UpperDeck trolling hard

zoo99

Nov 15, 2006
This is the description for a McDavid signed finals jersey, these clowns even watch hockey?
IMG_9808.png

Aug 3, 2010
They even got an authentic "Stanely Cup" stitched onto this championship-winning Edmonton Oilers sweater! And it's verified!!

1729485904458.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Figgy44

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Not sure AI would make up something like this, maybe more a jersey that was made in advance and signed in case they would have won (and the text going with it), but they ended up loosing... ?

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Not sure AI would make up something like this, maybe more a jersey that was made in advance and signed in case they would have won (and the text going with it), but they ended up loosing... ?

It's a textbook AI hallucination. Anyone who works with LLMs regularly will recognize it.

Reactions: zeeto

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
It's a textbook AI hallucination. Anyone who works with LLMs regularly will recognize it.
I wonder what could have been the prompt that do not mention the oilers or McDavid winning that give than answer back.

And the "legal" part about the witness signature was probably not from an LLM.

They even got an authentic "Stanely Cup" stitched onto this championship-winning Edmonton Oilers sweater!
Is that a stanley cup winner logo, or playing in the stanley cup final logo:

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I wonder what could have been the prompt that do not mention the oilers or McDavid winning that give than answer back.

It may well have explicitly stated that the Oilers lost, but likely was outweighted by something about a historic playoff performance by McDavid and a 3-0 "comeback". That's how it often happens. LLMs are not truth-seeking.

And the "legal" part about the witness signature was probably not from an LLM.

Just a standard boilerplate copy paste they put on all signatures

Reactions: zeeto

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Maybe they identified Connor McDavid as having won the Cup even though he actually didn't, so it makes it valid ?

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
AI hallucinations, good thing we're eroding the workforce to make way for faulty plagiarism software

This is exactly what's happening here. AI can do a lot of cool stuff. But it is stupid to trust it with anything even remotely important. False claims about an item being sold is fraud. And AI can make far bigger mistakes than that.

I love the term you used "plagiarism software". That's a apt description, and I'm going to use it all the time now (and i'm totally aware of the humorous irony in that).

Reactions: Figgy44

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
When you compare that to Seravalli's writing, I'd say it's still better. Facts may be questionable, but so are most of "sports writers'".

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It makes me nervous how many Oilers fans will read that and run with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad