GDT: UFC 305: du Plessis vs. Adesanya/PFL 8

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1723503344969.jpeg

Date: August 18, 2024
Venue: RAC Arena
City: Perth, Australia
Time: 10 pm ET/7 pm PT (8/17)
Viewing: PPV

MAIN CARD (PPV)

Middleweight Championship bout: Dricus du Plessis (c) vs. Israel Adesanya
Flyweight bout: Kai Kara-France vs. Steve Erceg
Lightweight bout: Mateusz Gamrot vs. Dan Hooker
Heavyweight bout: Tai Tuivasa vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
Welterweight bout: Li Jingliang vs. Carlos Prates

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN2, Sportsnet)

Heavyweight bout: Junior Tafa vs. Valter Walker
Featherweight bout: Josh Culibao vs. Ricardo Ramos
Women’s Flyweight bout: Casey O’Neill vs. Luana Santos
Featherweight bout: Jack Jenkins vs. Herbert Burns

EARLY PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Lightweight bout: Tom Nolan vs. Alex Reyes
Welterweight bout: Song Kenan vs. Ricky Glenn
Flyweight bout: Stewart Nicoll vs. Jesus Aguilar​

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1723504149193.jpeg

Date: August 16, 2024
Venue: Hard Rock Live
City: Hollywood, Florida
Time: 9 pm ET/6 pm PT
Viewing: ESPN

MAIN CARD (ESPN)

Light Heavyweight semifinal bout: Impa Kasanganay vs. Josh Silveira
Light Heavyweight semifinal bout: Rob Wilkinson vs. Dovlet Yagshimuradov
Lightweight semifinal bout: Gadzhi Rabadanov vs. Michael Dufort
Lightweight semifinal bout: Brent Primus vs. Clay Collard
Lightweight bout: Biaggio Ali Walsh vs. Brian Stapleton

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+)

Bantamweight bout: Danny Sabatello vs. Lazaro Dayron
Lightweight alternate bout: Elvin Espinoza vs. Mads Burnell
Welterweight bout: Thad Jean vs. Chris Brown
Featherweight bout: Jordan Oliver vs. Braydon Akeo
Women’s Featherweight bout: Michelle Montague vs. Marilia Moraes​

Last edited:

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Well I predicted du Plessi would win against Strickland at the start of the year, but Adesanya would beat him to take back the Middleweight Championship. So I'm sticking with that. I think du Plessi's reckless style will play into Adesanya's range via a knockout win. Which is a shame, as I want there to be one African champion in UFC.

Is Tai at a risk of being cut if he loses? He's lost 4 in a row right? I suppose it's been top competition and they kept Smilin Sam on the roster when he was losing to lesser fighters, so probably not. Plus he has that shoey thing going which is popular among fans.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Well I predicted du Plessi would win against Strickland at the start of the year, but Adesanya would beat him to take back the Middleweight Championship. So I'm sticking with that. I think du Plessi's reckless style will play into Adesanya's range via a knockout win. Which is a shame, as I want there to be one African champion in UFC.

Is Tai at a risk of being cut if he loses? He's lost 4 in a row right? I suppose it's been top competition and they kept Smilin Sam on the roster when he was losing to lesser fighters, so probably not. Plus he has that shoey thing going which is popular among fans.
Yeah I lean towards this being a styles make fights thing and Izzy having a lot of success

I’m also about to start up what I anticipate will be an epic cold streak after the run I had the last month and a half so idk if my instincts are right on that

• Haha
Reactions: Taytro and 16Skippy

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah I lean towards this being a styles make fights thing and Izzy having a lot of success

I’m also about to start up what I anticipate will be an epic cold streak after the run I had the last month and a half so idk if my instincts are right on that
I'll be along for the ride brother. Pretty sad when I have more success at the slots than on sports betting.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Kavanagh looked great, and nice performance from Delgado.
Sazhiniani looked so bad and never going to make it with Trex arms, Lopes got a big win but wasn't overly impressive.
Ding Hamed was boring and weak strategies by both fighters.
Mansur looked raw but scary massive and powerful.

Contracts to Kavanaugh and Abdul-Malik only imo.

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
All winners got contracts except Hamed. Not surprised Lopes got one with them being desperate for talent at the higher weight classes

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
If Izzy looks as bad against DDP as he did with Strickland I am petitioning the United Nations to prosecute Eugene Bareman for crimes against humanity.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
On paper Izzy should win, but I have a feeling DDP gets this. He always seems to exceed exceptions so far.

I guess the real question is if the beatdown by Strickland was just a style/game plan thing or has Izzy lost a step? Maybe a little of both but if he isn't 100% DDP is could do some damage.

Reactions: Taytro

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I really don't know how this is gonna go... did the workload catch up with him and this break will do him some good or has he taken a step back.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
DDP seems like the exact type of fighter that Izzy used to have a ton of success against. Izzy's counter striking should be on point and DDP is pretty unorthodox on the feet, I don't think he's nearly technical enough to win a striking battle vs Izzy. In my opinion DDP didn't even beat Strickland and Izzy is stylistically a worse matchup for him

That being said DDP is huge for the division and very strong. The strength is a game changer but maybe Izzy gaining the weight everyone says he has will help him defend the wrestling/clinch positions. If DDP doesn't grapple him to death or get a flash KO then it should be a striking clinic by Izzy.

Reactions: I am not exposed

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

My PFL favorites parlay cashed. Glad i avoided that weasel Sabatello and sprinkled on his opponent +575, even if it ended up a draw. Saw that rat line a mile away nice try Vegas

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Why is the UFC dragging its feet when it comes to holding an event in Africa?

Seems like this main event is being somewhat wasted on an Australian card...

Last edited:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Culibao gave that fight up by multiple awful decisions. Dude destroyed Ramos' leg with 4 minutes left in the first round to the point Ramos was backing up and limping, rushed in, fell on his face and proceeded to let Ramos almost submit him multiple times for the next 4 minutes. Then he truly destroys Ramos' leg in round 2 to the point where Ramos literally cannot stand and falls to the mat and proceeds to circle him for three minutes until realizing he can just back up and make the ref stand Ramos up. Just absolute idiocy.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
After the replay I'm OK with that stoppage. Tafa was in a horrible spot, they were both spinning on the ground so the ref probably didn't feel comfortable in being able to see a tap if he was trying to tap and that scream was scary.

Reactions: Taytro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad