Utah Hockey Club unveils brand for inaugural season, launches social media

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
It's about as spicy as Wonder Bread dipped in water. But I guess they needed "something" before the draft and decided not to rush into a long-term commitment. I wonder if most fans will buy merchandise or wait for the full branding next season.

My vote is still: Utah Salt Lakers

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It's about as spicy as Wonder Bread dipped in water. But I guess they needed "something" before the draft and decided not to rush into a long-term commitment. I wonder if most fans will buy merchandise or wait for the full branding next season.

My vote is still: Utah Salt Lakers
I imagine quite a few folks in that initial wave of support will, if only so they have Original Utah stuff to conclusively demonstrate their bonafides in the years to come.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I'm disappointed the jerseys are black instead of powder blue- I was really hoping and expecting they'd go with powder blue as the base color. I guess the idea is to have a jersey nobody will ever have any nostalgia for? Black is about as bland as it gets, and you have to really make the other elements pop to add visual interest. White lettering and very basic striping does not 'pop'.

The road jersey isn't awful on its own, but paired with black pants the overall outfit will look pretty eh.

Black and white. Generic. Not great for building a brand. They've settled on the colors already if not the name and logo, so start building your brand around the powder blue- because it's the only remotely distinctive element of your brand thus far.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I'm disappointed the jerseys are black instead of powder blue- I was really hoping and expecting they'd go with powder blue as the base color. I guess the idea is to have a jersey nobody will ever have any nostalgia for? Black is about as bland as it gets, and you have to really make the other elements pop to add visual interest. White lettering and very basic striping does not 'pop'.

The road jersey isn't awful on its own, but paired with black pants the overall outfit will look pretty eh.

Black and white. Generic. Not great for building a brand. They've settled on the colors already if not the name and logo, so start building your brand around the powder blue- because it's the only remotely distinctive element of your brand thus far.
I think the full kit - next year - will have a new colour (maybe purple) and the original kit will be the third jerseys.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

I agree - colours are decent but weird that they went with black as the primary

What are your thoughts on the Carolina black jerseys?

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I agree - colours are decent but weird that they went with black as the primary

What are your thoughts on the Carolina black jerseys?
I've never loved them, but they have a lot more going on visually. The logo is far more interesting, the stripes are bolder, red inherently has one of the strongest contrasts to black of any color, and there's a shoulder yoke that's a strong element as well. The black base of the jersey supports all the other visual elements. I also think they would be stronger if worn with red pants, like the Junior Canes do, giving more color and a layer of contrast to add interest:

18109647_64d8404a68de487c9debb29bff3a9407.JPG

End of the day, I want our original jerseys back.

Reactions: jetsforever

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
If you think those look like the sharks colors, you need to have an eye exam.
Men are more likely to be colorblind than women because the genes that cause color blindness are located on the X chromosome. At birth, males receive an X chromosome from their mother and a Y

Being a painter it really sticks out to me how most men are a tad colorblind

Reactions: HolyCrap

ACLEVERNAME

#OFFSEASON
Jan 6, 2010
Men are more likely to be colorblind than women because the genes that cause color blindness are located on the X chromosome. At birth, males receive an X chromosome from their mother and a Y

Being a painter it really sticks out to me how most men are a tad colorblind
That's hogwash. We see it, we just dont care. "Eggshell" vs "Tapioca" - yes it's slightly different but it's still the same shit.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I like their colors - what's wrong with them?
Everyone already knew it would be no name until next year.
Good colour scheme for a Yeti imo...

Reactions: kickback256

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'm withholding comment until they have a name and logo.

The look and feel of this jersey has placeholder written all over it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad