HF Habs: U18 World Men's Hockey Championship, April 25-May 5

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
PP check PK check fore check check. I'd love to see him use his puck hound skills more in the Dzone he's too passive.

Yeah, I'd like to see him be a better playmaker, seems to miss passes when he has to make them and I'd like some more puck dominant plays, creativity. He's more of that Gallagher style.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah, I'd like to see him be a better playmaker, seems to miss passes when he has to make them and I'd like some more puck dominant plays, creativity. He's more of that Gallagher style.
Yep I'm not too worried though the misses were more a result of not putting enough mustard on those passes.
There is an awful lot to work with with Tij Iginla.

He clearly doesn't have the straight out offensive skills as some of those he will be pitted against but a case can be made for him potentially being the better all around player.

Frankie Morelli is playing smelly. And now a game misconduct. Yikes.

Last edited:
Reactions: bopeep

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Just from Team Canada you have Martone, Spence, McQueen, Desnoyers. Then you have Hagens from USA. Surely the European countries will bounce back next year with some strong draft prospects after such an underwhelming 2024 draft class.
Yep there’s Anton Frondell in sweden and Ivan Ryabkin in russia.

Plus Michael Misa also.

skidcells

May 11, 2023
One thing our nhl coaching staff has shown is the ability to develop the play making side of things with scoring wingers. Caufield, Gallagher and Anderson have all worked on that aspect. Caufield has shown improvement, Gallagher showed decent progress in the last 15 games and Anderson is still very much a work in progress.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
That was a dumbass play by Iginla, you have the puck in deep and you SLAP IT TOWARDS YOUR GOAL???? wth.
Especially a guy like him with some of the best board play and puck protection in the draft. Seriously questionable decision making under pressure there.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Canada was pretty bad after that first period. Lot's of clean up work to do before the Gold Medal Game.

Reactions: SOLR

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
That was a dumbass play by Iginla, you have the puck in deep and you SLAP IT TOWARDS YOUR GOAL???? wth.
Yeah. He played a strong game overall but that play was noticeably bad and didn't show much poise.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He had like 20 seconds to kill Steve Begin style right there haha
Yeah not a fan of that shot selection. Once again situational stuff is the easiest to work on. If he does it again I'll worry.
There were plenty of U18 mistakes by Canada it was a universal thing. The Americans will eat them alive if they don't clean that shit up.
I'm not a huge fan of our D or some of our lines if I'm being honest.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Hopefully we get a good showing from Eiserman and Iginla today.

I've been a bit disappointed by both so far. It's not that they're playing bad, but they've both sort of been passengers on their respective teams while under agers are steering the ship. I'd like to see them lead the way more today.

Reactions: Rozz

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

I've been a bit disappointed by both so far. It's not that they're playing bad, but they've both sort of been passengers on their respective teams while under agers are steering the ship. I'd like to see them lead the way more today.
Under agers that are far more talented. Eiserman and Iginla have been pretty good. Connelly, not so much.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI

Eiserman is not a play driver. He will get you a lot of goals when paired with a good playmaker, though.

Reactions: Tyson and Rozz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad