Confirmed Signing with Link: [UTA] F Kailer Yamamoto signs with the Utah Hockey Club (1 year, $775k, two-way)

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I remember him playing wing for Connor Mcjesus but unfortunately Leon Draisaitl was a better fit there but I always believed in the little guy because I myself am a little guy who plays hockey

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Did he actually play well enough in camp to crack the roster? Or is this just an AHL/depth move? Seems like a very hefty AHL salary for that kind of move.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He sucks and is too super soff to play in the bottom 6. If he learned to play with some jam and become Jamamoto he might stick in the NHL, but he won't.
He did play with jam, but then ran into concussion issues and stopped with the aggressive play.

Which given his other abilities makes him overall kind of useless without it

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He earned it for sure… I just don’t know how they are fitting him into the lineup. Assume they’ll send Doan down but who else does he play ahead of? You’d almost think they’ll send him down immediately, and he’ll be the first call-up.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
He earned it for sure… I just don’t know how they are fitting him into the lineup. Assume they’ll send Doan down but who else does he play ahead of? You’d almost think they’ll send him down immediately, and he’ll be the first call-up.
Bjugstad and Marino are injured. That makes Kolyachonok and Yamamoto 22 & 23 currently. Gives Utah roughly 5 weeks to make a decision unless a different skater gets hurt during that time.

Reactions: Petes2424

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Bjugstad and Marino are injured. That makes Kolyachonok and Yamamoto 22 & 23 currently. Gives Utah roughly 5 weeks to make a decision unless a different skater gets hurt during that time.
Ok cool. I was watching the other night and he played so well, but after I pulled their contracts, the only way I could see it, was if he was signed as their 14th forward and ends up their first call up. Instead of most PTOs that turn into NHL roster spots first.. It explains why he wasn’t automatically put on waivers today too. Usually we’ll see that as well.

In all reality, that’s gonna likely end up his role as the current roster stands anyway, and he’ll light up the AHL this year if he makes it through waivers. The small skilled guys live off of their preseason stats. Always have. So we always have to be cautious as good as they are in the preseason, but he played really well though. Enough where I watched him a second game and if any of the PTOs earned a contract this year, it was Yamamoto, Watson, Pacioretty and Lorentz. The guys who got them. Led by Yamamoto. Good for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad