OT: UB and General College Football Talk

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Unreal turn of events. 30-20 OSU with the Ohio State starting QB out with cramps. Backup QB running for his life on next play, fumbles and UB recovers in Ohio States 1 yard line. Should be able to pound it in to make it 30-27 but its called back on an illegal hands to the face call.

OSU gets the ball back and a 15 yard penalty. Then they drive down and score making it 37-20.

Damn damn damn.

Last edited:

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Hey guess what's more depressing

having a 17-7 lead as an FCS team on the road against a perennial top-40 team and then getting shut out in the second half to lose by a touchdown

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Hey guess what's more depressing

having a 17-7 lead as an FCS team on the road against a perennial top-40 team and then getting shut out in the second half to lose by a touchdown

Depressing? I find familiarity to be comforting :laugh:

BUFFALO SPORTS! WOOOOOO

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
This was actually the opposite of bad considering Ohio State is a national title game favorite

msm29

Was htsportplaya
Jul 1, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Mack's final stats: 9.5 tackles, 2.5 sacks and an interception, which he returned for a touchdown. Not bad against what should be a top-5 team.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I enjoyed the game. UB did well for themselves. Hoping for a good season from them.

As a local guy and a UB graduate - I HATE that they have "rebranded" themselves the New York Bulls.

That is total bullsh!t, IMO

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Mack's final stats: 9.5 tackles, 2.5 sacks and an interception, which he returned for a touchdown. Not bad against what should be a top-5 team.

That's impressive considering he's the guy OSU would be scheming to stop.

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
He is.

He was the one with the penalty that cause the swing in momentum. :(

But he was also the one that sacked the QB and caused the fumble on that play, so maybe if he doesn't commit the penalty to get around his blocker, then the sack and fumble doesn't happen anyway.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
But he was also the one that sacked the QB and caused the fumble on that play, so maybe if he doesn't commit the penalty to get around his blocker, then the sack and fumble doesn't happen anyway.

Maybe. A tough break for guy having a great game.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
I enjoyed the game. UB did well for themselves. Hoping for a good season from them.

As a local guy and a UB graduate - I HATE that they have "rebranded" themselves the New York Bulls.

That is total bullsh!t, IMO

I had a conversation about this very topic on my facebook page. It is sickening and a slap to the face of the City of Buffalo. Change their acronym from UB to SUNYAB if you want to be more NY. NO team will ever usurp Syracuse football as the state's nationally known team. This is just pathetic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad