Raptors Discussion: v52 | Yep...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
JV has to be better, he's still getting exposed on pick and rolls and it's been like that all year. 3rd year in the league where's the improvement in that area? Once again it comes down to teaching and coaching..see a trend here. Washington is doing anything they want right now, we have no answers.

mikebel111*

Just saying if Casey is stunting JV's growth, why cant we say same thing about Ross?
JV has gotten a lot of minutes like Ross, and both havent stepped up
Can we stop blaming the coach about JV and Ross

JV isnt living up to expectations and mostly its him

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Gortat destroying JV. It's like boys vs men out there. Raptors need to address this issue in the off season

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Just saying if Casey is stunting JV's growth, why cant we say same thing about Ross?
JV has gotten a lot of minutes like Ross, and both havent stepped up
Can we stop blaming the coach about JV and Ross

JV isnt living up to expectations and mostly its him

it's partly on the players but if both JV and Ross taking steps back that's more on the coaches than the players. It's a broad problem that isn't just affecting one player, both of them have had their growth stunted and it starts with the coaches.

How can JV be struggling this much still???

mikebel111*

Gortat destroying JV. It's like boys vs men out there. Raptors need to address this issue in the off season

Despite what I said last post, JV development is crucial for this team, if he doesnt solidify as a great C, than we will likely not go far

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
JV has to be better, he's still getting exposed on pick and rolls and it's been like that all year. 3rd year in the league where's the improvement in that area? Once again it comes down to teaching and coaching..see a trend here. Washington is doing anything they want right now, we have no answers.

Only so much a coach can teach you and show you. It's on the player to go out there and do it. If JV isn't smart enough to figure out how to learn from his mistakes then he shouldn't be playing. He's a pro and making millions of dollars playing basketball, he should be in the film room a lot watching film of what he did wrong and then go over it and start practicing the right thing to do until he gets it right.

mikebel111*

it's partly on the players but if both JV and Ross taking steps back that's more on the coaches than the players. It's a broad problem that isn't just affecting one player, both of them have had their growth stunted and it starts with the coaches.

I do agree partly its coaching. Were there not reports of both working hard in summer? Yet both are still basically the same player. How is that possible?
Though I think Ross for some odd reason is favoured by Casey. Not sure why.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010

How can you blame the coach on JV putting his shoulder down like an idiot? You think a coach really tells the players to take step backs? This is on the players to execute and they haven't done that.

The amount of terrible shots this game by the Raptors is atrocious and has nothing to do with coaching. Their want to drive and really put pressure on the Wiz defensively is another problem, and that's why we're calling ISO's is because these players are suppose to drive. Instead they get scared of the body contact and take awful shots.

Ross and JV not developing is on them. They've been given the time and the chances to produce and they both come up awful this series. Lowry too.

The only players that have really shown up are DD, PPat, and Amir on some nights, but tonight he's been taking some bad shots too.

mikebel111*

I cant believe this
But
Casey might be a worse version of Carlyle.
Anyone know any good coaching candidates available right now or one that could fit this team?

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Doubt seeing Sam Mitchell coming back.

But unless there is firings during the off-season, there really isn't anyone that I can think of that can replace Casey. Unless there's a college coach who's ready to step up but that never seems to happen anymore.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

But unless there is firings during the off-season, there really isn't anyone that I can think of that can replace Casey. Unless there's a college coach who's ready to step up but that never seems to happen anymore.

Mike Malone. Got a raw deal in Sacramento because Cousins got meningitis.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011

I googled some FA coaches

D'Antoni
Van Gundy
Mark Jackson
Avery Johnson

Maybe Drake can talk Kentuckys coach to come coach here lol. We know that's not gonna happen though.

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
All the makings of a sweep. Disheartening and demoralizing.
ISO-heavy offense makes me nauseous. Defense sluggish, or overcommits, couldn't stop a nosebleed etc.. etc..
This regression is absolutely mind-boggling. I think Lowry has a cold (according to pre-game reports), along with the shin bruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad