Utah Team Name - Part Two

Which team name is best

• Total voters

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Outlaws. It's not perfect but it sounds normal and works as a wild west tribute. The rest just sound corny

Reactions: Evergreen

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I went with the only name that was plural. Unless "Hockey Club" is considered plural. In which case, never mind.

Reactions: paulmm3

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I was thinking Crusaders but someone pointed out that was a Christian Catholic thing so that went out...Fighting Saints would have been great too but again a Religious thing...Stingers would have been great too but I guess Ryan Smith wants same colours as the Jazz...at this point I could less if the team called themselves the flying Delta's or the Northern 'Yotes or Carnivore's or how about Uncle Buttcrack Bettman's pet project 2.0

Evergreen

Outlaws because it’s plural. Would have gone with Mammoths or Yetis but I hate the singular noun versions. Imagine how stupid it would sound if other team names were singular.

Coming up on ESPN it’s the Boston Bruin vs the New Jersey Devil, followed by the Anaheim Duck vs the Winnipeg Jet.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
1723164955453.jpeg

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Regardless of the Toronto Raptors, it still makes the most sense for Utah.

These are all awful, generic, dull names. Because it’s the epitome of all three, somehow, the Hockey Club is the least boring to me.

Reactions: sanscosm

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Outlaws because it’s plural. Would have gone with Mammoths or Yetis but I hate the singular noun versions. Imagine how stupid it would sound if other team names were singular.

Coming up on ESPN it’s the Boston Bruin vs the New Jersey Devil, followed by the Anaheim Duck vs the Winnipeg Jet.
utah wife

Reactions: ESH

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Utah Venom

Cool name and you can design some sick jerseys + unique branding around the name

Yeti is another fine choice, however it runs the risk of being a little too similar with their neighbor Colorado with its mountain theme.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Roughriders. None with that nickname in the league currently when there should be at least two.

My Best-Carey

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Utah HC would be fine otherwise, but it's not a real club. Therefore Utah Outlaws is the only serious alternative out of these.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
I hope the MODs in here take into account everyone that clicked HC and Bans them from HF. What a terrible name. These are the same people that enjoyed the name Washington Football Team
I have it on good authority that they also prefer warm flat CocaCola while listening to Phil Collins' greatest hits.

Btw., this is what my inner 14 year-old came up with (this is a warning):

Coalition Of Hockeyplayers, Saltlake City, Utah
The CohSacUh s

Easy there, simmer down. What else would you expect from someone with my username. Plus, you've been warned.

Last edited:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

1723203483182.png

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
They all stink. Outlaws makes sense because the settlers were quite literally outlaws

Mammoth will have the coolest blouses though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad