Useless Thread MCMVI: Fried Chicken Depreciation Thread

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
A win is a win is a win. I already admitted I am concerned about the defense, but if this offense continues averaging over 40 points a game it won't matter how bad the defense is. I know it hurts YOU that I was right all along about Mario & how it would take him a couple years to right the ship but that eventually he would. And he has. :nod:
What the f*** are you talking about? They beat Ohio State when he was with Oregon and they ended up with 1 or 2 losses after he choked away a game

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Bad moral to celebrate player injuries but let's just say nobody will miss DeShaun Watson

Was listening to my good friend Michael Lombardi on Bill Simmons' podcast and he called out the Bears as a paper tiger.

Bears had an abysmal opponent strength of schedule for their 4 wins

Should be a good one next Sunday.

Prohibition 2020

@GIADF how is Harley

GIADF

Deputy Mod.
Aug 17, 2024
Once upon a time in a small town, there lived a man named John Price. John was known for his friendly smile and helpful nature, but he had been out of work for a while, searching for the right opportunity that matched his skills and passions. After months of sending out applications and attending interviews that led nowhere, he felt discouraged but determined not to give up.

One sunny afternoon, while strolling through the town square, John noticed a "Help Wanted" sign in the window of a quaint little bookstore called "Pages & Co." Intrigued, he stepped inside, greeted by the scent of fresh coffee and the sight of shelves overflowing with books of all kinds. The owner, a kind woman named Clara, was busy organizing a display of newly arrived novels.

John approached her, nervous but excited. “Hi! I saw your sign. Are you still looking for help?”

Clara looked up, her face lighting up. “Yes, I am! We could use someone who loves books and enjoys chatting with customers. What’s your name?”

“John Price,” he replied, hoping his passion for literature would shine through.

After a brief chat about his favorite authors and the stories that shaped his love for reading, Clara smiled. “I like your enthusiasm, John. Why don’t you start tomorrow? I’ll show you the ropes!”

John couldn’t believe his luck. He started the next day, diving into his new role with enthusiasm. He learned how to arrange books, assist customers in finding their next read, and even brew the perfect cup of coffee for patrons. The bookstore became a hub for the community, and John found joy in helping others discover stories that resonated with them.

As weeks passed, John’s confidence grew. He even organized a weekly book club, bringing together readers of all ages. Clara was impressed with his initiative, and the club became a beloved part of the bookstore’s offerings.

One evening, as John was closing up, Clara approached him. “You’ve done a wonderful job here, John. I’d like to promote you to assistant manager. You’ve brought so much to this place.”

John’s heart swelled with pride. He realized that sometimes, the right opportunity comes when you least expect it. Through persistence and a little luck, he had found not just a job, but a community where he belonged.

From that day on, John Price was not just an employee at Pages & Co.; he became an integral part of the town’s literary heart, a storyteller in his own right, and a friend to many. And he knew that every page turned in the store held a new adventure, not just for the readers, but for him as well.

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
ESPN+ is useless if you live in market of you hockey team

Once upon a time in a small town, there lived a man named John Price. John was known for his friendly smile and helpful nature, but he had been out of work for a while, searching for the right opportunity that matched his skills and passions. After months of sending out applications and attending interviews that led nowhere, he felt discouraged but determined not to give up.

One sunny afternoon, while strolling through the town square, John noticed a "Help Wanted" sign in the window of a quaint little bookstore called "Pages & Co." Intrigued, he stepped inside, greeted by the scent of fresh coffee and the sight of shelves overflowing with books of all kinds. The owner, a kind woman named Clara, was busy organizing a display of newly arrived novels.

John approached her, nervous but excited. “Hi! I saw your sign. Are you still looking for help?”

Clara looked up, her face lighting up. “Yes, I am! We could use someone who loves books and enjoys chatting with customers. What’s your name?”

“John Price,” he replied, hoping his passion for literature would shine through.

After a brief chat about his favorite authors and the stories that shaped his love for reading, Clara smiled. “I like your enthusiasm, John. Why don’t you start tomorrow? I’ll show you the ropes!”

John couldn’t believe his luck. He started the next day, diving into his new role with enthusiasm. He learned how to arrange books, assist customers in finding their next read, and even brew the perfect cup of coffee for patrons. The bookstore became a hub for the community, and John found joy in helping others discover stories that resonated with them.

As weeks passed, John’s confidence grew. He even organized a weekly book club, bringing together readers of all ages. Clara was impressed with his initiative, and the club became a beloved part of the bookstore’s offerings.

One evening, as John was closing up, Clara approached him. “You’ve done a wonderful job here, John. I’d like to promote you to assistant manager. You’ve brought so much to this place.”

John’s heart swelled with pride. He realized that sometimes, the right opportunity comes when you least expect it. Through persistence and a little luck, he had found not just a job, but a community where he belonged.

From that day on, John Price was not just an employee at Pages & Co.; he became an integral part of the town’s literary heart, a storyteller in his own right, and a friend to many. And he knew that every page turned in the store held a new adventure, not just for the readers, but for him as well.
I agree ESPN plus would be the first streaming app I'd cancel ❌

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
That's literally the opposite of what I said you dingus. Maybe you should quite your job at Pages & Co. as literacy doesn't seem to be a strong suit for you.
it's pointless

wtf are you paying for

Global Latin pop sensation Shakira will bring her "Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran" tour to Washington, DC as the headliner for WorldPride DC 2025's Welcome Concert on Saturday, May 31 at Nationals Park.

Things to watch on ESPN+

College Women's soccer
USL Championship

That's it

and considering the latter can be seen on online streaming sites there is no point

I guess if I wanted to watch Bundesliga or La Liga or whichever one ESPN has ties to sure. But again I can literally watch those in Korean so I don't care. ESPN+ remains pointless and even worse they are throwing MNF and other football games behind a paywall. f*** ESPN.

1729521888307.png

I have been a Yankee diehard fan since 2001

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
@PanthersPens62 And it is only retribution that your dumb franchise collapsed and has not been relevant since that D Josh "Fat Fried Chicken Addict" Beckett hurled that "Gem" in Game 6 at Yankee Stadium in 2003. f*** your f***ing franchise, you deserve Sherman to run it into the ground.

I hated those Marlins even with "Pawpaw" McKeon and I will never forgive them for what they did

Bunch of jerks. And Marlins just let them all go anyway ROFL.

• Haha
Reactions: PanthersPens62

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
The Marlins only made the playoffs once in the 20 years since Beckett's gem. :laugh:

And you wonder why nobody goes to the f***ing games.

Even when they are in the middle of the city. In a perfect location.

That organization is repulsive just like the FSG owned Red Sox. At least the Phillies have a history too. TF has "Florida Marlins" done. Bunch of f***ing scrubs.

• Haha

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
@PanthersPens62 And it is only retribution that your dumb franchise collapsed and has not been relevant since that D Josh "Fat Fried Chicken Addict" Beckett hurled that "Gem" in Game 6 at Yankee Stadium in 2003. f*** your f***ing franchise, you deserve Sherman to run it into the ground.

I hated those Marlins even with "Pawpaw" McKeon and I will never forgive them for what they did

Bunch of jerks. And Marlins just let them all go anyway ROFL.
You should have idolized Beckett just for the bolded part. :laugh: 🐔

"Pawpaw" could STILL outmanage all of these analytic nerds of today. :yo:

But fear not, you will continue to get your "retribution" as long as that POS owns the Marlins. :cry:

There wasn't a f***ing team in DC in 2001
Fine......there is one NOW......one that actually won a WS title. Your bizarre addiction to the Yankees should long be a thing of history. :nod:

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
You should have idolized Beckett just for the bolded part. :laugh: 🐔

"Pawpaw" could STILL outmanage all of these analytic nerds of today. :yo:

But fear not, you will continue to get your "retribution" as long as that POS owns the Marlins. :cry:

Fine......there is one NOW......one that actually won a WS title. Your bizarre addiction to the Yankees should long be a thing of history. :nod:
I literally didn't follow baseball until September 2001

• Haha

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
The Marlins only made the playoffs once in the 20 years since Beckett's gem. :laugh:

And you wonder why nobody goes to the f***ing games.

Even when they are in the middle of the city. In a perfect location.

That organization is repulsive just like the FSG owned Red Sox. At least the Phillies have a history too. TF has "Florida Marlins" done. Bunch of f***ing scrubs.
I don't wonder at all. Its no mystery. Look at how well the WBC & The Savannah Bannanas draw. This area is starved for quality/entertaining baseball. People here are just smart enough not to line that POS' pockets. :yo:

I have no clue what has triggered you this morning........it must be the fact that The U has yet to lose a game & you realize that a loss is becoming less & less likely with each passing week. :handclap:

Ok The View has a VIP guest on now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad