GDT: UFA Frenzy 2024 - We're ALL Gonna Die

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I did the same a number of years ago. It wasn’t the team getting to me, it was the negative posters here. It was refreshing and gave me a new perspective so I have fun with it now.

He’s a 4th liner making more than we want to pay a 4th liner.

Yet, we're giving Carrier (who is also 4th liner, yes?) a 6 year deal and keeping Martinook who, in another team would probably be a 4th liner.

To me, keeping Noesen would have been the smart thing to do.

Reactions: cptjeff

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Is there a reason we let Noesen leave?
He’s a fourth liner getting paid more than we want to pay a fourth liner. Good for him though.

Yet, we're giving Carrier (who is also 4th liner, yes?) a 6 year deal and keeping Martinook who, in another team would probably be a 4th liner.

To me, keeping Noesen would have been the smart thing to do.
Martinook played some of the toughest minutes on the team and had the 5th most 5v5 points.

Carrier’s AAV is very low and getting lower as the cap goes up.

Overpaying 4th liners like Noesen is not smart.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
He’s a fourth liner getting paid more than we want to pay a fourth liner. Good for him though.

Martinook played some of the toughest minutes on the team and had the 5th most 5v5 points.

Carrier’s AAV is very low and getting lower as the cap goes up.

Overpaying 4th liners like Noesen is not smart.

Well this is probably why no one gives me a GM job

But, I was really hoping we'd move from Martinook. I get it, but I was hoping for new blood.

At least it appears TDA won't be back.

ElmCityGuy

Apr 20, 2023
Thanks for the replies on my Necas question. I understand the "him not wanting to be here angle" but I have seen several posts saying trading Necas would help the forward production and I just don't get that part. Just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Thats the diff in 1 and 3m. Gost is not 2m better than TDA but maybe, I guess whatever.
1719873829278.png

TDa is really really bad at D

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
First free agent frenzy I didn’t track live in quite awhile (stupid WORK), my thoughts that you all totally want:

- Honestly, pretty darn good job rebuilding the D. Excited to have Ghost back and excited to see what Walker can do in this system. Good players at good contracts. We weren’t going to get a Skjei-Pesce level pairing, instead we got an above average 3rd pairing (or the equivalent, depending on how we do the pairings) for the cost of just Skjei.

- Really still waiting for that final move at forward to feel like this team is “complete”. Martinook’s number surprised me though perhaps it shouldn’t have. I don’t hate locking in a guy like Carrier but he’s certainly not filling much of a team need. Jost is a nothingburger of a signing. I do like what Tulsky is saying about leaving room for a kid or two to make a difference, but this team, just like at this same time last year, is a Bunting-esque signing away from feeling like it’s a complete forward group (hopefully a Bunting-esque signing that works out better than Bunting did).

- I’m indifferent to keeping Necas or trading him, but I think it would be a mistake to come out of this without either Necas or a forward with commensurate production and skill. Earlier in the offseason when more things were on the table I would’ve entertained a wide range of outcomes there, but now that fewer options are on the table, it feels like weakening the top-end talent of the forward group even further would be a mistake.

- Ultimately, I would’ve loved to come out of the day with a top 6-9 forward, but there’s still time, and the moves we made the rest of the day proved that this front office isn’t quite dead yet, even if this offseason is screaming “Plan C” instead of “Plan A”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad