GDT: UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Aspinall/Bellator 283: Lima vs. Jackson

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Lorenz Larkin probably should have been DQ'd for that. Can't elbow a guy in the back of the head like that.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Bellator not f***ing around with card pace tonight going to be a wrap within 2 hours

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Helwani, Petesey Carrol and Chuck Mindenhall were talking about Aspinall like his championship is already guaranteed. Absolutely raving about him. Said he looks similar to Cain and Frank Mir where he's a huge, athletic, quick heavyweight who is good at everything. Aspinall's last fight was the only one I've seen for him so I don't know if the hype is legit.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Helwani, Petesey Carrol and Chuck Mindenhall were talking about Aspinall like his championship is already guaranteed. Absolutely raving about him. Said he looks similar to Cain and Frank Mir where he's a huge, athletic, quick heavyweight who is good at everything. Aspinall's last fight was the only one I've seen for him so I don't know if the hype is legit.

He very well could be that good.. but I need to see tomorrow first.

-----

Truly awful Bellator main event

Reactions: I am not exposed

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
He very well could be that good.. but I need to see tomorrow first.

-----

Truly awful Bellator main event

I legit started cleaning my house because I was so bored watching it I was going to fall asleep.

Sucks for outlaw... went from fighting for the belt tonight to the champ getting hurt. Took a replacement fight anyway and gets wrecked in 30 seconds losing his title shot.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Before I forget, Dalton Rosta looked awesome tonight. Might be a future star

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Where do you rank Aspinall currently? From the sounds if it he wants to keep improving and doesn’t want to rush things but he might already be considered top 5.
Well, he's got to beat Blaydes to rank him in the top 5.

But just my feeling of where he is? I think Francis, Blaydes, and possibly Stipe are the only guys I wouldn't pick him against. I think skill-wise, he's probably better than Stipe at this point, but Stipe's so damn durable and might be able to outlast him.

We'll see, though. There are still questions, namely his chin, cardio, and how he handles any pressure or adversity.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I was just on FaceTime with Helwani for 30 seconds lol. Buddy ran into him in Boston

I told him thank you for the 10-7 against Schaub, he said thanks and he asked me where my shirt was 😂😂.

Apparently he talked to my buddy for a little bit about fights, was a very nice guy. Seemed very cool in the 30 seconds where I FaceTimed him shirtless while he was out and about trying to enjoy his Saturday buying clothes lol

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Pretty lame start to this UFC card. Dalby with a decent comeback, WMMA prelim fight was a WMMA prelim fight, and Herbert/Nelson was a bit of a grinder.

But - big one up next. Muhammad Mokaev is a great prospect and Charles Johnson is a pretty solid test. Might be some of the future of flyweight here.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Insane that at just 21 years old he's 30-0 going back to 2015 including many amateur fights.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Johnson looks timid standing up and nonchalant on the ground, Mokaev clearly has the mental edge as well. Bit of a dissapointment tbh, hoped Mokaev would’ve been bit more of a entertaining fighter.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Great control by Mokaev but what an awful fight.

I think I said earlier in the thread that this card might end up being a boring one (especially compared to the last London card) but I didn't think it would extend to the prelims. This has been brutal so far.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Nice win for Pearce - probably could have stopped that one a bit earlier.

Amirkhani came into the UFC with a ton of hype but we might be nearing the end of the road with him. Still has one of the best tapology pictures though - when I first saw it I thought it was some sort of ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 16Skippy

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Wood still gets hit a bit too much for my liking - those Rosa left hooks were cracking him no matter how much the booth/crowd no-sold them. But, he's good enough to stick around the UFC and put on fun fights.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
How did this Diakese fight get made? The skill mismatch is outrageous, especially since Diakese was usually a striker.

Great performance but this isn't even remotely close.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Another truly awful fight. Diakiese using ground control and Hadzovic with some of the worst grappling/TDD/work off his back that you will see in the UFC.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Another truly awful fight. Diakiese using ground control and Hadzovic with some of the worst grappling/TDD/work off his back that you will see in the UFC.
I was listening to the commentary say that he's had this happen 2 other times. Why is he still in the company? That was one of the worst performances I've seen over 15 minutes. Diakese isn't even a prolific grappler or anything.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
How did this Diakese fight get made? The skill mismatch is outrageous, especially since Diakese was usually a striker.

Great performance but this isn't even remotely close.

The fight in theory should have been fun and setup for a stand-up battle. Diakiese is really fun on the feet and Hadzovic hits hard.

Obviously Diakiese saw something he could exploit with the wrestling.. but man that was tough to watch. What an awful undercard.

This one will be good though - Jones v Klein.

I was listening to the commentary say that he's had this happen 2 other times. Why is he still in the company? That was one of the worst performances I've seen over 15 minutes. Diakese isn't even a prolific grappler or anything.

He's been involved in a few fun fights and a few boring ones. I just think they thought Diakiese would want to stand and trade but obviously he had other plans. But yeah, that should be the end of him in the UFC.

Reactions: Taytro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad