OT: Bears & NFL Talk 99 (also 2024 NFL Draft GDT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
He already had the window down all the way once. They saw in the car. They got his license. He rolled it down enough to talk to them when they asked him to after that. Not sure why he needs to just keep the window all the way down as if that's some kind of law. The whole "You have to just do whatever a cop says because they're a cop." mentality is f***ed up. It's hot and humid in Florida this time of year. Why wouldn't he want it up to stay cool? It was 90 degrees with 65% humidity when they pulled him over. The whole situation is f***ed, and it likely costs one or two of these guys their jobs. And will cost the city money in the ensuing lawsuit that Hill files.
In Florida its law you must roll your window down and exit the vehicle when requested by the police. As it should be. He was pulled over for speeding and reckless driving. With a tinted window they can’t tell if he has a weapon or grabbed a weapon after rolling his window back up.

It’s completely reasonable for the officer to not want the vehicle’s tinted window to be up.

Reactions: Crow and Hawkaholic

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
In Florida its law you must roll your window down and exit the vehicle when requested by the police. As it should be. He was pulled over for speeding and reckless driving. With a tinted window they can’t tell if he has a weapon or grabbed a weapon after rolling his window back up.

It’s completely reasonable for the officer to not want the vehicle’s tinted window to be up.
Power tripping, racist pigs. No surprise at all it happened in Florida. Stop making excuses for piece of shit cops. He was calling his f***ing agent when he rolled his window up. Probably to get a lawyer available. As a black man should when approached by power tripping pigs.

Last edited:

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010

1. Looks like Caleb Williams was having tunnel vision for most of the game, locking on to the tiny slice of the field where his primary target was. Even the very short twitter/x clips already hinted at that, before the YT vids. He forced a number of throws into double- or even triple-bracketed targets, when there were open or wide open options elsewhere. If this tendency and those batted/tipped balls (IOL shares responsibility there) continue, TOs are gonna come. That's why Kurt Warner hedged his bet by taking a wait-and-see approach on Williams' prospect as an NFL QB.

2. Coleman Shelton got exposed, without good-to-great guards play next to him, exactly as the scouting report said. It didn't help that he was tripped by Jenkins on one play, and mindlessly went to help an already double-team into a triple-team, while totally missing the stunting LB/pass-rusher coming his way. Nate Davis remains a bad signing, along with Lucas Patrick and keeping Cody Whitehair over James Daniels (who, by the by, could player center, probably much better than Shelton or Bates). Ryan Bates in long relief had some issues himself too, and he's the presumptive replacement at Center (if weren't for want to replace Davis too), or it's Doug Kramer time. It remains a headscratcher, that the former OL Poles over-invests in receiving help and keeps fouling up the OL (from the get-go, and now into Season 3) and to some extent the DL, in FA and the drafts, for the most part. There's only one ball (so only one player can catch it at a time), but you need [at least] five solid OL to allow that pass to be successfully made consistently. Right now they have maybe 2 2/3 of OL starters (Braxton Jones, Darnell Wright, 2/3 in Teven Jenkins, who all have their own goofs occasionally) to be generous. The 4rd-round rookie sounds promising on paper but is very raw and comes pre-injured so he's not ready to help any time soon. The Suntimes podcast already sarcastically referenced this lack of starting quality in the pre-season when laughing over the coach staff's supposed enthusiasm over the alleged "depth" of the offensive line. Yeah, Poles got them in numbers, but the quality isn't there to field a full starting OL, and there's little internal help.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Power tripping, racist pigs. No surprise at all it happened in Florida. Stop making excuses for piece of shit cops. He was calling his f***ing agent when he rolled his window up. Probably to get a lawyer available. As a black man should when approached by power tripping pigs.
They wouldn't have been power tripping if he did what he was told to do. If he just complied, kept his window even half way down, there wouldn't have been a problem. His shitty attitude is what caused the issue, disrespecting police is never a good idea, especially in Florida. I have zero sympathy for that woman/child abusing POS.

Reactions: Crow

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

If it's law then he should have kept it down. Won't disagree with you if that's the case. It's also not a common law everywhere. He's lived in Miami for what? A year or so? Good chance he doesn't know that's the law. There's nothing in those videos that defends the cop's actions, though. They reacted the way they did because he was a wealthy black man in Miami, and probably under the assumption that he was some kind of drug dealer or something based upon the car. There's no excusing the way they acted. There's no defending them rag dolling him out of the car for something so simple as not keeping his window rolled down, and for speeding. It's really easy for a cop to say "Hey, it's the law in Florida that the window needs to stay rolled down through the entirety of the stop." THEY escalated the entire situation, and escalated it to the extremes that it got to. This is SOP for a lot of cops. They think they're above and beyond any reproach, or rule of the law, themselves.

And I'm not an anti-cop guy, before that gets tossed out there. Several close friends of mine are Chicago PD. My own cousin is on the job, a Detective Sergeant in Maywood, and has been on the job for 25+ years. As a kid I wanted to be a cop. I have a tendency to come to a cop's defense before most. In this situation, I can't defend the cop's actions, no matter who the person is, and what they may have done or not done in the past. Many cops nowadays escalate situations further, even though they're supposed to be trained to deescalate these situations.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
They reacted the way they did because he was a wealthy black man in Miami,
Nah, they reacted that way because he treated the cops like shit from the second they knocked on his window, and had an egotistical attitude towards them the entire time. Why should the cops respect you, if you don't respect them? All he had to do was not be an entitled prick, and keep his window even half way down instead of all the way up, after they told him to keep his window down. Dont feel sorry for Tyreek at all after hearing him talk to the cops the way he did. f*** him.

• Haha
Reactions: Crow and ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Nah, they reacted that way because he treated the cops like shit from the second they knocked on his window, and had an egotistical attitude towards them the entire time. Why should the cops respect you, if you don't respect them? All he had to do was not be an entitled prick, and keep his window even half way down instead of all the way up, after they told him to keep his window down. Dont feel sorry for Tyreek at all after hearing him talk to the cops the way he did. f*** him.
I didn't hear a single egregious thing in that video, even when he was being rag-dolled. What did you hear that said he was "egotistical and showing no respect"? That he was being an "entitled prick?" I see him with a window down, handing his license, and just saying "Don't knock on my window like that." Hardly warrants being rag-dolled the way he was. It's like a $300,000 car. I wouldn't want someone banging around on it, either. Don't hear much else in the way of attitude at that point. He says "Give me my ticket so I can go, gotta play in a game(or gonna be late). Do what you gotta do." He rolls the window back up. Cops freak out over it and start banging on the window, even though he does comply, and rolls the window back down a couple inches. Like... I don't feel like any of it is that bad to warrant the treatment he got. Cops says to keep the window down or I'm going to get you out of the car. Then immediately changes to "As a matter of fact, get out of the car." Like... that's escalation, not de-escalation.

It's telling that one officer was already placed on administrative leave, Hill was released, and he was never even cited for speeding. Just "reckless driving" and "no seatbelt". The reckless driving comes off as a trumped up charge that an officer can give at "their discretion" whether it was reckless or not.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I didn't hear a single egregious thing in that video, even when he was being rag-dolled. What did you hear that said he was "egotistical and showing no respect"? That he was being an "entitled prick?"
First interaction
Hill "Hey dont knock on my window"
Cop-Why dont you have your sea-
Hill "Hey dont knock on my window", "Give me my ticket so I can go on my way I'm gonna be late for the game, do what you gotta do" (rolls window up while officer is trying to interact with him)

This is after he was speeding like a maniac through the city streets.

- Cop knocks on window -"keep your window down"-
Hill - Dont tell me what to do,
Cop - Get out of the car
Hill - youre going to break my window"
Cop - Get out of the car
Hill doesn't get out of the car, keeps talking shit

How is that not egotistical and showing no respect?
He thinks he is entitled where he can speed through the streets excessively, talk to a cop like that, and then just get a ticket and be on his way.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
First interaction
Hill "Hey dont knock on my window"
Cop-Why dont you have your sea-
Hill "Hey dont knock on my window", "Give me my ticket so I can go on my way I'm gonna be late for the game, do what you gotta do" (rolls window up while officer is trying to interact with him)

This is after he was speeding like a maniac through the city streets.

- Cop knocks on window -"keep your window down"-
Hill - Dont tell me what to do,
Cop - Get out of the car
Hill - youre going to break my window"
Cop - Get out of the car
Hill doesn't get out of the car, keeps talking shit

How is that not egotistical and showing no respect?
He thinks he is entitled where he can speed through the streets excessively, talk to a cop like that, and then just get a ticket and be on his way.
Evidence and/or citation needed. Because he wasn't even given a speeding ticket. So someone can "drive like a maniac through the city streets." and "drive recklessly", but somehow not be speeding? :laugh:

And it's kinda funny that you are leaving pieces out of your dialogue that show the cop escalated things as opposed to de-escalating when it comes to asking him out of the car. He says "Keep the window down or I'm gonna get you out of the car", and less than a second later says "matter of fact, get out of the car." Like... that's not how this shit works. Just because they're cops doesn't mean you have to forfeit your rights and protections.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Evidence and/or citation needed. Because he wasn't even given a speeding ticket. So someone can "drive like a maniac through the city streets." and "drive recklessly", but somehow not be speeding? :laugh:

And it's kinda funny that you are leaving pieces out of your dialogue that show the cop escalated things as opposed to de-escalating when it comes to asking him out of the car. He says "Keep the window down or I'm gonna get you out of the car", and less than a second later says "matter of fact, get out of the car." Like... that's not how this shit works. Just because they're cops doesn't mean you have to forfeit your rights and protections.
He was given two tickets, and the MPD said in their statement that he was driving in a manner in which he was putting himself and others in great risk of danger.

The cop escalated things because he wasn't keeping his window down as instructed, didn't get out of the car as instructed, and just kept talking shit the whole time like he is an entitled POS that he is.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
They reacted the way they did because he was a wealthy black man in Miami, and probably under the assumption that he was some kind of drug dealer or something based upon the car. There's no excusing the way they acted. There's no defending them rag dolling him out of the car for something so simple as not keeping his window rolled down, and for speeding.
Wont get much argument from me there.

Roll your window down when a cop is pulling you over! That's not too much to ask. It's part of keeping the process safe. Tinted windows being rolled up make it unknown whether or not you're reaching for a weapon.

The cop (they're calling him "Tiny Montana" :laugh: )had way too short of a fuse, shouldn't have yanked him out of the car, shouldn't have manhandled him. Not arguing with any of that.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
He was given two tickets, and the MPD said in their statement that he was driving in a manner in which he was putting himself and others in great risk of danger.

The cop escalated things because he wasn't keeping his window down as instructed, didn't get out of the car as instructed, and just kept talking shit the whole time like he is an entitled POS that he is.
Not gonna keep getting into it with you, honestly. We disagree on some shit, agree on some shit. But there's a definite systemic problem with police here in the US that can't be denied at this point. Way too many of them on a power trip, and way too many of them who get into the job because of the power it gives them over other people. It's ugly. A lot.

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Not gonna keep getting into it with you, honestly. We disagree on some shit, agree on some shit. But there's a definite systemic problem with police here in the US that can't be denied at this point. Way too many of them on a power trip, and way too many of them who get into the job because of the power it gives them over other people. It's ugly. A lot.

Something a Canadian will not understand...

This is why a portion of the people want to defund the police. I wish more people really understood how un-American police action like this is and how bad it is for our country. Unfortunately it is all too American with a long and nasty history behind it. As someone who is of color, I know all too well.

And this is coming from someone who is not a Tyreek fan as a person or 100% agrees he put himself in that situation to be stopped in the first place. The rest of that ordeal? No.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

This is why a portion of the people want to defund the police. I wish more people really understood how un-American police action like this is and how bad it is for our country. Unfortunately it is all too American with a long and nasty history behind it. As someone who is of color, I know all too well.

And this is coming from someone who is not a Tyreek fan as a person or 100% agrees he put himself in that situation to be stopped in the first place. The rest of that ordeal? No.
I'm not about that defund the police nonsense, because 99% of the people who spew it have no idea what it actually means, or what they're asking to do. But yeah, there's a problem with a lot of police in this country. Plenty of good ones, but plenty of bad too.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Can't argue with that, but I just dont feel sympathy for people who choose to interact with police the way he did.

There's a difference between not understanding that police use excessive force when they shouldn't, and feeling sympathy for a POS like Tyreek for putting himself in that position.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
IMO, the bad cops are the minority. You rarely hear the media spotlight the good cops only the bad cops. Defunding the police is NOT an option. I would like to removed qualified immunity from cops.

With that said, but sides where in the wrong.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The reality is, if he was white, he isn't treated that way. Nothing else matters.

Nonsense

The truth is hot heads are not fit for police duty. Almost every officer involved in an incident like this has history of aggression, etc and almost always immediately lose temper over small things

The cop (Two really) here showed similar demeanor

Hill conduct to begin incident was wrong but officer did not handle it well

At end of day there is no good guy in this encounter but officer at least one (I would say two) showed he doesn't have the emotional control to be a police officer

As for officer in my example he was eventually fired (Though sheriff claimed it was for other policy violations of department) and during discovery for lawsuit his past history of aggression, etc showed this was not isolated incident and there were plenty of incidents that the officer should have been fired long before that

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Nonsense

The truth is hot heads are not fit for police duty. Almost every officer involved in an incident like this has history of aggression, etc and almost always immediately lose temper over small things

At end of day there is no good guy in this encounter but officer at least one (I would say two) showed he doesn't have the emotional control to be a police officer

As for officer in my example he was eventually fired (Though sheriff claimed it was for other policy violations of department) and during discovery for lawsuit his past history of aggression, etc showed this was not isolated incident and there were plenty of incidents that the officer should have been fired long before that

You going to try and tell me that the proportion of these incidents involving police don't lean HEAVILY towards black people compared to white people? A fatal police encounter is over 2.5 times more probable for a black person compared to a white person over the past 9 years, alone. And that's probably considered an "improvement" in comparison with the previous 50-60 years.

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Nonsense

A white guy driving a $400k McClaren is getting treated with f***ing kid gloves in that situation, because they are worried about getting fired and sued.... They likely assumed Hill was a criminal (you know, because he's black). The fact that none of them knew his name tells me they never even ran his plates... Just went full lunatic when they saw it was a black guy.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Nonsense

This might be one of your worst takes on this board and that's saying something.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Can't argue with that, but I just dont feel sympathy for people who choose to interact with police the way he did.

There's a difference between not understanding that police use excessive force when they shouldn't, and feeling sympathy for a POS like Tyreek for putting himself in that position.
Short-tempered bullies don't belong on the force with all of the backing of the state and legitimate use of violence that comes with it. Hill is an asshole for many reasons but in any other context, a public servant abusing a private citizen- even one acting much more belligerent than Hill in this situation- doesn't get a pass. No reason cops should when they are the ones with specific training for keeping these situations under control. Someone being rude during a traffic stop doesn't merit this kind of response and these guys need to be held to a higher standard or they need to get the hell off the force

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
If you're pulled over, have your window down with license, registration and insurance in your hand out the window before the officer gets out of his car.

Pretty simple.

Also, if you're an officer, it's part of your duty to deescalate situations.

Great example of how to NOT handle a traffic stop.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
If you're pulled over, have your window down with license, registration and insurance in your hand out the window before the officer gets out of his car.

Pretty simple.

Also, if you're an officer, it's part of your duty to deescalate situations.

Great example of how to NOT handle a traffic stop.
That's the thing. When he was pulled over, the window was down and he hands the cop his license. As he does, he says "Don't knock on my window like that." Cop says repeatedly "Why don't you have your seatbelt on?" and he just repeats himself. Then the cop says "Like what?" I wouldn't want them to, either, if I was in a car that cost over a quarter of a million dollars, at minimum. Every chance the cops had to de-escalate or escalate the situation, from that point forward, they chose to escalate. It's a fantastic example to show to officers in training how to NOT handle an extremely routine traffic stop.

Did Hill have some attitude? Sure. Attitude is no excuse for anything the cops did. He didn't physically threaten any of them. He didn't resist. He simply asked them not to knock on his window like that, and then rolled his window back up in 90 degree heat. Do any of you who keep saying "Keep the window down the whole time!" really think that Hill, after already handing his license to an officer, and in an extremely recognizable car, would shoot a cop at that point? Like... if he was gonna shoot a cop or pull a gun or something, it would have happened as soon as the first one walked up, while he had the element of surprise. I'd say probably 99% of the people in the world, no matter what they look like, are not going to hand an officer their license and then decide like 2-3 mins later "I'm gonna shoot a cop now."

Cops can't abuse their power, and abuse another person, solely based on someone having attitude with them. Respect is earned, not given. You know how easy it could have been for the cop to de-escalate that situation? "I apologize if I hit the window too hard, can you please keep the window down while we run your license?" Like... this whole respect thing goes both ways. Give a little, get a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad