GDT: UFC 287: Pereira vs. Adesanya 2/PFL 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Huge KO by Israel, very unlike his recent performances but I don't think he looked very good up until then. Pereira made a huge mistake swinging wildly and keeping his hands down and Izzy capitalized in a huge way. Up until the end though I had Alex winning every minute of the fight (not that it matters at all). Hopefully we see a more exciting Izzy going forward, hes a lot more fun to watch when he has some emotion in the fight.
It’s funny, that may be the only fight of the 4 where Pereira won the majority of it. And it’s the only one he lost

This sport is a cruel bitch!

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I actually had Adesanya winning Round 1, but those calf kicks were going to be good investments later in the fight for Pereira.
I had Alex winning Round 1 and I thought it was pretty clear. Those kicks were the most effective strikes in the round and he landed more strikes (by my eyes). But everyone sees the fights differently including the judges. If the same judges who scored Volk vs Max are judging this, Pereira gets that first round. But there's 0 consistency in judging so who knows.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I had Alex winning Round 1 and I thought it was pretty clear. Those kicks were the most effective strikes in the round and he landed more strikes (by my eyes). But everyone sees the fights differently including the judges. If the same judges who scored Volk vs Max are judging this, Pereira gets that first round. But there's 0 consistency in judging so who knows.

Izzy wasn't connecting much, but as I said at the end of the first round, the commentary made it sound like all his misses connected.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Overall very good card.

On the main card Burns vs. Masvidal was the weakest imo.

A lot of prospect hype trains stopped tonight.

Burns didn't do enough to guarantee an immediate title shot. He should probably just wait for a title shot. Even if it means Colby fights Edwards first.

What next for Izzy? He got his revenge. Who else is in this division would be a competitive fight? Maybe goes up a division again.

Reactions: Avs_19

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Overall very good card.

Burns didn't do enough to guarantee an immediate title shot. He should probably just wait for a title shot. Even if it means Colby fights Edwards first.

What next for Izzy? He got his revenge. Who else is in this division would be a competitive fight? Maybe goes up a division again.
I thought Burns vs Masvidal was good becuase the 3rd round was fun. I thought Rosas was kind of a booty fight IMO and the worst on the main card for sure (if you forgot, yes the 18 year old with 1 fight was on the main card over Gastelum vs Curtis)

Burns didn't do anything to earn a title shot tonight because the guy he beat was unranked and over 3 years removed from his last win. Belal should be ahead of Burns in the lineup for the title shot, so Burns DEFINITELY has to fight again before getting a shot. Or Belal vs Burns for the next title shot would work for me too (if they aren't friends).

Reactions: m9

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
1681017797673.png

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Okay I just looked at the middleweight rankings again and no one stands out. I mean Du Plessis :rolleyes: is the highest ranked fighter Izzy hasn't fought. And I'm not too sure how Du Plessis keeps winning lol.
Izzy isn't going up a division until LHW figures it's stuff out. They need to clean up the division before Izzy can move back up and Izzy needs to defend a bit before moves up anyway.

Reactions: I am not exposed

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I thought Burns vs Masvidal was good becuase the 3rd round was fun. I thought Rosas was kind of a booty fight IMO and the worst on the main card for sure (if you forgot, yes the 18 year old with 1 fight was on the main card over Gastelum vs Curtis)

Burns didn't do anything to earn a title shot tonight because the guy he beat was unranked and over 3 years removed from his last win. Belal should be ahead of Burns in the lineup for the title shot, so Burns DEFINITELY has to fight again before getting a shot. Or Belal vs Burns for the next title shot would work for me too (if they aren't friends).

Masvidal was ranked 11 I think before the fight.

Belal is the most deserving welterweight imo.

Fair point about the opening fight. I guess I enjoyed it somewhat due to the hype train derail. Not that I have anything against Rosas. Seems like a good kid and this will be a great learning experience for him (hopefully).

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Khamzat coming.

We see another Whittaker fight too.

Ahh, he's not in the rankings but yeah he should make the full time transition to this division.

I don't think Izzy and Whittaker will fight for a while. Whittaker was probably praying that Izzy would lose again!

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Overall very good card.

Considering the UFC had Figgy fight Moreno 4 straight times, they’re probably going to queue up the 3rd with Pereira. Either that, or they’re going to fast track Khamzat.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Masvidal was ranked 11 I think before the fight.

Belal is the most deserving welterweight imo.

Fair point about the opening fight. I guess I enjoyed it somewhat due to the hype train derail. Not that I have anything against Rosas. Seems like a good kid and this will be a great learning experience for him (hopefully).

:laugh: How on earth was Masvidal ranked 11th?! Ooof. My bad, forgot wins from 4 years ago were held in such a high regard in the rankings.

I didn't enjoy the Rosas fight, I didn't have a dog in the race and saw it as five minutes of a fresh guy being better at grappling than another fresh guy followed by ten minutes of the other fresh guy getting better grappling positions than a now exhausted guy. Not entertaining, nothing really on the line, others might have enjoyed it but it was not for me.

I like this a lot. Jan trying to capitalize on the fact that Izzy has faced a lot of the highly ranked middleweights. Great call out.

Reactions: I am not exposed

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
The Jan fight will probably interest Izzy. Doesn't have the same bad blood and back story as Pereira, but I'm sure he would like to avenge his loss. Can Jan cut that much though? And how much will it impact him on fight day.

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
Izzy wasn't connecting much, but as I said at the end of the first round, the commentary made it sound like all his misses connected.
Izzy was connecting. His mid kicks were landing and he was staying in the pocket. I had him up after the first round. Leg kicks are a volume game. Alex was setting it up for later rounds, but Izzy was just better tbh.

I'm not sure if he was 100% playing possum at the end, but either way, that was an amazing finish.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Izzy was connecting. His mid kicks were landing and he was staying in the pocket. I had him up after the first round. Leg kicks are a volume game. Alex was setting it up for later rounds, but Izzy was just better tbh.

I'm not sure if he was 100% playing possum at the end, but either way, that was an amazing finish.

During the second round Anik read the stat that Pereira was connecting about 60% of the time, whilst Izzy was connecting about 30% of the time. Of course Izzy was throwing more, but he was not connecting every time like the commentary would have you believe during the 1st round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad