrom(Waived)

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Hope Brannstrom doesn't take any playing time away from DPetey or Kuds.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
What is the total net cap we end up saving from this? Net of retention and Brannstrom send down?

And what does this allow us to accrue and acquire at the deadline?
We eat 500k of Poolmans 2.5 so 2m savings. Brannstrom is 900k so 1.1 if he stayed on the roster but the full 2m with him waived. He doesnt make enough for retention to apply

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
We eat 500k of Poolmans 2.5 so 2m savings. Brannstrom is 900k so 1.1 if he stayed on the roster but the full 2m with him waived. He doesnt make enough for retention to apply
We should be 1.5M under the cap right now. Probably 2ish if we send another guy down?

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Brannstrom sucks. I don’t expect him to be anything meaningful.
He was *fine* last year on a bad Ottawa team (bad goaltending causing more goals against).

He had 20 points with no PP time which would be 4th in dman points on this team and was positive in +/- on a -26 goal differential for the Sens. It's a fine flyer to take and adds depth to an important position.

Reactions: Lindgren

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
No Myers is still here
PA extended Myers so if Myers goes bad, that’s on PA.

He was *fine* last year on a bad Ottawa team (bad goaltending causing more goals against).

He had 20 points with no PP time which would be 4th in dman points on this team and was positive in +/- on a -26 goal differential for the Sens. It's a fine flyer to take and adds depth to an important position.
If we can get him down to the A, maybe we can fix him and use him as a call up.

Reactions: B-rock

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
so the price to dump poolman was ultimately podkholzin but, as always with this group, they get some kind of lottery ticket back in the form of brannstrom as the stillman. i would have been pretty upset if they had done this as a trade early and in a direct swap, but i can live with it after slow immersion (and watching podz be a non-factor in the oilers preseason, although maybe figuring out how to pk is his ticket to being a regular).

hopefully brannstrom can be the baby hughes in abby, which means that both teams can play virtually the same system. he's also got some motivation to be ready as a big minute callup if hughes gets hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad