Proposal: Van/Buf

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Off ice issues sure. But nobody knows if there's any kind of locker room issue in Buffalo. No Buffalo player has said they have any problem with Kane. Unless people hang out in Buffalos locker room nd hang out with the players, the whole "he's a locker room cancer" should be dropped

I don't know about this. I think any player that puts himself (with off ice antics like Kane) before the team is a locker room cancer. He sets a bad example for the younger players and at this point in his career, he should know better. I'm not saying he doesn't have value, he absolutely does and far more than Sbisa, having said that I don't want him any where near my team.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
There's been no indication of Kane being a problem in the Sabres locker room. The only talk has been from posters extrapolating that missing a practice, while certainly dumb and irresponsible, is also a personal affront to teammates. I'm sure players don't like it, but it's a stretch and taking a large amount of gray to say that Sabres players have been personally offended by that and look at Kane as a "cancer". I don't at all doubt the potential for Kane to become that way in Buffalo, but so far that's a non-issue.

All these trade ideas boil down to a) the "nobody wants him" camp and b) the "he's effective on the ice" camp. IMO opinion, on-ice he's most effective as a checking winger and less-so as a top-six fill-in on a scoring line. His on-ice value equates to a 2nd pair D-man, a 2nd rd pick, or a solid B prospect.

Getting that value comes down to how concerned a GM is about the off-ice stuff. In actuality, Kane's off-ice stuff hasn't solidified into anything legally damaging (with this recent case looking weak so far). This isn't to get into a moral debate (I would be heavily against Kane in that regard), but simply to look at the POV of a GM that would be shopping for a LW in the first place. If the bottom line is that Kane doesn't have legal baggage, and only the bad experience in Wpg and a missed practice in Buf, I can see at least a few GMs not being deterred from acquiring him at fair value if he fits their needs.

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
No interest in this guy. He's severely damaged goods, and bringing him home to Vancouver would likely make all the problems even worse. You can have Sbisa for a 5th rounder, though.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
There's been no indication of Kane being a problem in the locker room. The only talk has been from posters extrapolating that missing a practice, while certainly dumb and irresponsible, is also a personal affront to teammates. I'm sure players don't like it, but it's a stretch and taking a large amount of gray to say that players have been personally offended by that and look at Kane as a "cancer". I don't at all doubt the potential for Kane to become that way in Buffalo, but so far that's a non-issue.

All these trade ideas boil down to a) the "nobody wants him" camp and b) the "he's effective on the ice" camp. IMO opinion, on-ice he's most effective as a checking winger and less-so as a top-six fill-in on a scoring line. His on-ice value equates to a 2nd pair D-man, a 2nd rd pick, or a solid B prospect.

Getting that value comes down to how concerned a GM is about the off-ice stuff. In actuality, Kane's off-ice stuff hasn't solidified into anything legally damaging (with this recent case looking weak so far). This isn't to get into a moral debate (I would be heavily against Kane in that regard), but simply to look at the POV of a GM that would be shopping for a LW in the first place. If the bottom line is that Kane doesn't have legal baggage, and only the bad experience in Wpg and a missed practice in Buf, I can see at least a few GMs not being deterred from acquiring him at fair value if he fits their needs.

Byfuglien and Ladd dont like Kane at all. There were some problems with Kane in Winnipeg. Thats why he was traded.

Eram

Jul 21, 2013
San Francisco, CA
I don't know about this. I think any player that puts himself (with off ice antics like Kane) before the team is a locker room cancer. He sets a bad example for the younger players and at this point in his career, he should know better. I'm not saying he doesn't have value, he absolutely does and far more than Sbisa, having said that I don't want him any where near my team.

Oh please. Some random wrote the same garbage on one of Kane's IG posts and his teammates actually responded back at him. It's not like Kane is beating up cab drivers, he just puts himself in dumb situations where it's just as likely some other drunk person will antagonize for a news story. Can he be better, sure. But to say he's a cancer with the large amount of community work and hospital vists he does is stilly. Who knows why things didn't work out in ATL/WPG, but them all being together for years on a losing franchise probably didn't help. If anything they probably get annoyed from the non stop media questions about it.

khW17Cf.png

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Oh please. Some random wrote the same garbage on one of Kane's IG posts and his teammates actually responded back at him. It's not like Kane is beating up cab drivers, he just puts himself in dumb situations where it's just as likely some other person will antagonize for a news story. If anything they probably get annoyed from the non stop media questions about it.

khW17Cf.png

Touche, still don't want him near my team.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I'm sure other posters can assist to come up with a lengthy list of players with better and worse on-ice value that have been involved in off-ice drama that could be twisted into "locker room cancer" the same way it's being used here with Kane IN BUFFALO.

Pat Kane
Ryan O'Reilly
Tyler Seguin
Jeff Carter
Mike Richards
Jarrett Stoll
Sean Avery

Others can add if they want, but you get the point. These guys did dumb things and tarnished their image, and still got jobs in the NHL. I can hate some of these guys all I want but I can't ignore the fact that they will get paid because some GMs are willing to ignore stuff.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I'm sure other posters can assist to come up with a lengthy list of players with better and worse on-ice value that have been involved in off-ice drama that could be twisted into "locker room cancer" the same way it's being used here with Kane IN BUFFALO.

Pat Kane
Ryan O'Reilly
Tyler Seguin
Jeff Carter
Mike Richards
Jarrett Stoll
Sean Avery

Others can add if they want, but you get the point. These guys did dumb things and tarnished their image, and still got jobs in the NHL. I can hate some of these guys all I want but I can't ignore the fact that they will get paid because some GMs are willing to ignore stuff.

I totally agree, but that does not mean his value has not decreased because of his off ice stuff. I think the NFL is the worst when it comes to taking on players with bad reps.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Off ice issues sure. But nobody knows if there's any kind of locker room issue in Buffalo. No Buffalo player has said they have any problem with Kane. Unless people hang out in Buffalos locker room nd hang out with the players, the whole "he's a locker room cancer" should be dropped

Wasn't he one for the jets?

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
I want Evander Kane on the Sabres. Why? Cos I think he's a good hockey player.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
A lot of smoke here Sabres fans that goes beyond the locker room. Now 3 investigations for assaulting women.

Lets see what the recent events reveal. Vancouver boy, would love to see him do well, but there have clearly been maturity issues, if not worse, since he hit the NHL.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
A lot of smoke here Sabres fans that goes beyond the locker room. Now 3 investigations for assaulting women.

Lets see what the recent events reveal. Vancouver boy, would love to see him do well, but there have clearly been maturity issues, if not worse, since he hit the NHL.

Sometimes smoke is...

just burnt toast.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011

Someone should teach the guy how to properly, respectfully treat and seduce women. Like a real honest man.
He'd have more sex than he'd want to have and concentrating on hockey would feel like a pastime. My two cents.

GoPuckYourself

Jun 29, 2016
I think Evander Kane is on the verge of becoming great with the Sabres, The other Kane in Chicago had some troubles also and he isn't going anywhere, I doubt Evander will be unloaded for nothing considering the price Tim Murray paid for him, I can't see him just giving the player away from some bottom feeder. It would make more sense for Buffalo to hold onto him at least until the trade deadline and hope he stays out of trouble until then if they want to unload him.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Sbisa is a sixth defensemen, there is no way that Buffalo trades Kane at this value level. Keep your defensemen who is not worth trading for. Kane won't be jettisoned for this return. Keep your meh defensemen and we'll keep our headache.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

3? Huh.

TIL: Pat Kane and Evander Kane are actually the same person, apparently.

niel094

Jan 13, 2011
I'm just loving how every Canucks proposal is so one sided to themselves :sarcasm: with players of that value you'd think they'd be a playoff team

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny

He had two (rumor had it with the same women). His other episode was that he missed practice after the NBA All Star game in Toronto.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Stoner - a player Ducks actively seek to trade - is better than Sbisa. I think you have a case of denial.
Sbisa has the size to be in NHL, nothing else.
Also "on this site?" So are you from reddit or cdc? :laugh:

Sbisa is sub-200. size isn't an asset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad