GDT: Utah Hockey Club vs Colorado Avalanche Preseason GDT 9/29/24..... Emergency?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I’m thinking more of regular roster next game because it’s a national broadcast on TNT vs Vegas

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Dont think we waive him.

I dont see how they dont really:

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Brannstrom - De Haan
Kyllington

That's already 7 pretty damn solid NHL level Dmen. Unless they decide to carry 8 Dmen which given we're actually going to be banking cap space to start the year, I cant imagine them doing that. They're gonna run a 20/21 man roster as much as possible.

I think they'll waive him and try to sneak him down on the very last day. But a team like San Jose or even Chicago that are so starved for some offense would be foolish not to claim him I suspect.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Teams don't want a guy like Malinski on their 3rd pair, I don't think he'd get claimed if we waive him anyway

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
With his youth and offensive talent, plenty of teams with a lack of blue line talent that would take a flyer on him.
He's not young and teams don't want that type of defenseman on their bottom pair. They want their PMD's on the top pair and big defensemen for the bottom 4. That's why guys like Brannstrom and Barrie have no value anymore.

Avs are an anomaly and pretty much the only team in the NHL that don't care.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad