GDT: UND Hockey games

Status
Not open for further replies.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Rogers 495 and 98 both list Nebraska - Omaha game, but they are showing Marlies v Stockton instead. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
You can tell it's not a crucial game. Not a lot of jump. You'd like to think it shouldn't happen, but hard to fight human nature.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

2021 NCHC Frozen Faceoff (Ralph Engelstad Arena)
Friday, 2:37pm CT – #7 seed Colorado College vs. #2 St. Cloud State
Friday, 7:37pm CT – #8 Miami vs. #1 North Dakota
Saturday, 2:37pm CT – #5 Denver vs. #4 Omaha
Saturday, 7:37pm CT – #6 Western Michigan vs. #3 Minnesota Duluth

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Sanderson going to be unbelievable.

One more year of dominating NCAA and this guy going to be welcome straight into a top 4 role for us. Can't freaking wait.
Agreed, I think all four UND players could help a future team with Pinto & Sanderson being the better players. Hopefully, JBD & Kleven can also carve out a role for themselves on this team, can't be worse at this point.

Reactions: The Brady Bunch

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
How hard will it be for Dorion to let Sanderson stay there next year? You know he's itching to bring him to Ottawa.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
How hard will it be for Dorion to let Sanderson stay there next year? You know he's itching to bring him to Ottawa.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if he is trying to bring him up, or even if Dorion succeeds in doing so. It is the biggest hole in the lineup next to a high end centre. Having another skilled, minute eating LD would take a ton of pressure off Chabot, allow him to play a normal 20 min/game and give us better match-ups against the good teams in the league.

I still fully think another development year is the best thing for Sanderson but I'm not sure we are going to get what is likely best. I hope he is a quick learner.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if he is trying to bring him up, or even if Dorion succeeds in doing so. It is the biggest hole in the lineup next to a high end centre. Having another skilled, minute eating LD would take a ton of pressure off Chabot, allow him to play a normal 20 min/game and give us better match-ups against the good teams in the league.

I still fully think another development year is the best thing for Sanderson but I'm not sure we are going to get what is likely best. I hope he is a quick learner.

It would be interesting to see if he can adapt quickly. Would it stunt his growth at all is the question...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

If you forget that he is a freshman .. is a July bd and was drafted in 2020 and just watch him play.. He , imo, is as ready or more ready than JBD to play in the NHL. His skating , positioning, reads are that good. If you want to bring out more offense and have him really start to push play in the ozone and do that in a development environment .. then leave him, otherwise I think he's ready and I also think he wont get stunted. Could go up and down for a year as well.

The Ottawa coaching staff can't be dressing rookies and benching them for mistakes though. Dress them play them.. Don't trust them play them in the AHL.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Sanderson will be heading back, and will be the guy in NoDak. He'll be on the Sens fulltime April of 2022, burning a year of his ELC in the process.

Reactions: Laminator

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Sanderson will be heading back, and will be the guy in NoDak. He'll be on the Sens fulltime April of 2022, burning a year of his ELC in the process.
I think he turns pro along with JBD and Pinto.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I think he turns pro along with JBD and Pinto.
I'd be pretty surprised, I think we will be going back to NoDak for #1 mins, #1 pp, #1 mins and #1 pp at WJ. Then sign after the frozen four, get 6-10 games in, and start his 2nd year of his ELC as a 20 year old.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I'd be pretty surprised, I think we will be going back to NoDak for #1 mins, #1 pp, #1 mins and #1 pp at WJ. Then sign after the frozen four, get 6-10 games in, and start his 2nd year of his ELC as a 20 year old.
I know he originally planned to play 1 season at UND. I think he would develop better as a pro than as a student.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad