GDT: UFC 308: Topuria vs. Holloway

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Rakic corner says he's up 2 and to be careful? I think he might be down 2, and needs to be reckless.
His opponent is a live -1300 lmao

Idk why you would even say that if it’s true if you’re a cornerman

Rakic looks the part but honestly I just don’t think he has much for the very top of the division

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
So Rakic outlanded Ankalaev but Ankalaev looked like he was in control of the whole fight. I would have 29-28 Ankalaev but based on those stats I have literally no idea.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Is that enough for Ank to get the title shot?
Shouldn't be... I thought it was a pretty lack luster and uninspiring fight. After being told he needs to have an exciting fight to get a title shot, he didn't really have one. That being said .. it takes two to tango sometimes.

Reactions: MMC

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Shouldn't be... I thought it was a pretty lack luster and uninspiring fight. After being told he needs to have an exciting fight to get a title shot, he didn't really have one. That being said .. it takes two to tango sometimes.
Agree I just don't see many better options and Pereira likes to stay active so they'll have to get someone in there. I would not hate seeing the Jan rematch but I get why people think Jan should have to get another win first

Reactions: Taytro

bov

Nov 13, 2010
1st round was debatable but that was a very clear win for Ankalaev, rounds 2 and 3 were not close and those striking numbers on screen were garbage. Rakic was backing up all fight, took more damage and didn't phase Ankalaev with anything at all.

What a horrible corner for Rakic.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Ankalaev deserves the shot, enough with this stupid bs about "oh was the fight entertaining enough". They've given the last two shots to Hill and Rountree ffs.

Reactions: BackToTheBasics

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Ankalaev deserves the shot, enough with this stupid bs about "oh was the fight entertaining enough". They've given the last two shots to Hill and Rountree ffs.
Hill was champ and never lost the belt in a fight, he deserved the shot. Rountree is debatable but I don't fault them for going with the entertaining matchup and he was on a good streak

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Hill was champ and never lost the belt in a fight, he deserved the shot. Rountree is debatable but I don't fault them for going with the entertaining matchup and he was on a good streak
What do you mean he "never lost the belt in fight"? The point is LHW is a paper thin division and he's clearly the top contender. Enough with these mental gymnastics trying to justify denying him a shot. Who else deserves it more? Blachowicz?

Reactions: BackToTheBasics

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad