Confirmed with Link: Ullmark signs 4 years 8.25

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Ullmark looks extremely fast.

Even if he can't match the same levels he reached in Boston, he's gonna give us a really solid chance to win.

Biggest impact you can make is upgrading in net. It makes bad teams good and good teams great.

If the leafs made this move five years ago they'd have a couple more banners in their barn.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Ullmark looks extremely fast.

Even if he can't match the same levels he reached in Boston, he's gonna give us a really solid chance to win.

Biggest impact you can make is upgrading in net. It makes bad teams good and good teams great.

If the leafs made this move five years ago they'd have a couple more banners in their barn.
It's the locker room voice that I bet is awesome from him that's the huge added benefit. He seems like someone who will call out the team when they play badly in between periods - probably like Alfie in that regard, but also someone who will be a great teammate and continuously praise good work etc, while showing a great work ethic himself.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
A goalie coach that was on Kyper and Bourne said it a couple days ago. I am not sure why he would lie. That being said what does saying "there is a risk" have to do with being a fan or not?

perhaps trying to tell people where or how to post is a you problem. Hostile, negative, all around off topic and stinkky
Your first mistake is believing anything - anything - on that podcast. Kyper does not try to hide his Leaf bias. For those of us who have known him throughout the years, his anti-Sens bias is just as strong as his pro-Leaf stance.

That said - goalie "coaches" are just that - coaches. They're not starting goalies in the NHL. They can try and watch video and make suggestions here and there but they aren't the ones stopping pucks. I would take that guy's opinion with a grain of salt.

What we do have at our disposal is a couple pre-season games and a win against the defending Stanley Cup champions last night. It doesn't take long to know if a goalie has "it". It took probably 2 games last year for all of us to know Korpisalo isn't great.

People can try and argue Ullmark was a product of the system but I'm going to disagree. He's a phenomenal goalie. Watch his saves last night. Probably the best sequence was the team getting hemmed in, the Panthers getting a chance and then one of them taking the puck around back for a wrap-around only to get stoned by Ullmark. The sheer athleticism and reaction time to make that save was world-class. 100% that is a goal against by Murray, Korpisalo, Forsberg, Soogard etc.

Again - we're one game in and Ullmark just got us 2 points. Let that sink in. This team missed by what, 13 points last season? I'd say things are looking good.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

sena

Jul 3, 2024
Your first mistake is believing anything - anything - on that podcast. Kyper does not try to hide his Leaf bias. For those of us who have known him throughout the years, his anti-Sens bias is just as strong as his pro-Leaf stance.

That said - goalie "coaches" are just that - coaches. They're not starting goalies in the NHL. They can try and watch video and make suggestions here and there but they aren't the ones stopping pucks. I would take that guy's opinion with a grain of salt.

What we do have at our disposal is a couple pre-season games and a win against the defending Stanley Cup champions last night. It doesn't take long to know if a goalie has "it". It took probably 2 games last year for all of us to know Korpisalo isn't great.

People can try and argue Ullmark was a product of the system but I'm going to disagree. He's a phenomenal goalie. Watch his saves last night. Probably the best sequence was the team getting hemmed in, the Panthers getting a chance and then one of them taking the puck around back for a wrap-around only to get stoned by Ullmark. The sheer athleticism and reaction time to make that save was world-class. 100% that is a goal against by Murray, Korpisalo, Forsberg, Soogard etc.

Again - we're one game in and Ullmark just got us 2 points. Let that sink in. This team missed by what, 13 points last season? I'd say things are looking good.

you suggest I base my thoughts on what people that have no contacts and connections feel because...fan
I suggest people should be able to hear things without throwing a little fit.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
you suggest I base my thoughts on what people that have no contacts and connections feel because...fan
I suggest people should be able to hear things without throwing a little fit.
I think it's just gotten a little old for Sens fans. We've been hearing all summer about how Korpisalo is gonna go to Boston and because of their supposed elite defensive system will suddenly turn in to a reliable goaltender, all while completely ignoring his lackluster career before he came to Ottawa. Then there's fabrications around Ullmark's career and trying to make it seem as though he only succeeded because of their defensive system and wasn't any good in Buffalo and would crumble in Ottawa. It's BS. Korpisalo sucks and Ullmark is obviously in the top 5-10 starters in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad