Raptors Discussion: v97 Raptor's 2023-2024 Season complete - 19th and 31st overall picks

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Keep or Trade - Siakam

• Trade

Votes: 63 90.0%
  • Re-Sign

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Injured alot eh
That's why he's not a max player.

Toronto could either do a sign and trade around Brown or GTJ or they could clear out their contracts and sign him with space (might be a little tight to do, but possible since they can cut down to the point where they could offer 28M for next year without breaking the floor of the cap and keep IQ).

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I'd kind of feel bad for the Knicks if OG came back here as a FA lol. But damn, starting lineup with him in it would be complete.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
There was chatter about that happening.
Yeah I just saw that he was apparently upset with contract offer from Knicks. Him and Barnes are apparently really good friends so I'm sure that will get speculation going if he does become a FA. I wouldn't mind it, guys still only 26 and he's great at what he does and helps Barnes on the defensive side.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006

Pascal gets a max deal from Indy.

This is especially relevant to Toronto because Jalen Smith (24) is about to become a FA as a PF who shot 42% from 3 because Toronto traded Siakim to Indy (and who would be a better fit on Toronto than Siakim was)

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-06-19-09-58-33~3.png

She's HIM.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008

Pascal gets a max deal from Indy.

This is especially relevant to Toronto because Jalen Smith (24) is about to become a FA as a PF who shot 42% from 3 because Toronto traded Siakim to Indy (and who would be a better fit on Toronto than Siakim was)

Pretty interesting guy.
Rebounds at a good rate, shoots it, right age bracket.
How’s his D?

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Pretty interesting guy.
Rebounds at a good rate, shoots it, right age bracket.
How’s his D?
Statistically, he did better than Siakam in DWS per 48. He was significantly underused, but there is real potential that he could be really really good.

Reactions: aingefan

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Statistically, he did better than Siakam in DWS per 48. He was significantly underused, but there is real potential that he could be really really good.
Thoughts on him as a fit alongside Scottie in the front court? Is there enough defence there?
The rebounding would definitely help. Rounds out a nice starting five, but is it enough to be really competitive? I wonder if there’s enough development left in JS RJB IQ to bet to legitimate contender status.
Just thinking out loud, if the team declined Brown’s option, would they have enough space to sign him anyway? Effectively swapping Brown for Smith. Admittedly, I’m not clear on how the cap would play out.
Poetl-Smith-Barnes-Barrett-Quickley
Olynyk-Dick-Agbaji
Boucher’s still around.
19 and 31.
I’m not sure. I imagine Masai considers something like this, especially if he can snag a legit C or PG at 19. I don’t think he wants to stretch out a retool any longer than he has to.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Thoughts on him as a fit alongside Scottie in the front court? Is there enough defence there?
The rebounding would definitely help. Rounds out a nice starting five, but is it enough to be really competitive? I wonder if there’s enough development left in JS RJB IQ to bet to legitimate contender status.
Just thinking out loud, if the team declined Brown’s option, would they have enough space to sign him anyway? Effectively swapping Brown for Smith. Admittedly, I’m not clear on how the cap would play out.
Poetl-Smith-Barnes-Barrett-Quickley
Olynyk-Dick-Agbaji
Boucher’s still around.
19 and 31.
I’m not sure. I imagine Masai considers something like this, especially if he can snag a legit C or PG at 19. I don’t think he wants to stretch out a retool any longer than he has to.
Honestly, I think he's a perfect fit style-wise.

He spaces enough that Scottie and RJ can attack the paint without him sitting in it, but he has an inside game too. He would allow more dynamic D because the Raps could play more man to man.

Money-wise, the Raptors are fine. If the cut Brown and GTJ, they could actually get under the cap by enough to outright sign him.

A sign and trade involving Brown could be done.

They could also mix and match contracts on a sign and trade.

The 5 is easy. You could theoretically trade Boucher somewhere like Philly for a pending FA then renounce them for space. Or you could trade Boucher for a younger bench piece, since he brings value.

For bench, if you purge everything, you still have 19 Dick 31 Olynyk Agbaji plus a MLE and the ability to take on a contract via trade exception (as long as you can make it fit under tax, otherwise exception changes)

In a sign and trade, you have 19 GTJ? Dick Agbaji Olynyk 31.

Reactions: aingefan

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Bronny's agent has hinted that Toronto could look at him as a draft option.

Just looking at some of the guys in the draft, Ulrich Chomche seems to check a lot of the boxes that Toronto likes as an option for 31 (Ulrich Chomche 2024 Draft Profile | Tankathon)
I think 31 is as good as gone. 2nd round in WEAK draft. No one we select is going to make a real difference this year or in the future, TBH. Plus, teams will now have a day between Rd 1 and 2 to wheel and deal. I would bet Masai plucks a late 25 or 26 1st and a serviceable role player for it.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I think 31 is as good as gone. 2nd round in WEAK draft. No one we select is going to make a real difference this year or in the future, TBH. Plus, teams will now have a day between Rd 1 and 2 to wheel and deal. I would bet Masai plucks a late 25 or 26 1st and a serviceable role player for it.
I don't agree with that strategy at all.

I could handle 31 being used in a deal for a player, but getting a slightly higher pick isn't really beneficial. 31 is arguably more valuable than some of the late 1sts because of contract flexibility. Also, weak draft is usually more about the top of the draft than the bottom of the 1st round.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Damn Presti does it again!!! If OKC can go get Lauri in a trade or Hartenstein in free agency they are bonafide title contenders for years to come. Caruso/Dort/Shai, good luck trying to score. I’m shocked the Bulls couldn’t get at least 1 draft pick from the war chest of OKC

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Caruso for Giddey trade is a win - win. OKC moves on after a public relations nightmare and get a great 2 way player with experience. I won't say anything about Giddey off the court but he has a ton of room to grow. Could be a steal IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad