GDT: UFC 308: Topuria vs. Holloway

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah at 40, if he has another knee injury and takes a year to recover ... We might see him in 2026 and hopefully against a trash box so he can get a win and retire.
Yeah, there’s a ton of mileage on that chassis.

Agreed though. If he returns, give him a send off. Hate to see him jeopardize his future with knee injuries.

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah, there’s a ton of mileage on that chassis.

Agreed though. If he returns, give him a send off. Hate to see him jeopardize his future with knee injuries.
100%. We see it time and time again these guys don't want to leave... Especially like that. Especially on a 3 fight losing streak. Just give him an easy win and let him ride off into the sunset.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
100%. We see it time and time again these guys don't want to leave... Especially like that. Especially on a 3 fight losing streak. Just give him an easy win and let him ride off into the sunset.
I always circle back to Tony Ferguson. It’s just really brutal to see what’s happening with him over the last few years.

I was hoping they’d do Ferguson vs Nick Diaz at 170.

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I don't think Sharabullet looked particularly good in his last fight, so I think Petrosyan has a chance. But Petrosyan also didn't look good so... Who knows.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Asking the fighter if they’re ok is so corny. Either you saw something that should result in the fight being stopped or you didn’t
I agree... If you saw a foul you stop the fight and then ask if he's ready. You really expect the fighter to say "no my balls hurt please stop the fight briefly".

Reactions: MMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad