UNB Reds Thread (Part5)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Does anyone ever go in to watch practices?
I go sometimes , it’s nice when the Colter Room is open. Usually 1-2 other people with a bit too much time on their hands, last year at the first practice was probably 50 people and they were who you’d predict , the same faces you see when you go away to nationals.

I was sitting in a completely empty AUC one afternoon last season sitting in front of the Bulletproof Box and a puck went off the crossbar and landed with quite a bit of force in the seat next to me , often wondered how long it would take till someone realized the guy in the rink had gotten knocked out .

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Looks like Carson is back, I was under the impression he would be but wasn’t 100% sure since he graduated this year. 3 goalies on the ice Richard , Somers and someone else , I only stopped in for 10 minutes so didn’t see him without a mask but I’m pretty sure it was Jack Ryan.

Craig D

Sep 5, 2019
Looks like Carson is back, I was under the impression he would be but wasn’t 100% sure since he graduated this year. 3 goalies on the ice Richard , Somers and someone else , I only stopped in for 10 minutes so didn’t see him without a mask but I’m pretty sure it was Jack Ryan.
There is a 3rd goalie coming in to the team. A kid who just wants to be part of the team and no real expectations I have heard. I expect a few of the guys will be invited to NHL rookie camps. Would means some will be away over the first exhibition game here and the week after and likely return for the games in Ontario the following weekend.

Carson was a definite return from what I had heard. One more year! :)

Reactions: 902RedIslander

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Something that hasn't been talked about this summer is who the new captain will be? Any opinions/thoughts/guesses? I'm not sure there is an overwhelming "favourite" this time like there usually is.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Kamerrer was my original thought.

With alternate captains Keating/Gilmour/Landry moving on as well (McCormick too..was he an ‘A’?), it will be a completely different leadership group as well.

AUC Regular

Aug 22, 2023
Kamerrer was my original thought.

With alternate captains Keating/Gilmour/Landry moving on as well (McCormick too..was he an ‘A’?), it will be a completely different leadership group as well.
I'll go Kamerrer gets the "C" and Carson, Baber and Savoie get the "A".

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink

Attachments

• Maze.jpg
    Maze.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: 902RedIslander

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
I'll be shocked if MacKay doesn't get a letter, he's my top bet for the C actually
Not sure Savoie gets one after only half a season
Yeah I didn’t make that pick blindly , everything I’ve ever heard from anyone involved with the program about Cole has been incredible, seems like he’s arguably the most well liked guy on the team .

AUC Regular

Aug 22, 2023
I'll be shocked if MacKay doesn't get a letter, he's my top bet for the C actually
Not sure Savoie gets one after only half a season
Good point Campy on the half season. The only reason why I threw his name out is, I ran into some Quebec Rempart parents in a bar in Halifax when they were playing the Mooseheads to go to the Memorial Cup. They raved about Savoie, his character and how well liked he was in the dressing room!

Just glad they have lots of good options.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Btw, Tanner Sommers is listed on the 2024-25 UNB roster. Best 3rd goalie in the AUS!

UNB got a lot bigger. Returning Nick Blagden is listed at 6'4". Newcomers Cole Huckins, Roberto Mancini and Jax Dubois are also listed at 6'4". Goalie Xavier Fisk is also listed at the same height.

Reactions: Rob

Carleton

Dec 17, 2022
Btw, Tanner Sommers is listed on the 2024-25 UNB roster. Best 3rd goalie in the AUS!

UNB got a lot bigger. Returning Nick Blagden is listed at 6'4". Newcomers Cole Huckins, Roberto Mancini and Jax Dubois are also listed at 6'4". Goalie Xavier Fisk is also listed at the same height.
Tanner is the backup
The other guy is 3rd string.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad