GDT: UND Hockey games

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Think Pinto can have Danault like impact for us. Or Pageau. Someone who is perhaps not in your "top 6 C" but his line is as important as your "top line" come playoff time and contending years.

I think his ceiling is like Nelson/Lee. Which would be phenomenal depth.
I think that if Pinto is not in your top six than he is on the right side at RW with White at centre & Formenton on the left side & that would create a very good two way line that could be as important as the top line in contending yrs. The question than is whether Ottawa is able to fill those two top six open spots with comparable or better players & that remains to be seen. L. Brown could fill one but who knows whether he even becomes an NHL player at this point with all the controversy surrounding him & his play. I don't really see anyone else in the organization that has that ability but they should be able to add another top six forward at the draft, unless they go for defence first.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
He overall package would seem to have outpaced White's at the same point in their development.

1. Pinto has bigger frame
2. Pinto has a better shot (and a 1-timer which is almost non-existent for White)
3. Pinto skating seems equal but on a bigger man
4. Dominant FO%

I can see Pinto being a very good #2C that can play against heavier bodies and be far more effective off the cycle and have more of an impact on the PP due to his shot than White.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
I think that if Pinto is not in your top six than he is on the right side at RW with White at centre & Formenton on the left side & that would create a very good two way line that could be as important as the top line in contending yrs. The question than is whether Ottawa is able to fill those two top six open spots with comparable or better players & that remains to be seen. L. Brown could fill one but who knows whether he even becomes an NHL player at this point with all the controversy surrounding him & his play. I don't really see anyone else in the organization that has that ability but they should be able to add another top six forward at the draft, unless they go for defence first.

I think if LBrown doesn't work out and we dont trade him for another top six forward then we have to get a top 6 forward with our top 5 pick this year then fill the other top 6 spot with the Sokolov/Jarventie/Grieg group (Grieg is the guy I ultimately see pushing Pinto up or down the lineup depending on how both players do). Also still Dadonov and FAs which we could find a good 2nd line guy with. Lots of options down the road.

I do think that Pinto is the most NHL ready of the UND guys. Though I think they would all benefit from time in the AHL I think he's the most likely to stick. I'm pretty torn between wanting them to win a championship and wanting them to get to Ottawa faster. Should be fun to watch down the stretch this year though.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He overall package would seem to have outpaced White's at the same point in their development.

1. Pinto has bigger frame
2. Pinto has a better shot (and a 1-timer which is almost non-existent for White)
3. Pinto skating seems equal but on a bigger man
4. Dominant FO%

I can see Pinto being a very good #2C that can play against heavier bodies and be far more effective off the cycle and have more of an impact on the PP due to his shot than White.

White had a much better freshman year but ran into some health issues in his sophomore year if i recall.

I think Pinto's is a really intriguing prospect to project because of how late he committed to competitive hockey.

Reactions: OD99

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I'm pretty torn between wanting them to win a championship and wanting them to get to Ottawa faster. Should be fun to watch down the stretch this year though.

Nah, come on...let the boys win a National Championship together as a once in a lifetime experience and to help bond them even more. I love that our team is going to be comprised of players that have known each other and played with each other since they were young.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
White had a much better freshman year but ran into some health issues in his sophomore year if i recall.

I think Pinto's is a really intriguing prospect to project because of how late he committed to competitive hockey.
Correct, I think he had mono?

That's actually why I avoided points for my post. Just looking at skills and physical stature. Colin would have had better edges given his slashing style and what he did at the combine but other than that I am not sure of what traits he would be clearly ahead in.

For sure, they remaining development for Pinto has me very excited for that exact reason.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Correct, I think he had mono?

That's actually why I avoided points for my post. Just looking at skills and physical stature. Colin would have had better edges given his slashing style and what he did at the combine but other than that I am not sure of what traits he would be clearly ahead in.

For sure, they remaining development for Pinto has me very excited for that exact reason.
Mono was his draft year. I think he rolled his ankle in camp that year doing some sort of team building thing but i might be wrong...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Mono was his draft year. I think he rolled his ankle in camp that year doing some sort of team building thing but i might be wrong...
In Petawawa if memory serves me, running he twisted it & was out the rest of development camp, I remember him walking around with one of those boots & crutches.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Colorado College being outshot 43-7 by St. Cloud State,

Final score 2-1 for St. Cloud

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
CC was extremely shorthanded due to covid protocol losses, playing without its top line and starting goalie, and finishing the game with just four defensemen, two of whom were playing their second game ever.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
5-1

GOAL by North Dakota Bernard-Docker, Jacob (EVEN STRENGTH); Assist by Sanderson, Jake and Adams, Collin;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad