Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro) II

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
For those who watch Norlinder with Modo. What do you think of another young D on that team, Tom Hedberg? He is 8 months older than Norlinder, undrafted, similar size and better points total with 2 g + 17 a = 19 pts in 25 games played. Could it be a free agent target for the Habs?

IIRC euros are draft eligible until they are 22.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
IIRC euros are draft eligible until they are 22.

OK. But what about the player? Could he be a pick in the next draft? The Habs have 11 picks in the next draft with many in the later rounds.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For those who watch Norlinder with Modo. What do you think of another young D on that team, Tom Hedberg? He is 8 months older than Norlinder, undrafted, similar size and better points total with 2 g + 17 a = 19 pts in 25 games played. Could it be a free agent target for the Habs?

I spoke about him a few posts back, post #555.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What do you think of giving Gogolev a shot? I've always liked the idea of bringing in teammates together and he's been outstanding with Hillis

I think they would have to draft him but if he somehow didn't get picked then I would certainly invite him to the development camp. We have to wait and see what the Habs plans are as it's a very tough year to try to predict contracts since we have so many RFA's/UFA's that could easily be gone but which ones is tougher to say and then we have so many prospects that either need to be signed or will be signed not because they have to or we lose their rights but because it's time for them to come over or turn pro.

Reactions: DangerDave

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
wonder if the Habs will have interest in Marc Michaelis (U-Minnesota St Mankato

or

Jordan Kawaguchi (North Dakota) his cousin is former NHLer Devin Setoguchi.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
wonder if the Habs will have interest in Marc Michaelis (U-Minnesota St Mankato

or

Jordan Kawaguchi (North Dakota) his cousin is former NHLer Devin Setoguchi.

Patrick Khodorenko would be an interesting target as well. The entire Michigan state offense goes through him this season, he's got a pretty good tool box to work with, including a pro wrister.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Patrick Khodorenko would be an interesting target as well. The entire Michigan state offense goes through him this season, he's got a pretty good tool box to work with, including a pro wrister.

yea I talked about those Michigan St guys last year and again in a GDT the other week when they played against Wisconsin.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Danis was the biggest as he was up for the Hobey Baker and had offers from other NHL teams including the flyers. Brock Trotter was seen as a good get at the time after he left Denver but never panned out. Ryan Johnson was pretty solid in the AHL.

But with us having so many draft picks now, I doubt they will have much interest in FA's since we don't have an ECHL team next year so there's only so much space.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Igor Zhukov, apparently a hockey reporter in Russia (first time I hear of him) wrote this on this thing called Telegram:

Igor Zhukov Life
Representatives of the Montreal Canadiens will fly to Magnitogorsk at the end of this week to watch Vasily Demchenko and a substantive interview with the 25-year-old goalkeeper. Canadians are interested in backup for Carey Price, the club is studying the market.

///

Demchenko is a graduate of the Tractor school; until recently, his entire career took place in Chelyabinsk. For the main team of the club system in the KHL, the keeper played 209 matches, he has 82 wins, 92.5% and 2.37, as well as 14 shutouts. In 22 matches of this season - 7 wins, 90.8% and 2.79. Demchenko is the bronze medalist of the MHL 2014 and 2015 + the bronze medalist of the KHL 2018 and the winner of the audience’s prize for the season 2018/2019. Also in his background - several challenges to the Russian Olympic team.

December 1, 2019 Demchenko became a player in Magnitogorsk after he was banned by Tractor, who made a dubious exchange of Demchenko / Galimov. Keeper took part in 11 matches of his new club, he has 2 wins, the percentage of reflected throws is 91.3%, the reliability coefficient is 2.63.

The team of Ilya Vorobyov ranks seventh in the east. On February 17, 21 and 23, she will play in Magnitogorsk with Kunlun Red Star, Neftekhimik and Salavat Yulaev.

In Chelyabinsk, Demchenko had a contract until April 30, 2020, approximately 40 million. After the season in the KHL, he will become a limited free agent.
4.5K viewsedited 03:23
February 10

Reactions: larrypacman8167

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They need to do something as Primeau is not the answer yet and neither is Lindgren. I haven't seen Demchenko but hopefully they find a decent backup somewhere.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Montreal apparently has interest in Russian goaltenders Vasili Demchenko.

I saw an article that reference the telegram, so I'm not entirely sure how accurate this is.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Bob Hartley would gladly give a name of at least 5 Russian goalies that would be perfect for the 2nd string job. And I have no doubt that he could. I guess it's all about the money and the fact that if you are a starting goalie at home, you might not want to be a 20-game goalie away...but maybe some would like to try it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: