GDT: Unsolved Mysteries ep.4 (1.27)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bestest Canes Dman of All time

• Total voters

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Yes we need a 2C but who should we target... Oh wait we got a long long long TLDR thread on that.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
You guys are still talking about "desperately" needing a 2C when we're legitimately the second best team outside of Boston. Our team doesn't desperately need anything. They are the second best team with a ton of cap space just sitting there. There's no way that they won't acquire at least one significant piece by March.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
You guys are still talking about "desperately" needing a 2C when we're legitimately the second best team outside of Boston. Our team doesn't desperately need anything. They are the second best team with a ton of cap space just sitting there. There's no way that they won't acquire at least one significant piece by March.
We aren't saying “desperately”. Stop exaggerating.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Regular season means nothing. Just ask Florida. I am glad JR of all people didn't have your attitude in 2006. Both Recchi and Weight were significant top 6 additions, without them I'm not sure we win the Cup.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
We aren't saying “desperately”. Stop exaggerating.
I'm just saying that the trope of "we need a 2C" is like a broken record at times around here. The conditions are all of a sudden perfect for making those kind of "final piece" trades to get over the hump, but I can feel the nervous energy around here in regards to who those pieces will be.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'm just saying that the trope of "we need a 2C" is like a broken record at times around here. The conditions are all of a sudden perfect for making those kind of "final pieces" to get over the hump, but I can feel the nervous energy around here in regards to who those pieces will be.
You have your broken record targets. Others have theirs.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
You have your broken record targets. Others have theirs.
My names may be broken records, but I'm actually mostly calm about this deadline. I'm not going to see the deadline as a failure unless this team somehow fails to utilize the cap space given to them, and if there's one thing that this team has consistently done every single deadline since 2020, it's been that.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm just saying that the trope of "we need a 2C" is like a broken record at times around here. The conditions are all of a sudden perfect for making those kind of "final piece" trades to get over the hump, but I can feel the nervous energy around here in regards to who those pieces will be.
Give me a break. You're the guy that has 18,000 trade proposals every year with your broken records of what this team needs. It's hypocritical to complain about others discussing what they think the team needs.

We're a damn good team with a few holes. It's natural for fans to want to fill those holes without saying we are desperate. Most aren't flipping out about it.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
My names may be broken records, but I'm actually mostly calm about this deadline. I'm not going to see the deadline as a failure unless this team somehow fails to utilize the cap space given to them, and if there's one thing that this team has consistently done every single deadline since 2020, it's been that.
Believe me, I think this board can get a bit too emotional at times, but I think you're overreacting to some of the posts and sometimes making up angst for folks that isn't really there. You did it with me the other night and you did it tonight when BBA is one of the posters, and we tend to be level headed and fairly logical.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
Regular season means nothing. Just ask Florida. I am glad JR of all people didn't have your attitude in 2006. Both Recchi and Weight were significant top 6 additions, without them I'm not sure we win the Cup.
Recchi and Weight would be Kane and Toewns , fairly cheap and experienced , Horvat will be crazy expensive so are Meirers , dont get another TT in Boesser , we might not even need any of those guys , maybe just good grinders as that all we do anyways and seems to work

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
One of the most amazing comebacks in franchise history IMO (even if it was just a regular season game and not the playoffs).

Cardiac Canes again.

Although this team still needs to improve if it's a struggle against bottom feeder teams yet again.

So I just learned we won this game. Turned it off after 4-2. What a dufus I am
Same with me. Makes it more surprising they won. Seemed over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad