GDT: UFA Frenzy 2024 - We're ALL Gonna Die

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
right. Russians are value drafts unless they are like Ovie etc.

I mean Nikishin was 69 OA.

How often do russians get drafted in the top 10? Sure sergachev was. But Kucherov, Shesterkin, etc all were like 2nd rounders or worse. The Ovie malkin year is an outlier.

Most of your good russain assets are like 2nd rounders these days. Now even more risk because of the KHL thing and the war.

Yeah svech was high. Sure. But again taking a russian in the first is less and less common and many russians fall to the 2nd as value picks because of this.
Svech was also an anomaly, a Russian who came over and played in the OHL as a teenager. Much more confidence you can get him signed than a kid who has a KHL contract.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Personally, my target next year would be Konecny, and rather easily, in fact. Unlike what happened with Guentzel, I hope they learn their lesson and have an extension ready before the trade is made. I think the Avs and Oilers will find a way to keep Rantanen and Draisaitl, because normally teams like that do so.
Buchnevich and Crosby (kidding, kind of) should be the targets. Buch's size bodes better for longevity. Buch is 2 years older but I dont think that would be a problem.

Buchy shares the same agent as Svech and Orlov as well. A little bit of a relationship built too

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
I've thought Buch would be a great target, but I also looked up and he's not nearly as physical as I thought <1 hit per GP
Buch is one of two players with a positive corsi, the more you have the puck the less you are hitting. also, we just need him top be big with the puck not crush dudes. Aho's line is going to have a corsi near 60 so getting a big hitter isnt necessary.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Buchnevich and Crosby (kidding, kind of) should be the targets. Buch's size bodes better for longevity. Buch is 2 years older but I dont think that would be a problem.

Buchy shares the same agent as Svech and Orlov as well. A little bit of a relationship built too

I wonder if the Canes truly go for a Vegas-style trade-and-extension with Necas as the chip. The Blues would definitely need a good pick sent to us for the RFA vs. UFA difference, but I could see the Canes taking another swing at a PPG guy before the season starts.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
I wonder if the Canes truly go for a Vegas-style trade-and-extension with Necas as the chip. The Blues would definitely need a good pick sent to us for the RFA vs. UFA difference, but I could see the Canes taking another swing at a PPG guy before the season starts.
in a effort to increase depth, I would do necas for buch @ 50% with something small if we can get Buch extended post trade. then we have an extra 3+ million to play with to add some scoring depth too.

Reactions: Bunch of Jurcos

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
What in the world are the Ducks going to do to hit the floor? They’re currently $6M under with a 19/23 roster.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
What in the world are the Ducks going to do to hit the floor? They’re currently $6M under with a 19/23 roster.
1719941951298.png

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Would love to get a Jarvis deal announced just to give even the grumpiest of the grumps something to smile about for a few days
I have a feeling it’ll be a little later. Not because of strong negotiating but to see if we need a 1 year bridge to open up more cap space

Last edited:

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
I have a feeling it’ll be a little later. Not because of price but to see if we need a 1 year bridge to open up more cap space
Tulsky made it sound like with July 1st out of the way they’re going to focus on RFAs now. If I had to guess order of operations they’ll get Jarvis and Necas figured out this week so that there’s no other moving pieces to figure out before doing final tweaks through trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad