Confirmed Signing with Link: [UTA] F Dylan Guenther signs extension with the Utah Hockey Club (8 years, $7.14M AAV; begins 2025-26)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Great deal. This will be middle pair/middle 6 money in a few years and this deal won't look out of place then. If Guenther really pops, this will be one of if not the best contract in the league by the end of it.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Until you people actually go and see Winnipeg downtown after 8 PM, I really can't argue with you. Salt Lake is nicer in almost every sense than Winnipeg. Better weather, beautiful mountains, better economy, less crime, etc.

Park City Utah is a far nicer place than anything Winnipeg has to offer.

• Haha
Reactions: beowulf

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
People are severely overrating the amount of "risk" that the Utarizona Coyotes Club are taking here.

It's not all about games played folks. This guy has scored at a high rate at every single level of hockey he's ever played. He's a 9th overall draft pick, was one of the star players for Canada at the WJC, was PPG first year in the AHL and scored 18 goals in only 45 NHL games last season at 21 years old.

He passes the eye test and has an NHL shot (to put it mildly). I don't see a world where he's less than a 25 goal a year guy and that alone will be worth 7 million in the higher cap era. I wouldn't be shocked though if he posts a few 40+ goal seasons and is a total bargin.

Just because you haven't heard of him doesn't mean the Utah MGMT haven't been watching this guys every move for years. They know what they have in him.

This isn't a random decision. I don't see this being any more risky than the Hughes/Stutzle/Sanderson/Thompson contracts.

If you don't know who he is, you soon will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad