Value of: Value of Elias Lindholm to Colorado

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

howboutahug

Mar 20, 2018
Rocky Mountains
Just curious

Via Elliott Friedman and Jeff Marek

“The other team really looking around: Colorado. They made that Tomas Tatar trade, and everybody is saying, ‘OK, what’s the other shoe?’ And I think they need to wait because they’ve got some cap issues and roster issues, but there isn’t a contender in the league who isn’t trying to figure out what the Avalanche are up to. I know some people suspect Lindholm. They’re not the only ones, but I know some people suspect that that’s one of the guys that they’re eyeing.”

“I think Lindholm is one of the guy’s they’re looking at, but I’m sure there are others. Again, I don’t know what’s going to happen, how much is going to happen before the freeze. Like I said, Colorado has got some roster issues and some cap issues. They might have to wait, but they’re lurking. There’s no question that they are lurking out there.”

Lindholm's cap hit: 4,850,000
Avs current cap space: 4,825,000

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
First + Ritchie would be the basis of the deal I’m guessing
1st and 2nd/B prospect.

IF this is all it takes..........Redwings can overpay easily and he is definitely someone we could use. Those FO wins totals is beautiful.

1st + Maatta + Berggren

add a 4th or 5th for giggles idc. Calgary needs defense from what I am understanding, especially if they trade hanifin (another player I would like detroit to go after....and markstrom). So this lessens that burden for a guy on a low-ish cap hit that expires soon enough.

Give Berggren top 6 minutes and you won't be sorry. He just needs to round out his defense abilities. His offense is there.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
IF this is all it takes..........Redwings can overpay easily and he is definitely someone we could use. Those FO wins totals is beautiful.

1st + Maatta + Berggren

add a 4th or 5th for giggles idc. Calgary needs defense from what I am understanding, especially if they trade hanifin (another player I would like detroit to go after....and markstrom). So this lessens that burden for a guy on a low-ish cap hit that expires soon enough.

Give Berggren top 6 minutes and you won't be sorry. He just needs to round out his defense abilities. His offense is there.
Berggren isn’t nearly as enticing as Ritchie. The Flames have lots of wingers. They need a two way C. And they take on a dump in Maata. That offer is worse…

Or if the Avs want a bigger and see Byram as expendable with Gulyaleyev..,

Tanev @50
Lindholm @50

For
Byram
Dump

Bond

May 10, 2012

1st + Maatta + Berggren
I'd do that. Flames will need a warm body on defense after Hanifin and Tanev are gone

Ledge And Dairy

I'd do that. Flames will need a warm body on defense after Hanifin and Tanev are gone
I don't mind taking on Maatta but as another user said above Berggren is of fairly low interest. He's another undersized middle 6 winger and isn't waiver exempt after this season. Meaning there will be no room to promote Coronato or Pelletier, or anyone else that deserves a shot

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Don't see Yzerman trading his other 1st for a rental, and I don't see Calgary trading Lindholm for that package if they let Detroit work something out with him first.

... And if he's looking for anything close to the deal he supposedly rejected from Calgary, hard pass.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

1st + Maatta + Berggren

I can't see them making that move until the deadline where they have a clearer view of their standings. They won 1 out of their last 6. They were 6 and 6 in November. Unless you can see a extension definitely happening, I think they wait a bit.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I can't see them making that move until the deadline where they have a clearer view of their standings. They won 1 out of their last 6. They were 6 and 6 in November. Unless you can see a extension definitely happening, I think they wait a bit.

I mean, to be fair part of the reason we've won one of our last six is because we were missing our top two centers... Which is kinda the motivation for this trade.

That said, I don't think Yzerman is fooled into thinking this team is contending yet, which means he's not moving any significant futures unless another Debrincat situation falls into his lap where the player fits our age window, wants to be here and only here, and can be had for 50 cents on the dollar.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Colorado's cap is kind of confusing with Landy and Girard. But with Toews getting his big raise next year and Rantanen needing one the year after, I'm guessing Lindholm is more of a straight rental?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Colorado's cap is kind of confusing with Landy and Girard. But with Toews getting his big raise next year and Rantanen needing one the year after, I'm guessing Lindholm is more of a straight rental?

It depends on what Lindholm wants in UFA money.

IE, was he rejecting 8x$9M in Calgary because he simply wants a fresh start somewhere else and wants to win on a contender... Or was he rejecting that money because he believes he could get more as a UFA and is chasing the bag.

I think given his year so far, $9M is just off the table at this point. Horvat only got $8.5M as a similar player who was having a career year when he got traded/signed. Lindholm to me is more of an $8M guy right now. The Avs could make $7.5M work IMO by moving a Dman and moving Johansen.

But yeah at $9M I don't think the Avs would have any chance of making that work unless Landy ends up "retiring" essentially.

Reactions: Tempo

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
It depends on what Lindholm wants in UFA money.

IE, was he rejecting 8x$9M in Calgary because he simply wants a fresh start somewhere else and wants to win on a contender... Or was he rejecting that money because he believes he could get more as a UFA and is chasing the bag.

I think given his year so far, $9M is just off the table at this point. Horvat only got $8.5M as a similar player who was having a career year when he got traded/signed. Lindholm to me is more of an $8M guy right now. The Avs could make $7.5M work IMO by moving a Dman and moving Johansen.

But yeah at $9M I don't think the Avs would have any chance of making that work unless Landy ends up "retiring" essentially.

You would think it's just because he wants out of CGY. God help him if he thinks somebody else is getting close to that offer. Especially with the season he's having and last year's performance.

There's always a dumb GM out there, but frozen cap has kinda tied their hands, and it'll take a few more 5% increases before they can act on their stupidity again.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Johansen isn't working out in Colorado.

Lindholm for Johansen, 2023 1st and Wood.

Lindholms value is tanking the more games he plays. He does not look good this season.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
First + Ritchie is probably what the Avs are willing to give up, throw in RyJo as a cap dump if Calgary is dumb enough to take him. And I imagine they view Lindholm as a rental as affording him long term is all but impossible now that Toews is extended if they have any plans on trying to keep Rantanen.

Maybe Girard if Calgary is willing to take on the biggest question mark on the Avs roster. Girard is probably out of Colorado before next October anyway.

Last edited:

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Calum Ritchie + 1st + Johansen would be a solid return and is considerably more appealing than 1st + Maatta + Berggren. As eager as Wings fans are to move on from Berggren, his value given that he's a sub 6'0 23 year old impending RFA left winger is limited, especially to the Flames what with them being stuck with Huberdeau and two of their top prospects also being left wingers in Honzek & Pelletier.

Flames can then try flipping Johansen elsewhere either by the deadline or in the summer.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
I wouldn't mind taking Johansen back if we aren't retaining on Lindholm. Retain on Johansen instead, he should have some value at 2M.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'd do RyJo + 1st + Ritchie in a heartbeat honestly. It also doesn't compare pretty well to the Horvat deal last year(I forgot he went for so little).

I really think it will cost the Avs more then that to move RyJo's contract but maybe not as the Horvat deal did kind of set the parameters for this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad