Value of: Value of Elias Lindholm to Colorado

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bond

May 10, 2012
RyJo is literally 7 years older than Beau was when that trade was made and NYI's pick was 13th OA at the time of the trade. Not remotely comparable
Flames waited too long to trade Lindholm to really capitalize on his trade value. Career averages are similar but Horvat was on a tear when he was traded.
Obviously I want a better 1st but what team in the 15ish range will trade for Lindholm? I think it is between the Avs, Canes, and Bruins. None of those picks will be great.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
RyJo is literally 7 years older than Beau was when that trade was made and NYI's pick was 13th OA at the time of the trade. Not remotely comparable

Why dont you compare Horvats numbers at the time of the trade last year to Lindholms numbers today as well!!

Or we can look at the fact Ritchie was a 1st round pick while Raty was mid 2nd round pick.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'd easily do Ritchie + 1st + RyJo for Lindholm if we could re-sign or if Landy is on track to come back for the playoffs. I'd probably go up to adding our '26 2nd/Olausson/Behrens to get it done.

But if Landy isn't ready or Lindholm wants to much, I don't think the Avs have a strong enough team to compete.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

Horvat had 54 points (31goals) in 49 games last year, Lindholm has 20 points in 31 games. I think most would agree that suggests that at time of trade Horvat held more value than what Lindholm currently does. Van retained 25% on Horvat.

Ritchie was a more recently drafted first round pick than Raty and overall likely considered to be a higher ranked prospect. Raty was drafted in the second round.

The first difference may be in the range of 14 picks different (likely the equivalent of around a 2nd).

Beau put up 20 in 49 (.41) prior to trade and RyJo has put up 12 in (0.39)

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I also wouldn't mind taking Ryjo for a small fee of a later pick if Flames didn't have to retain on Lindholm plus still had space left near the end of the TDL and Avs wanted the extra cap to make an extra move. Depending on how one predicts how things might go, that might be a pretty big if.

Flames would severely lack RHS players if they made the expected moves and didn't back fill the handedness. It'd be like 2014-2016 all over again.

Reactions: lionsDen

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
What would the flames want from buffalo, ostlund, 24 1st, 2nd, neuchev, mcarthty and kiskakov?

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Johansen isn't working out in Colorado.

Lindholm for Johansen, 2023 1st and Wood.

Lindholms value is tanking the more games he plays. He does not look good this season.
Wood has been a monster this year. I’d hate to get rid of him.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I mean even if he’s having a down year this would be a no-brainer for the Avs if they could make the finances work.

I like both the Ritchie and Gulyayev picks a lot and we also have all firsts for the next 3 seasons as ammo - so that’s essentially 5 1sts to play with and in some fashion “refill the coffers” - but the truth is now is not the time to be precious with assets. Coughing up two of those assets plus some extras for a Lindholm-like acquisition is an easy yes.

It’s not just Landeskog that needs resolving - you also need to keep some loose change for Moose’s new deal.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
1st and 2nd/B prospect.

Yep. Folks always overestimate the return for rentals. Everyone expects them to get the return that a star signed to multi years does, which never happens.

Basically a 1st + the teams 5th best prospect (or around there) sounds about right.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Yep. Folks always overestimate the return for rentals. Everyone expects them to get the return that a star signed to multi years does, which never happens.

Basically a 1st + the teams 5th best prospect (or around there) sounds about right.
I expect him to return n a playoff team first , a player drafted late 1st/2nd +contract. Things could be higher if thry get to talk to agent.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
But they don't have to dump an anchor like RyJo on the Flames.

It’s not necessarily a cap dump. Boston doesn’t have a prospect like Ritchie. If Calgary wants Ritchie, Johansen becomes less of a hard ship, especially in Johansen’s last year, which is a year where the cap finally goes up.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It’s not necessarily a cap dump. Boston doesn’t have a prospect like Ritchie. If Calgary wants Ritchie, Johansen becomes less of a hard ship, especially in Johansen’s last year, which is a year where the cap finally goes up.
Its still a capdump.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Its still a capdump.

Not sure about the implications of Lehkonen returning, but the Avs (going by capfriendly) currently have about the same amount of cap space as Lindholm’s salary. Monahan to Montreal was a cap dump because it was necessary to sign Kadri at the time. But sometimes salaries are exchanged to make it work for the cap. By involving Johansen, the still gain .85 of cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad