Confirmed with Link: Ullmark signs 4 years 8.25

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I listened to those. He wanted to start last year, but was told the renos would upend the season and to wait. It's still unfckn real how getto this team was run. Little bits keep coming out.
I can't say I'm surprised. There was so much noise during Melnyk's last few years of absolutely everything just being chopped to the bone and it was amateur hour from the outside looking in.
I made some sens fan hype videos a while ago that blew up and I got invited to tour around a lot of the Sens facilities. Was pretty surprised how terrible some of them were (compared to what you would think). Glad to hear it is being addressed!
Interesting. I'm also glad it's being addressed. These are pro hockey players and it's ideal for them to have facilities that are up to the expectations of that level of hockey and other teams in the league. You're either in or you're out right.

Reactions: DrEasy

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
This is possibly as big as the day we drafted tkachuk
It's great. After Korps first game, there was a dude on the Boston board that said he was going to come here and troll us when Korps proved us wrong because we were laughing about it. Is it trolling to post the Linus signing interview on their postgame thread? Asking for friend.

Reactions: milkbag

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
It's great. After Korps first game, there was a dude on the Boston board that said he was going to come here and troll us when Korps proved us wrong because we were laughing about it. Is it trolling to post the Linus signing interview on their postgame thread? Asking for friend.
I was arguing with a friend at hockey about this on Sunday. He was peddling the same BS. I made sure to text him during the game last night.

Reactions: Loach

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Drop his @

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The one big takeaway I had from his interview on tsn1200 today was how he nonchalantly discussed how he talked to "professionals" to help figure himself out.

Really shows how grounded he is, how comfortable in his own skin he is and how he owns his own shit, address it, and doesn't feel any shame over it.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, and I'm biased from my own issues with mental health . . . but that really speaks out to me about who this guy is. And from my totally ignorant to how a locker room opperates point of view . . . it sounds very much like what is needed in any group of young men to ground everyone.

Super stoked for this guy. Can't wait to see what he can do this year

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
It's a fair criticism that signing a goalie to this like of contract before playing a single regular season game is risky.
I don't see how the risk is any greater because the regular season hasn't started yet.

He is a great goalie, he is OUR great goalie. His track record speaks for itself and there is no need to see how he looks in the regular season. He is going to look great.

He is obviously feeling comfortable here, and that is great. This turns a page on a very dark chapter in Senators history.

I am thrilled.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The one big takeaway I had from his interview on tsn1200 today was how he nonchalantly discussed how he talked to "professionals" to help figure himself out.

Really shows how grounded he is, how comfortable in his own skin he is and how he owns his own shit, address it, and doesn't feel any shame over it.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, and I'm biased from my own issues with mental health . . . but that really speaks out to me about who this guy is. And from my totally ignorant to how a locker room opperates point of view . . . it sounds very much like what is needed in any group of young men to ground everyone.

Super stoked for this guy. Can't wait to see what he can do this year
Seems he has life totally in the proper perspective. Family to him is most important and if they are happy so is he. In turn I believe he will play really well because of that.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Seems he has life totally in the proper perspective. Family to him is most important and if they are happy so is he. In turn I believe he will play really well because of that.
During his presser, I really liked his answer when someone asked him what the difference was between Buffalo and here? He said that there's a desire to become better, not being satisfied with the status quo and that he wanted to be a part of it (paraphrasing here).

sena

Jul 3, 2024
I don't see how the risk is any greater because the regular season hasn't started yet.

He is a great goalie, he is OUR great goalie. His track record speaks for itself and there is no need to see how he looks in the regular season. He is going to look great.

He is obviously feeling comfortable here, and that is great. This turns a page on a very dark chapter in Senators history.

I am thrilled.
It's a risk. Word was Buffalo was unhappy with him not wanting to play a lot. Lets pray he can play a lot of games, and wants to play. His limited playoff numbers are yuuukkkkk
I hope he has decided its time to be the man

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's a risk. Word was Buffalo was unhappy with him not wanting to play a lot. Lets pray he can play a lot of games, and wants to play. His limited playoff numbers are yuuukkkkk

The way the league is changing, I doubt you'll see many goalies play more than 50-55 regular season games a year. There was something I was reading a year or two ago - those composite sticks, more wide open and skilled play - all that means a lot more up and down movement for goalies compared to eras past. Way more wear and tear on the knees and hips. It also explains why it's so hard for goalies to be consistently good for multiple years at a time.

Reactions: DrEasy

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
During his presser, I really liked his answer when someone asked him what the difference was between Buffalo and here? He said that there's a desire to become better, not being satisfied with the status quo and that he wanted to be a part of it (paraphrasing here).
I think he actually said a desire (or willingness) to change. Everyone wants to be better... most people dont want to change

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Probably. There was one child on there syzgyz or some such nonsense

Game 1 post game. Page 2. The don godfather. Have at it.
Oh, he's another useless poster. There are many

Edit: man, that's right, he said we wouldn't and couldn't sign ullmark. I remember it now.

Last edited:

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
They added a family area for the players. I thought that was a given. What went on here before?

Before, it was only for girlfriends. Not even for the wives. They also didn't allow brunettes in.

Probably. There was one child on there syzgyz or some such nonsense

Oh, he's another useless poster. There are many

Edit: man, that's right, he said we wouldn't and couldn't sign ullmark. I remember it now.

There are no useless posters. I don't mean to break kayfabe, but we all have a role to play here. Except for that guy who made a post about how he was going to be a Leafs fan from now on.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Well ... he's likely a douchebag.

I on the other hand want to congratulate you guys in signing Ullmark solidifying your net for the next 4 years.
All the best!:thumbu:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
What?

If this guy is a risk, then I guess we should only sign 1 year contracts from now on.

Best overall goalie stats in the past 2 years (someone else posted that, so may be off).

Recent Vezina winner.

Entire career with + save%

Clearly a leader and person that won't settle for mediocrity.

His preseason alone shows me there is no risk. His presence in net is a stark contrast to what we have seen for at least 5 years.

How anyone can put a negative spin on this is beyond me. Great goalies make great teams, it is that simple.

Reactions: LiseL and Icelevel

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Ok, let me make it clear for you because I am too stupid for you to understand.

Daccord has a 1yr track record. Ullmarks is more than 5 yrs, all playing at or above the level that Daccord reached . Goalies are notoriously inconsistent, and Ullmark has proven to be one of the more consistent goalies in the league. That is why - to answer your brilliant question - he is paid that much more.

Isnt it interesting that everyone is so stupid but you? Must be frustrating hand-holding us dummies all day.
I was responding to your idiotic "we don't judge goalies based on a single season" comment where you only picked the worst 1-yr goalie performances to make your point.

Second of all, I've already said I'm on board with the Ullmark signing.

Third of all, I think we can all have some reservations about a guy who has averaged about 34 games per season. Yes, his stats are great in those ~34 games per year. Now he's being paid to be great for 55ish games per year, which is a significant jump from his historical career average. I don't think we need to pretend that we're not entering slightly uncharted territory.

Take a look at the entire body of work. 8.25 would have been awful for 6-8 years but 4 years is ideal.

He’s unproven. Wouldn’t want to trust him for 27 games.
WE'RE PAYING FOR A LONGER TRACK RECORD...it's right there in the f***ing post. Just thought I'd point it out for you.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
It's a risk crossing the street as well. If you think Ullmark shouldn't be signed long term then you also think 95% of the players in the NHL should be on one year deals.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Early impressions of Ullmark are great. But, at 8.25, he's paid to be a work horse... not some ferrari you take out of the garage once a week for a spin. He better give us 50 starts this season or we're in trouble. Forsberg, these days, is not conveying a sense of dependability.

Reactions: bicboi64

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Early impressions of Ullmark are great. But, at 8.25, he's paid to be a work horse... not some ferrari you take out of the garage once a week for a spin. He better give us 50 starts this season or we're in trouble. Forsberg, these days, is not conveying a sense of dependability.
100% agreed. I know these days teams run a tandem, but we need Ullmark to beat his career high of 49 starts. Hopefully he can become a guy that plays 60+ games this year, been so long since any keeper has played 60 games for us

Reactions: armani and DrEasy

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
100% agreed. I know these days teams run a tandem, but we need Ullmark to beat his career high of 49 starts. Hopefully he can become a guy that plays 60+ games this year, been so long since any keeper has played 60 games for us
Yes, and this will allow us to run a much cheaper backup moving forward as well. (not that our expensive backup has worked out, of course)

Reactions: armani and bicboi64

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad