UNB Reds Thread (Part5)

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Even though I would prefer a tougher opponent in the pre-season, I still like to watch new teams I've never seen before. Anyway the still have the Xmas break
I heard something about U of Ottawa a few months ago but I thought it was a preseason rumour but maybe we see them at X-mas.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
UOIT (University of Ontario Institute of Technology), now branded OT (Ontario Tech) has yet to play UNB. They only started playing USPORTS hockey in 2007-08 about the time UNB started winning titles every other year, so I don't think playing UNB was high on their list.

RMC is the last remaining 'active' team that UNB has not played.

UNB has also played Laval, Bishops & Montreal, but they have since closed down.

Out west, we have not yet played UBC, Regina or MRU

Reactions: Rob

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
UOIT (University of Ontario Institute of Technology), now branded OT (Ontario Tech) has yet to play UNB. They only started playing USPORTS hockey in 2007-08 about the time UNB started winning titles every other year, so I don't think playing UNB was high on their list.

RMC is the last remaining 'active' team that UNB has not played.

UNB has also played Laval, Bishops & Montreal, but they have since closed down.

Out west, we have not yet played UBC, Regina or MRU
Came some awful close to playing UBC until a certain pandemic hit lol..

Craig D

Sep 5, 2019
Looks like we have Roberto Mancini committed to UNB for the 2024-25 season. Formal announcement to come I suspect. Great ADD! This has the look of a really nice recruiting class for the REDS. Looking forward to the upcoming season!!

Reactions: Drummer and Rob

hockeyinsiderusports

Nov 20, 2017
Not sure what you mean about UNB mold. While purely defensive defencemen are not common at UNB, Gardiner used to love them for the PK. I have also seen many "defensive" defencemen grow into mobile d-men after a season or two in the UNB system.

Mancini makes a lot mental errors in his own zone and struggles at times with speedy Wingers. If he keeps it simple, he’ll be 5 max D

Reactions: FreddyFoyle

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Renewed my season pass today. It should be noted that if you want to change seats you cannot do so until next week.

A little disappointed that they only have the one exhibition game at the AUC before the season starts. A three week wait.

I was looking at going to the exhibition game against Les Aigles in Tracdie but that is quite the drive to the middle of nowhere.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Renewed my season pass today. It should be noted that if you want to change seats you cannot do so until next week.

A little disappointed that they only have the one exhibition game at the AUC before the season starts. A three week wait.

I was looking at going to the exhibition game against Les Aigles in Tracdie but that is quite the drive to the middle of nowhere.
3 hr drive from Freddy Beach.

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
3 hr drive from Freddy Beach.

Junior A game at the civic centre Miramichi Friday night then a few pops somewhere, how's she goin'. Greasy breakfast Saturday on the peninsula, UNB/UdeM in Tracadie Saturday night then go dancin'.
Big weekend.

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach

Unless they’ve built a new rink I don’t think I’d drive that far to sit in that thing . If my memories of minor hockey are accurate , it’s old , smells like ammonia and bleach and very cold .

Reactions: Rob

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Unless they’ve built a new rink I don’t think I’d drive that far to sit in that thing . If my memories of minor hockey are accurate , it’s old , smells like ammonia and bleach and very cold .

Maybe Timbit can explain why Les Aigles chose to play an exhibition game there?

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Junior A game at the civic centre Miramichi Friday night then a few pops somewhere, how's she goin'. Greasy breakfast Saturday on the peninsula, UNB/UdeM in Tracadie Saturday night then go dancin'.
Big weekend.
You know I had zero desire to make this trip but this sounds like a helluva weekend lol. If the senior league was playing games at this point I think I’d be sold lol. That’s some entertaining hockey lol

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00