Value of: Valve of Jordan Kyrou St Louis Blue

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

St Louis515

Nov 18, 2018
Coach Berube and Kyrou have not got along all season. As good as a scorer Kyrou is he does not play a two way game. Berube and Kyrou got into it again after the 2nd period in Nashville today. One of the two will not be back next year.
Any offers for Kyrou ?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Going to guess if that one or the other choice happens it won't be Kyrou that loses. That is several high level assets for a player of his caliber with a known lengthy value contract.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Coach Berube and Kyrou have not got along all season. As good as a scorer Kyrou is he does not play a two way game. Berube and Kyrou got into it again after the 2nd period in Nashville today. One of the two will not be back next year.
Any offers for Kyrou ?
Berube went and immediately squashed anything. "That's just part of the game, that's between us" Coaches and players get into it quite often when things doesn go well. How many times did Hitch and Tarasenko bark at each other?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
This is part of teaching that we aren’t used to. It’s going to continue to happen, not a big deal.

Neither will be gone next year. Berube will probably go before Kyrou would. Kid has every offensive tool to be a weapon for a long time. He just has to learn to not make certain mistakes and simplify a bit. This is Berube getting the message through to him. If they are to coexist they need to be able to air these things out together and work through them.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Maybe for like, a signed Nylander if Toronto doesn't want to pay up and Kyrou asks for a trade? Idk I don't think Kyrou is moving anywhere.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Any offers for Kyrou ?

So you think Gaben will value Kyrou higher than Berube?

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Any offers for Kyrou ?
Jesus, seriously? They get along perfectly fine. Emotions run high during games and it doesn't matter. Both will be back next year.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
It's pretty decent
115-apkirptas-transparent-spalva-ok_ccexpress.png

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Any offers for Kyrou ?

You think a coach is going to be kept over one of the better players on the team?

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
You think a coach is going to be kept over one of the better players on the team?

Most likely not, though I think Armstrong and the Blues ownership are fully behind Berube and just signed him to a 3-year extension last year. I doubt they will fire him with 2 years left on his deal, so both sides will have to make it work next year. If things continue to go south and Berube and Kyrou can't get on the same page, then it will be interesting to see what happens. I do agree with you that Berube will likely leave the Blues before Kyrou does.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Most likely not, though I think Armstrong and the Blues ownership are fully behind Berube and just signed him to a 3-year extension last year. I doubt they will fire him with 2 years left on his deal, so both sides will have to make it work next year. If things continue to go south and Berube and Kyrou can't get on the same page, then it will be interesting to see what happens. I do agree with you that Berube will likely leave the Blues before Kyrou does.

This makes sense. Not necessarily because they’re “fully behind Berube” (although that can be true). But it can also depend on how they view the re-tool. If they’re expecting to be bad to mediocre during those two years, does it make sense to pay for two coaches for this window of time?

Reactions: Reality Czech

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
This makes sense. Not necessarily because they’re “fully behind Berube” (although that can be true). But it can also depend on how they view the re-tool. If they’re expecting to be bad to mediocre during those two years, does it make sense to pay for two coaches for this window of time?

Maybe "fully behind Berube" wasn't the right way to put it, but he's earned enough leeway that they will only fire him if it seems they have no other choice. I don't think the ownership wants to pay two coaches at all, and as you mentioned it's not like the team is expecting to win a Stanley Cup next season. I do think he could be on the hot seat at this time next year, though. He is such a proud guy that it's hard to imagine him wanting to stick around as a lame duck coach that has lost his team.

Reactions: St Louis515

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
You don't have to fire or trade someone every time a player and coach aren't on the exact same page. I'm sure this isn't the first time Berube has had a player who isn't committed to defending. And I'm sure Kyrou has had coaches mad at him before.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, untill it starts to look like when Ralph Kreuger irrationally hated Jeff Skinner.

Reactions: westc2

St Louis515

Nov 18, 2018
Jesus, seriously? They get along perfectly fine. Emotions run high during games and it doesn't matter. Both will be back next year.
you live in St Louis and don't see the games on tv/ read the paper, watch the news, hear the feedback from the St Louis media ? I would not say they get along fine. From what I am told from a member of the teams broadcast team Berbue wants him gone.It will like come down to Armstrong to see what he could get in return. The Blues owners do not want to buy out Berbue, and the team knows Kryou is what he is, and is not going to change, does not matter who he coach is.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
you live in St Louis and don't see the games on tv/ read the paper, watch the news, hear the feedback from the St Louis media ? I would not say they get along fine. From what I am told from a member of the teams broadcast team Berbue wants him gone.It will like come down to Armstrong to see what he could get in return. The Blues owners do not want to buy out Berbue, and the team knows Kryou is what he is, and is not going to change, does not matter who he coach is.
Do you have a source for this, or or is it "believe me bro"

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
So I would like to ask the outsiders this…

say the Blues first pick is 8, 9 or 10Th. That first and Kyrou for the number 2 or 3 overall?

too little. too much?

Reactions: St Louis515

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
rangers pass, bad timing
hard cap constraints
IF IF IF no ironclad nmc, something around Panarin or as core in a package

bread gotta see he is not getting an offer, let alone one remotely near 11m/per, from ny due to cap
howev, while he may relent and waive later, he's not doing that anytime soon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad