GDT: UFC 194: Rockhold vs. Weidman; McGregor vs. Aldo

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Dude **** yes! I'm glad There's a new champ for that division. Chris just doesn't have that championship 'aura' about him. Awesome fight.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
1st round was a toss-up...could've gone either way. Weidman controlled the first half, Rockhold the 2nd. Rockhold easily won the second round 10-9. Until that wheel-kick, Weidman was winning the 3rd round. So the fight was still up for grabs at the time of that kick.

Sonic Disturbance

Grandmaster User
Jan 1, 2009
Crazy thing is that even though that dopey kick is what led to the ass-whoopin', Luke was ahead on the cards anyway even before that by my estimation.

Chris Weidman's best impression of Chael Sonnen's spinning backfist against Anderson.

Weidman is a great fighter, but his best attribute might be his ability to take damage. He ate a ton of nasty kicks from Rockhold and didn't even flinch. He was getting tagged by Belfort and got clipped multiple times by Machida in the later rounds. Lesser fighters would've been KO'ed long ago.

That non-stoppage by Herb Dean was one of the worst I've ever seen. Rockhold was just dropping elbows and fists on Weidman for like 30-45 seconds while Chris was just turtleing up and bleeding like a faucet.

member 51464

That wheel-kick was sloppy looking anyway, and Weidman immediately seemed to freeze once Rockhold got on his back. Kind of interesting for a dude that was supposed to be a big-time wrestler.

Regardless, exciting fight and congrats to Luke. Weird to imagine Romero fighting either of these guys, visually.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
hopefully the main event lives up to the hype

Fingers-Crossed.jpg

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Luke Rockhold being a guy who formulated his MMA game to counteract to the game of his AKA teammates (pressuring wrestleboxers with great clinch fighting) just made him Weidman's kryptonite since he was pretty much prepared to fight that style since the beginning of his career

member 51464

I have a bad feeling that Aldo/McGregor won't live up to the hype, and I am sad.

But, for some reason, my gut says Aldo takes it.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
they let weidman take a beating, he probably shouldve tapped. but srsly, how awkward with your dad out there defending you after getting the **** beat out of you.... amazing

unless rust, aldo win this easily imo

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I guess the lesson is try not to get on the ground with Luke.

I don't know that standing in front of him absorbing kicks is the way to go either. Rockhold has a heck of an arsenal. I never would have believed that he could beat Weidman on the ground until I saw it. Rockhold's reign may last a while.

Sonic Disturbance

Grandmaster User
Jan 1, 2009
Rockhold made me eat major crow. He's improved dramatically in the last few fights. I thought Weidman was going to be champ for a long time.

Next: Head says Aldo, heart says McGregor.

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I love McGregor's schtick...but I want to see the return of the ruthless, unstoppable Aldo, which Conor McGregor may bring out in him. He seriously despises the Irishman.

Sonic Disturbance

Grandmaster User
Jan 1, 2009
Personally, I think Aldo will try and stand with McGregor, get clipped a few times and start going for takedowns (kind of like later on in the Korean Zombie fight), eventually winning by submission or decision.

But I sincerely hope that the straight left from Conor finds its mark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad