USMNT - 2026 World Cup Cycle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
It's every freakin game against these losers. Mexican soccer culture is an embarrassment to this sport.
yep. in denver puli pulled out his man in the mirror shirt and another game (maybe the same one) US scored in extra time and mexican fans pelted the field with water bottles. it was such a hazard.

and yet there is never any punishment for these idiots. they do this every time. the offensive chant, the trash on the field...no one ever punishes them

Reactions: Basement Cat

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
yep. in denver puli pulled out his man in the mirror shirt and another game (maybe the same one) US scored in extra time and mexican fans pelted the field with water bottles. it was such a hazard.

and yet there is never any punishment for these idiots. they do this every time. the offensive chant, the trash on the field...no one ever punishes them

There is no fixing it - it's part of the culture and it's embarrassing. You see pictures or video clips after USA goals and there are kids flipping the bird. They learned that from their trashy ass dad or uncle.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's honestly to the point that banning Mexico fans from games has to be on the table. Not sure that's really even possible, but that's the type of thing that would have to happen to try and influence any sort of change.

Or have decent punishments for the team, so they are forced to try and influence their fans to change behavior.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm fine with Berhalter returning, just wish all that nonsense with the Reynas never became public. Berhalter earned an extension at the end of his tenure, something I didn't expect based on how he started. This should give us a strong foundation going into 2026, instead of trying to have an overhaul of the system with a new coach. Things are moving in the right direction, so keep that moving forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
It's honestly to the point that banning Mexico fans from games has to be on the table. Not sure that's really even possible, but that's the type of thing that would have to happen to try and influence any sort of change.

Or have decent punishments for the team, so they are forced to try and influence their fans to change behavior.

I agree with the sentiment, but there is no way to enforce that for USA vs. Mexico games in the US, which are 99% of the problem.

How many people commuted from Mexico to Las Vegas for that match last night? Maybe 2% of the fans? It's a bunch of losers who live in the USA but hate the USMNT.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I agree with the sentiment, but there is no way to enforce that for USA vs. Mexico games in the US, which are 99% of the problem.

How many people commuted from Mexico to Las Vegas for that match last night? Maybe 2% of the fans? It's a bunch of losers who live in the USA but hate the USMNT.
Sure, there are lots of Mexico fans that live in the US, but there is also horrid shit that happens at the games in Mexico. Remember when Donovan had vomit and urine thrown on him during corners at Azteca?

You'd basically have to force the Mexico team to play in empty stadiums at home and deduct points for them, and hope they can influence their fans to tone down the rhetoric and actions at games.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Sure, there are lots of Mexico fans that live in the US, but there is also horrid shit that happens at the games in Mexico. Remember when Donovan had vomit and urine thrown on him during corners at Azteca?

You'd basically have to force the Mexico team to play in empty stadiums at home and deduct points for them, and hope they can influence their fans to tone down the rhetoric and actions at games.

True that, with regards to the stuff that happens at the Azteca. I just feel like over the last 3 years or so, it has really been the games on US soil that have been the issue. And that is probably because most of the competitive US vs. Mexico games are played in the US besides one qualifier every four years. There is literally nothing that can be done with regards to Mexican soccer fan antics at games played in the US outside of harsh stadium protocol enforcement. That would require serious coordination with law enforcement that could get to the federal level (things will get ugly in the stadium if security / cops are tossing Mexican fans out en masse for throwing crap on the field).

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I don't dislike Gregg nearly as much as others do. Comments from Pulisic and other players suggest he's well liked in the room. My biggest concern with him is the way he approaches games tactically, and not playing to win, especially against a superior opponent. There's a time and a place to park the bus, but I think that he has too much of a tendency to do that.

I can't imagine that they would've gone back to him if there was going to be any issues with Reyna (and Pepi to a lesser extent) going forward. Reyna's been pretty quiet on his end of things after everything went down, so I wonder if he's just as embarrassed by his parents?

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What about segregating fans like they do in most other countries? That would cut down in the fights
US federation wouldn’t allow anything to impact Mexico ticket sales to USA games

Reactions: Rob

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
US federation wouldn’t allow anything to impact Mexico ticket sales to USA games

How much does the US fed make from this? It’s nations league, gold cup as well? Qualifiers they usually put in a smaller MLS stadium. Maybe 1 friendly a cycle for revenue otherwise this isn’t the fed’s call.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Gold Cup and Nations League are CONCACAF events so the USSF doesn't make money directly off them, in the past though the USSF did make money off all those Mexico friendlies in the US (and MLS too), though the relationship ended with SUM in 2021

Though let's see what happens if something similar occurs in the Leagues Cup, all the matches are played in the US and that seems to be another cash cow for MLS other than the expansion fees

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
What about segregating fans like they do in most other countries? That would cut down in the fights
These games are doubleheaders, 2 games on a single entry. Theoretically, you'd need to give each team 1/4th of the stadium, but it was 80% Mexico fans. And most of them are from the US, how do you stop them from simply registering as US supporters?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
These games are doubleheaders, 2 games on a single entry. Theoretically, you'd need to give each team 1/4th of the stadium, but it was 80% Mexico fans. And most of them are from the US, how do you stop them from simply registering AS US supporters?
Certainly valid points. I just look at Europe and Latin America and see how fans are segregated surrounded by security. Heck, at the Azteca visiting fans are put in a cage.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
1687131764596.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad