Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Just a hypothetical trade that probably doesn’t make sense, but would anyone trade Ritchie + 1st for Simon Nemec?

Just curious what the sentiment is.

We don’t have a 1st to trade.

The 2025 1st is with Philadelphia and since it has top 10 protection on it that could be deferred to 2026, we aren’t allowed to trade the 2026 1st yet.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Yea, but isn't it like peanuts?
Yeah it's 50K + a 35oz jar

1729951654375.png

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
We don’t have a 1st to trade.

The 2025 1st is with Philadelphia and since it has top 10 protection on it that could be deferred to 2026, we aren’t allowed to trade the 2026 1st yet.
Practically you’re correct. They could trade a conditional 27 1st that could move to a 26 if the 25 pick goes to Philly. Some team pulled off a move like this a couple years ago.

It would signal a different disaster though.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Practically you’re correct. They could trade a conditional 27 1st that could move to a 26 if the 25 pick goes to Philly. Some team pulled off a move like this a couple years ago.

It would signal a different disaster though.

Yeah, I should have been clear that it’s officially possible but just unlikely.

I’m glad the NHL isn’t like the NBA/NFL trading picks 10 years into the future.

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think the MLB has decent parity and small market teams can compete (just see Arizona and Tampa lately), but it comes with massively different rules on player retention. It isn't black and white here.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I wonder if the Ducks would ever consider moving Lundestrom:

George+ for Gibson(@50%) + Lundestrom would be a pretty nice move. The + would have to be something good but I'm not really against moving any piece that isn't in the NHL, including Ritchie.

Gibson comes in as the starter or 1A with Juice this year, Lundestrom would give us that 3C and allow Colton to move to the Wing full time:

Drouin - Mack - Mikko
Lehky - Mitts - Nuke
Colton - Lundestrom - Landy

Hell of a Top 9.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I wonder if the Ducks would ever consider moving Lundestrom:

George+ for Gibson(@50%) + Lundestrom would be a pretty nice move. The + would have to be something good but I'm not really against moving any piece that isn't in the NHL, including Ritchie.

Gibson comes in as the starter or 1A with Juice this year, Lundestrom would give us that 3C and allow Colton to move to the Wing full time:

Drouin - Mack - Mikko
Lehky - Mitts - Nuke
Colton - Lundestrom - Landy

Hell of a Top 9.
With wood kovalenko loc Kelly 4th line

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
And f*** parity and f*** all the other cities and their fans too right?
Who cares what happens in the likes of "Columbus" and "Winnipeg" as long as Stan is paying our all-conquering team of ballers the GDP of a small country?

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
I suggested lundestrom+Gibson awhile back, but no answer.

I thought it would allow some depth if Gabe doesn't come back until January February.

Drouin Nate Nuke
Lehky Mitts Mikko
Colton lundestrom LOC
Wood Kelly kivi kovy

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
There is also a middle-ground between "no salary cap - big teams get all the stars and small teams have zero chance" and what the NHL is currently doing, with player movement being at a minimum, forcing good teams to become worse teams and having zero elite teams.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yes. Parity is f***ing stupid. It's artificially created.

If you aren't a wealthy owner willing to spend, you shouldn't own a sports franchise.
What's articifial in sport is being able to buy a championship. It has nothing to do with their capacity at drafting, developing and building a team.

Have a league with only a handful of teams then and quit pretending it's anything else. Right now there are 4 or 5 orgs and the rest are just their farm teams. Dodgers have an $8 billion TV deal. Good luck, Pirates.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The MLB still has parity and teams like KC and Tampa compete. The Rangers, Braves, Angles and Marlins are not exactly swimming in cash and have won. They also have significantly different retention rules that balance in favor of the teams early in careers. They are just different.

With all of that though, the NHL’s business is operating as well as it ever has, in large part in due to the cap.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
What's articifial in sport is being able to buy a championship. It has nothing to do with their capacity at drafting, developing and building a team.

Have a league with only a handful of teams then and quit pretending it's anything else. Right now there are 4 or 5 orgs and the rest are just their farm teams. Dodgers have an $8 billion TV deal. Good luck, Pirates.
Mmhhhmm. That's why the Rangers and Leafs were demolishing everyone pre-cap and winning alternating Stanley Cups.

• Haha
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Can we shoot Parker Kelly to the moon already? I hate seeing him in these line ups people create here.

Absolutely waste of a roster spot, net negative player.
I think we always need to be careful with judging too quickly.

Some players don’t pick it up right away here. Can take 20-30 games before it starts to click.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah definitely no on Yamamoto.

Again, if a guy ain’t big or fast then he really has to have crazy good hockey sense to be effective in any offensive capacity. We saw that issue manifest in Tyson Jost, don’t need to see it again.

I’d rather the Avs take a chance on a guy like Sheary, and I didn’t want them to claim Sheary either.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad