GDT: UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Aspinall/Bellator 283: Lima vs. Jackson

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I don't know what's funnier. Craig pulling mount or the ref constantly gesturing to Volkan to go into Craig's guard.

Reactions: Taytro

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
What a weird fight.

Given how the prelims went, "weird" is a solid upgrade at least from those ones.

Both guys just looked like bad versions of themselves.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I started watching with the Wood fight and haven't enjoyed a single one so far. Some of Wood's striking was fun and he mixed things up well but man, it has been rough. Hopefully it picks up here....

On paper this is a really good and fun card.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
That wasn't the right ref for that fight, what was he doing.

Lmao wut is that scoring?
He's either a Craig fan or completely oblivious to what Craig's gameplan is (and thus Volkan's gameplan).

Meh. I think the scores are justifiable. Volkan was out striking Craig in every round and hits much harder.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't know what's funnier. Craig pulling mount or the ref constantly gesturing to Volkan to go into Craig's guard.

That wasn't the right ref for that fight, what was he doing.

Lmao wut is that scoring?

He's either a Craig fan or completely oblivious to what Craig's gameplan is (and thus Volkan's gameplan).

Do you think he was telling him to go into the guard? I thought he was saying to either go into the guard or back off, but don't just stand there in-between. Pretty typical reffing in those kind of fights. Maybe I missed it though.

Reactions: torero

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Do you think he was telling him to go into the guard? I thought he was saying to either go into the guard or back off, but don't just stand there in-between. Pretty typical reffing in those kind of fights. Maybe I missed it though.
I mean, probably, but the motion he kept making with his hands was like "Well? Aren't you going to go into his guard?"

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
The hand gestures were pointing Volkan into Craig's guard. If the ref knew anything he'd have stepped in quicker knowing that Volkan wasn't going in there.

Molly McCann is just feeeeeding on the hype. Another highlight reel KO.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Cool finish. I know she's crushed a couple of cans in London but that's two big finishes for her in big moments.

And hey cool, something happened on this card. Finally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad