Management UPDATE: Steve Staios GM and POHO, Dave Poulin Senior VP of Hockey Operations

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I am happy with what Staios, Poulin and Co. have done so far.

Read an article on The Athletic about defensive play in Ottawa. They had a goalie expert on TSN1200 the other day who said Ottawa was 29th in the league in high danger chances, or Grada A's , not sure...but the Athletic had a stat that I was more sure about, that Ottawa was 14th in the league for high danger chances. We all know why the puck was going in. Boston was 23rd. Ullmark , realitically, can have a monster season this year.

I like Jensen and just listened ot his interview and seems like a great guy to have in the room, and sounds like a real pro. As does Girous. As does Ullmark. As does Perron.

Phenomenal to have Pinto at 2.5M this year, and I can bet that he wanted it that way so Staios can build a better team this year. We have space to add more depth on the 4th line and for pete's sake leave a little space
Yeah I was confused about that. Almost every analytics site has us middle-of-the-pack in expected goals against and high danger chances against. I'm not sure where he got those stats. He also said Boston was top 10 which is not even close.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Yeah I was confused about that. Almost every analytics site has us middle-of-the-pack in expected goals against and high danger chances against. I'm not sure where he got those stats. He also said Boston was top 10 which is not even close.
Did the goalie expert say perhaps it was "off the rush"? Maybe I should listen to it again. But my eyes told me last year they werte not bad. No one could stop the damn puck

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Did the goalie expert say perhaps it was "off the rush"? Maybe I should listen to it again. But my eyes told me last year they werte not bad. No one could stop the damn puck

Might have been in-zone. Ottawa got hemmed in a lot leading to shots and tips, or breaking down and leaving a guy wide open.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ingoal uses Clearsight for their analytics, it's proprietary stuff, but they do publish some top 5 lists

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad