GDT: UFC 207: Nunes vs Rousey

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
I went upstairs for a second. Have the post on. What did she say?

Someone asked her what she said to Edmond after the fight, and she said she asked him what exactly he's doing convincing her she can box. She pretty much called him and her delusional and said he mishandled her.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Agreed. She didn't want to fight. If Conor loses, I'll be 100% happy now.

If Conor loses his next LW fight I think he drops down to FW. He can continue to be a massive success. He lost, got finished actually by a non top 5 LW and here he is.. selling a million per.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
From what I recall, it's Edmond yelling, jab, jab. At that point Rousey starts getting tagged, at which time he calls out clinch, and repeats this and becomes more desperate with his pleas. It then follows with a whole bunch of no's.

I wonder if Edmond will be her manager in the WWE.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Nice, I'll stay up to watch Mirko.

https://twitter.com/zpgifs?lang=en

Scroll down until you see the Gabbi Gracie gif. I was crying. Joe Warren is terrible to watch right now though commentating.

From what I recall, it's Edmond yelling, jab, jab. At that point Rousey starts getting tagged, at which time he calls out clinch, and repeats this and becomes more desperate with his pleas. It then follows with a whole bunch of no's.

Yup. He yelled head movement a lot as well. It was the same thing. Some of it, yelling to clinch wasn't the worst possible idea. IMO, correct call. It was her only hope while out on the feet.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Hard to believe it could get worse after Holm. Good lord was that trash, I honestly couldn't be happier. That was like watching a pro vs a amateur. You'll never see Rousey fight again.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB

member 51464

On a serious note, I hope Ronda has the support she needs to not commit self-harm since she is clearly very fragile mentally.

On a less serious note, **** Ronda. She was a bitter, mean-spirited champion and a **** loser as well. You want to talk a big game about being the best in the world and better than Mayweather and all kinds of silliness, face the damn music when you lose.

I'd love nothing more than for her to come back for a third fight and get crushed. But that won't happen. Too bad we never got to see her have to face the post-fight press conference. What a joke.

Cody actually just seems like a nice, if uneducated, dude.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Any great MMA fighter loses here and there. I don't understand why she's had to be marketed as being unbeatable or the most devastating women's fighter ever. Rarely do athletes match the media and marketing hype.

Rousey was a good fighter until we were being told that no one could possibly beat her. You can't help but watch just to because you want to see her lose. Now that she's lost back-to-back fights...the badass aura about her is gone. She's not very likeable so who actually wants to see her "redemption story"?

Lost in it all...props to Nunes. She's legit and just because she doesn't have mainstream appeal, who cares? You watch this sport to see people who can fight.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
I thought Rousey's media blackout was suppose to end after the fight. But she did not do any do a post fight presser or backstage interview did she?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I thought Rousey's media blackout was suppose to end after the fight. But she did not do any do a post fight presser or backstage interview did she?

I'm sure if she won she would have talked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad