Confirmed with Link: VAN/COL Poolman (20% retained) + 2025 4th for Erik Brannstrom(Waived)

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
This is probably more about getting out of Poolman’s LTIR and getting a contract they can probably bury in the AHL if they have to—and less about getting Brannstrom back.

Some upside could be left in Brannstrom—but he’s now onto his 4th team.

Reactions: B-rock

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Based on calculations prior to camp, with cap accrual this means we can acquire a player with approximately a 6M aav at the deadline right?

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
I’m shocked we didn’t spend more to get rid of Poolman.

I don’t care about Brannstrom and I hope he gets claimed so we clear another contract spot. Guy sucks.

full credit to Satiar Shah. He was on point with the Waived oneway contract player for about 1million that another team doesn't want to pay while perhaps using Poolman's LTIR or just getting out of paying as much for a player not to play.

Was hopeful it'd be a little less but we haven't had a 4th round pick actually hit since i was born nearly 40 years ago soooo.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Brannstrom has apparently been atrocious during training camp.

His contract is definitely buriable, but I wonder if the Canucks plan to try and work with him / demote one of Juulsen or Friedman, or just immediately waive him to Abbotsford.

Nice to save some cap - Swedish Chef strikes again.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
His contract is definitely buriable, but I wonder if the Canucks plan to try and work with him / demote one of Juulsen or Friedman, or just immediately waive him to Abbotsford.

I wonder if they loan him to a different AHL team.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta

i am a bit of a seer. My hindsight says that they will just immediately waive him to abbotsford.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
What is the total net cap we end up saving from this? Net of retention and Brannstrom send down?

And what does this allow us to accrue and acquire at the deadline?

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Apparently works out to Colorado eating $1.5 million in cash for a fourth round pick. Feels about right value-wise.
Yeah, Colorado is already going to be in LTIR for at least a good chunk of the season anyway due to Landeskog. Easier to deal Poolman to a team in that situation.

Reactions: bh53

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Team needs more puck movers on the defence, a smart trade to get one before the wavier wire while getting rid of their LTIR problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad